Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the original proposal was for red shorts:

And if they were honouring the Blizzard, they might have not only got the shorts colour correct, but the length as well:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marketers are not interested in the culture and history that this team (and more importantly, its fans) has grown over the last ten years. If we do not express our distaste, we will be at the mercy of advertisers that want to absorb our team into their corporate identity and use TFC fans to endorse their products.

Don't be turned into whores, next year we could get an Argos/TFC scarf in the season seats box or find that half the stadium has blue seats. Fight dammit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have sworn one of our misplaced passes out the back in the first half was due to the fact that we were wearing white while Vancouver was wearing what looked like a blue to white gradient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    This is another marketing test with the fans as reactionary guinea pigs. If there is no serious objection, they will eventually change our colours either to make us sync with the Argos or to more clearly reflect the BMO brand. (probably both)

Every thing they do to denigrate the established brand is such a test.
    Sometimes I think this team's entire existence is a social experiment - and I don't like the results so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marketers are not interested in the culture and history that this team (and more importantly, its fans) has grown over the last ten years. If we do not express our distaste, we will be at the mercy of advertisers that want to absorb our team into their corporate identity and use TFC fans to endorse their products.

Don't be turned into whores, next year we could get an Argos/TFC scarf in the season seats box or find that half the stadium has blue seats. Fight dammit.
    Blue isn't our colour and supporters should speak up. With you on this one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just have them switch from the blue shorts to their red ones and they'll be fine. That's what the Blizzard wore during their NASL days, which is whom TFC is honoring.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the kits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have an issue with blue or any other colour as an away kit I'd just like to see our red kit at home. My $0.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither do j have an issue with the blue and am not superstitious or paranoid enough to believe that is the cause of our ills yesterday.

I do believe though that it as there most probably at the insistence of BMO itself, in order to reflect their colours. That will not be an issue next year ( I think it's next year isn't it?) when their shirt sponsorship expires.

With a bit of luck, the next sponsor will have colours that correspond with ours and all or at least some of the conspiracy theories will subside. Although the colours of our next sponsors will most definitely not be the deciding factor for who we choose, if indeed we have an option. Let's wait and see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Blizzard and Metros-Crotia.
    More Metros Croatia than Blizzard ...
    Thats a 1978 picture .. after Eusabio left and the 1976 Championship team.
    But that was there second kit .. blue shorts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    I thought the original proposal was for red shorts:

And if they were honouring the Blizzard, they might have not only got the shorts colour correct, but the length as well:

Blizzard haven't won anything ..

Honoring the Croats who actually won something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Just have them switch from the blue shorts to their red ones and they'll be fine. That's what the Blizzard wore during their NASL days, which is whom TFC is honoring.
    No, honoring Metros Croatia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its still better than our black kit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    No, honoring Metros Croatia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    And the blue shorts are where?

The kit last night was closer to Croatia then to Blizzard.
    Croatia has red numbers and names on the white jerseys.
    They also had a kit version of white socks with the blue short (just can't find a picture online)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    And the blue shorts are where?

The kit last night was closer to Croatia then to Blizzard.
    Croatia has red numbers and names on the white jerseys.
    They also had a kit version of white socks with the blue short (just can't find a picture online)
    My point is they can easily sooth the problem by switching over to the red shorts that they currently use. Just like the photo that I posted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solve the problem? What problem?

100 people (tops) on a message board think blue shorts is the reason why we are losing?

Keep being you conspiracy theorists. Dont ever ever change.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 05-15-2016 at 07:13 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    I thought the original proposal was for red shorts
    TFC stated in a previous article and an article reported in the Toronto Sun stated that blue shorts represent Blizzard and red shorts represent Metros-Croatia, just for clarification.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Solve the problem? What problem?

100 people (tops) on a message board think blue shorts is the reason why we are losing?

Keep being you conspiracy theorists. Dont ever ever change.
    how about this Mr. I have nothing to add but negativity towards fellow posters . The f%%king kit is ugly , Good enough .

You are tiring me .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    how about this Mr. I have nothing to add but negativity towards fellow posters . The f%%king kit is ugly , Good enough .

You are tiring me .
    Have a beer Jazzy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    *slow clap for truth*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The red shorts version will only be worn once this year during the anniversary tribute night game. It's blue the rest of the way.

