Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    NYCFC smart to be pressing high and fast, because we don't have Altidore to act as an outlet when we need to clear up the field. Build up play is really tough right now between trying to work around the high press and having no long ball option.
    NYCFC is also sloppy with the ball esp the defenders and easy giveaways. Gotta take advantage of that to hit them on the counter
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great ball from Mo to set up the goal. Still need to keep pressing. The game will change when Villa and Pirlo come on. Need solid performance from D.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weve come back into this game well after another very poor start. Our defenders need to stop giving attackers so much space and close them down more tightly especially when they move into the box. That's two goals we've given up in the last two games from giving our opponents too much space, it just invites a shot. Having said that, we did tighten up noticeably in defence after giving up the goal. My biggest worry tonight is we look a bit toothless up front. Although he has come onto a decent game as the first half wore on Baboulli had a poor start. Endoh has a lot of energy, but we seem incapable of exploiting it. We might need Bradley to push further forward in Jozy's absence to provide something of a goal threat, albeit shooting from distance. Finally, that free kick at the end of the half aside, I think that's been Seba's worst 45 in a red jersey. He needs to try and make use of the players around him more rather than try to do it all himself

Excellent chance passed up by Johnson there at the beginning of the second half that could have given us the lead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TFC fan in me hopes Villa and Pirlo don't come into the game. The soccer fan in me does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just woke up.

How've we been playing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here comes trouble...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These blocked chances are killing me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I just woke up.

How've we been playing?
    Average. Not the same level on intensity as last Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Here comes trouble...
    yep, really had to have our insurance goals in place by now.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Giovinco gets called offside a lot. All we need is for him to get free once, but with Villa out there, we have to be careful. He's deadly.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

These guys are such thugs.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knew Babouli could pass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry... Chapman is not at this level yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor performance against NYC B team. We are not performing any better at BMO than we did on the 8 away games. Our defence has softened a little after looking solid initially. We are looking like a mid table team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. Much better in the second half but again, first half - what is going on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babouli, Bradley and Johnson did well, however overall a disappointing result against a team that looked disorganized and tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time maybe to open the Vanney thread again?

... I mean we aren't scoring when it counts. we went from being the strongest offensive side with the worse defense to being a good defensive side with a fairly meh offensive..

ya... ummm this is bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Sorry... Chapman is not at this level yet.
    Scary that he is going to play regularly for this club. One wonders why we had to release Gomez, as the rookies are not as strong as I inferred. Babouli, being the exception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great result to new york, the first goal by them was unfortunate, however, we came back, and we had sufficient chances to keep it going for the next goal around, but in all honesty a result is great and will do us good enough. I think that Vanney, is proving himself to be more than a proven coach here, and its enlightening to see him here, its obvious that his effort here is paying off, that he knows that he's doing, and that the team looks calm at what they are doing. I think, that it was interesting that Perquis did not play considering his last performance on the weekend, I think that the right side of the field, is playing well, that Bradley is retaining the ball well, and that we may have even been more than lucky to withstand David Villa's 75th substituation. I am glad that we are able to as a team, play well, and do well, and that, going forward we are picking up results espiecally early on in the season when things are rougher than ever, when the sun's not out, when there is no momentum yet, where we haven't been able to truly show one another off. I think going forward, we have to believe in the team we have, to believe in Giovinco, to believe in Michael Bradley, to believe in our wingers, and everyone that is battling on the pitch, we are doing more than fine, in a league where without DP's or coaches, there is little chance for us do to well. All i Can say is that compared to many european clubs and teams, we have alot of great fans and players coming to a place at BMO field on game day and we are doing well.

Sincerely,

Jacob Pawluk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two points dropped however you look at it. Playing at home against a division rival who fielded their reserves for 75 minutes, a draw really isnt good enough. Still we recovered well after going behind and managed to end up dominating the game without looking particularly dangerous. There were glimpses that perhaps Baboulli can fill the gap that Jozy leaves, and indeed a front three of Baboulli, Endoh and Seba might offer enough to see us through Altidore's absence, however we need to rethink our positioning because Seba on the left wing takes away our most potent goal threat. All in all another disappointing night, we need to try and get organized quickly and hopefully we can pick up all three points on the weekend. It might not be a must win game yet, but these supposedly 'bankable' home points are fast disappearing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why were Jackson and Moore released again? Coming into the season it was pointed out here repeatedly how bad the offensive depth was and how many frigging center backs were on the roster. This was not a good result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrated. So tired of not beating these jokers. Can't believe they're top of the East for the moment - I bet they miss the playoffs. They've lost so many home games already.

We didn't have the quality to break down 11 men behind the ball, it's that simple. No Altidore and no Delgado or Osorio in midfield hurts. This far down, our depth is not good.

The goal we allowed was awful. Just freaking step up and close the guy down, same mistake as last week. Do that and we win despite our struggles offensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, their keeper made at least 3 highlight reel stops. We should have won that game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacklustre performance in the 1st half although we completely dominated the 2nd half. Babouli looked impressive and this is exactly what we need, someone with pace, not a dead weight. Endoh also looked good but he disappeared far too often. Chapman is just not ready for this level.

I'll take the 1 point and move onto the next.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman was the weak link. Wants to play central and that caused the overlap that led to their goal. Viera was telling his guys to push wide that side just before. Passing way to slow. Missed the big man. Seba had an off day. Irwin too. He came out early after the half to practice his touch. You play youngsters, you get games like this. As for wanting Jackson or Moore back, no thanks. We had 3 chances that should have been buried. Team needs to be more clinical in front of goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    To be fair, their keeper made at least 3 highlight reel stops. We should have won that game.
    Yah he did make a few great saves and probably earned his team a point. As for Irwin, the goal looked a little too soft and should have stopped it from that tough angle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson no, but Moore would have been useful. Chapman definitely the weak link. Thought both he and Babouli were a little too slow at moving the ball.

Tough one to swallow considering their schedule and their starting 11. Now we will have to earn points when we necessarily shouldn't be expected.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    These guys are such thugs.
    I was calling them that everytime they went and fouled a Toronto player. Fuck NYCFC!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scary we had no subs to help us push for the win. Giovinco is great and all but I am getting tired of the only game plan being "get the ball to Giovinco". There was several opportunities to pass to players in better positions on the attack but nope....pass it to Giovinco with double coverage to see if he can get out of it. NY expected it every play and every play TFC did it. Our offense is predictable.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 05-18-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh is making some great runs, and the boy has pace to burn, but he's not being picked out. Too often players were looking to play to Séba and Séba alone, which wasn't much good as he played most of the game on the left wing. As I said before, I saw enough to be encouraged that a front three of Baboulli, Séba, and Endoh could work in the short term, but it's dependent on playing the correct early pass, and playing the players in the right position. For me that's Baboulli right, Endoh left, and Séba through the middle