Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else concerned with our lack of urgency going forward? It's all very pedestrian. Nobody really looks to get on the ball in midfield and try and make something happen. It's all backwards and sideways passes recycling possession until an opportunity for a ball over the top/through ball appears.

All in all a dire game of football tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Average. Not the same level on intensity as last Saturday.
    Yeah, I only caught the last half. Wasn't overly exciting. Pretty even.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Anyone else concerned with our lack of urgency going forward? It's all very pedestrian. Nobody really looks to get on the ball in midfield and try and make something happen. It's all backwards and sideways passes recycling possession until an opportunity for a ball over the top/through ball appears.

Yes, though have to say NY was pressuring pretty well and then getting everyone back behind the ball later on.

Wasn't a lot of space to try to cut through, hence some of the over-the-top balls.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all waited for these "HOME" games in a stadium that should provide a real home field advantage

Totally flat coming out in the last two games - 5 points we will never get back

Same thing last year - is it leadership or coaching?

Goalie is brutal with his distribution and has let in the same "bad angle goal" two games in a row
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At home, Bradley has to play in a more offensive role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba's goal/assist streak snapped tonight. It took the team 11 games to score without Seba being involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to give a big shout out to Babouli and Johnson for their hustle tonight. Mo will break through in the next game or two I believe where we will only see 1 or 2 little mistakes a game. Really loving Endoh's creativity. On the other hand a big thumbs down to Moor tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC were the better team, especially in the 2nd half. NYCFC won't make the playoffs, just on a bit of a hot streak, no defense. TFC should have scored again in 2nd half. Four points out of 9 at home isn't ideal but I'd be more worried if they were outplayed, but haven't been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that was Mo's best game in a TFC jersey. Set up the goal and put in a good cross that Johnson should have finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    I think that was Mo's best game in a TFC jersey. Set up the goal and put in a good cross that Johnson should have finished.
    Oooof.

Low Standards Inc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    We all waited for these "HOME" games in a stadium that should provide a real home field advantage

Totally flat coming out in the last two games - 5 points we will never get back

Same thing last year - is it leadership or coaching?
    I wonder how much the lethargic crowd has to do with this. People are half assed about getting there in time and as a result the stadium is less than a third full at kick off. Instead of our opponents walking out to a wall of noise it's like taking to the field for a warm up. At KO tonight the east stand was less than a third full compared to half way through the second half when it was over two-thirds full
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 05-18-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I thought coming home now that the points would be guaranteed, instead they have already dropped 5 points in three games and with the possibility of Seba and Bradley gone for awhile this will start looking like your typical TFC season of the past seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I wonder how much the lethargic crowd has to do with this. People are half assed about getting there in time and as a result the stadium is less than half full at kick off. Instead of our opponents walking out to a wall of noise it's like taking to the field for a warm up. At KO tonight the east stand was less than a third full compared to half way through the second half when it was over two-thirds full
    Many "try" to get there on time but not all that easy for a 7 p.m. game for working stiffs like us ... especially from well out of town ... and there are lots of us ... doesn't help when the Jays and the Biebs are in town, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour has been just AWFUL the last two games. I witnessed Seba literally jog over to him and yell in his face tonight at around the 89th minute.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE the late fans -- normal for Toronto, but the lineup for the security check at least at the NE gate was brutal. I found a way around and was early anyway. How were the other gates?

Agreed about Beitashour. Also wanted to mention: lots of bad passing by many of the TFC players, from Irwin all the way forward. Often the guys seem lackadaisical or lack concentration ever since they started playing at home again. What's the reason?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very late for this game. Traffic is an absolute nightmare coming in from the 401>427>Gardiner and prospects looked even works on Queensway and Lakeshore. I don't know how they can put these games on so early given how bad our transportation infrastructure is. Sometimes this city really bothers me :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco desperately needs a quality, experienced player to play with up front. Someone who reads/see's the game like he does. I'm not even sure Jozy was the answer before he got hurt. It's painful to watch Gio get the ball, look around while being swarmed by the other teams defenders, and decide that it's still not worth it to pass to any of them, even if they are open. He realizes it's better that he try and go through them all himself, because that gives us the best chance to score, or create anything. Endoh and Babouli have potential, and may be something in the future, but right now they are so far below Giovinco, that it has to be so incredibly frustrating for him! None of our forwadrs can deliver a through ball on his runs, so I notice he has stopped even trying most of the time. When the situation is reversed, his teammates don't know when to run and look for the through ball he is ready to deliver.
    In a cap world its tough to have it all, but he needs help, and that has to happen soon(next transfer window is June?), because his patience with these guys will run out, and without his desire to win every game for us, we are just an average team at best.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    RE the late fans -- normal for Toronto, but the lineup for the security check at least at the NE gate was brutal. I found a way around and was early anyway. How were the other gates?

Agreed about Beitashour. Also wanted to mention: lots of bad passing by many of the TFC players, from Irwin all the way forward. Often the guys seem lackadaisical or lack concentration ever since they started playing at home again. What's the reason?
    The northeast in the worst gate to enter into when its getting closer to game time as its gets all the flow of people arriving on public transit and coming down from Liberty Village.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InSuL1nImP View Post
    Want to give a big shout out to Babouli and Johnson for their hustle tonight. Mo will break through in the next game or two I believe where we will only see 1 or 2 little mistakes a game. Really loving Endoh's creativity. On the other hand a big thumbs down to Moor tonight.
    What did Moor do wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is rotating the CBs but what about the FBs? Beitashour needs a to sit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is so typical tfc...win 2 lose 2 tie 1.its 500 club at best.GIO needs help,a 7 mil playing 50k players does not work,morrow and beilta have been brutal the last 2 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were a better team playing away from home. We've looked more than a little in-inspired in the last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    At home, Bradley has to play in a more offensive role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gio head for greener pastures in July if this keeps up. We are an average team with him and would be a basement dweller if he wasn't here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So I thought coming home now that the points would be guaranteed, instead they have already dropped 5 points in three games and with the possibility of Seba and Bradley gone for awhile this will start looking like your typical TFC season of the past seasons.
    This is Football, points are never guaranteed, just saying points should be easier at home, but never guaranteed, we sure missed Jozy doing his job as hold up man and creating space for our strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Giovinco desperately needs a quality, experienced player to play with up front. Someone who reads/see's the game like he does. I'm not even sure Jozy was the answer before he got hurt. It's painful to watch Gio get the ball, look around while being swarmed by the other teams defenders, and decide that it's still not worth it to pass to any of them, even if they are open. He realizes it's better that he try and go through them all himself, because that gives us the best chance to score, or create anything. Endoh and Babouli have potential, and may be something in the future, but right now they are so far below Giovinco, that it has to be so incredibly frustrating for him! None of our forwadrs can deliver a through ball on his runs, so I notice he has stopped even trying most of the time. When the situation is reversed, his teammates don't know when to run and look for the through ball he is ready to deliver.
    In a cap world its tough to have it all, but he needs help, and that has to happen soon(next transfer window is June?), because his patience with these guys will run out, and without his desire to win every game for us, we are just an average team at best.
    Jozy is out for 6-8 weeks

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    drop Altidore, sign Ibrahimovic ,MLS Cup is ours
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I wonder how much the lethargic crowd has to do with this. People are half assed about getting there in time and ...

For some reason the North East gate was really slow at getting people in. I've never seen a lineup that long before. I put that down to lots of casuals. 20 minutes in and you could still see hundreds of people trying to get through the security.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the consensus around me last night. I put that down to Johnson being recessed more while Chapman was timid...very timid. He had many forward looks but continually passed backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For some reason the North East gate was really slow at getting people in. I've never seen a lineup that long before. I put that down to lots of casuals. 20 minutes in and you could still see hundreds of people trying to get through the security.
    It was the worst I've ever seen it too. Security is notably more stringent this season IMO, that'll slow things down substantially and increase lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It looked like thousands were still trying to get through Gate 1 after the start of the match