This is directly from Manning.

I hate that blue. Two years ago or two from now it wouldn't be as big a deal. But with the argos coming this year it is bad optics at the least. That's my take.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    The red shorts version will only be worn once this year during the anniversary tribute night game. It's blue the rest of the way.

This is directly from Manning.

I hate that blue. Two years ago or two from now it wouldn't be as big a deal. But with the argos coming this year it is bad optics at the least. That's my take.

People who don't like this should take this up with Manning.

Something to this said by the Finding Toronto guys made sense to me

a) People coming to this team from non MLS soccer traditions (i.e. 99.999% of people) don't understand why we don't have a consistent home kit

b) The home red kit is an important part of the whole fortress mentality. Its part of the ethos of the relationship of the supporters to the team. I get that a lot of MLS teams ignore this for the sake of shirt sales but, really, if TFC is to cement its nighttime games as an event, everything helps.

I'm not against the blue, nor do I think its why we lost. And, frankly, I don't see the players caring, to be honest.

But, I am for a consistent home kit, for the sake of the experience and the effect it develops within the fans. As much as I loved the Onyx and I also really like that alternative shirt, we should keep that for the road games.

I would not expect a change this season.

But, like no friendlies, I think TFC can change this for next season.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-16-2016 at 06:14 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've said we don't like it. We've said we won't buy it. What are you proposing??
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    We've said we don't like it. We've said we won't buy it. What are you proposing??
    I do not speak for ExiledRed... but I propose that a squad of young people, gifted players of both genders, pose as ball kids on the sidelines and SHOULD TFC appear on their home pitch wearing blue shorts, the squads be sent onto the field to swarm the TFC players and remove their shorts. I suggest the squad size be 50 - so that would be five swarmers for every blue short. Then the swarmers would run off the field, with blue shorts held aloft and run towards the north stand/patio. They could melt into the crowd and move to the GO station. Leaving the shorts on the next GO Train...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I do not speak for ExiledRed... but I propose that a squad of young people, gifted players of both genders, pose as ball kids on the sidelines and SHOULD TFC appear on their home pitch wearing blue shorts, the squads be sent onto the field to swarm the TFC players and remove their shorts. I suggest the squad size be 50 - so that would be five swarmers for every blue short. Then the swarmers would run off the field, with blue shorts held aloft and run towards the north stand/patio. They could melt into the crowd and move to the GO station. Leaving the shorts on the next GO Train...
    It's the perfect crime - and I think you're the one to pull it (them) off!

SERIOUSLY though...

this is one of the most detailed ridiculous ideas I've ever seen here. Thank you.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reality is that most of the moves made by the MLSE marketing braintrust are not directed at those that are here game in, game out. the Suppporters. In reality the supporers from 111 thru 119 are the vocal minority which there is nothing wrong with as we know and understand our passion. But at the end of the day there is significant number of people who are coming for an entertaining night out and those who are who being targeted with cheap pre-game beer in the north end, Budweiser events up on the 200 level etc. When it comes to the White Jersey's with a hint of Blue there are only being worn at home for 4 of 17 home games.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shucks, detailed AND ridiculous.....I have never been so accurately captured and so deeply humbled.

I did not even get to the stage where the shorts end up in Lost and Found and are adopted by the Raptors to wear in Cleveland...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my favourite MLS tributes LOL to their cities team in the NASL. I am sure Drew Moor enjoys the "White" Reds Jersey compared to when he had to wear these. ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this an MLS thing across all teams? Im really struggling to get why a team at home wouldn't wear their home strip. The colours of the club, the stadium and the fans is red and when at home this the colour I believe should be worn at all time. Did the team lose because they didn't wear red? no. I accept money has to be made, and replica jerseys offer a good source of income but if Id paid over $100 for my kids to wear red, and the team trotted out in white Id feel a little let down, and they'd probably ask why id bought the wrong kit.

The mind is a very powerful tool, you need to create an atmosphere at BMO Field that is 'all for one' this seems bizarre that we are 'all for one' then the players are the odd ones out. The fact that this thread is here, and its up for discussion would suggest the same conversations where happening at the stadium on saturday night, this at a time when the focus of everyone should have just been on securing three points.

Ive got no problem with the white/blue, personally Im not from a Toronto background, I just think its a nice kit, and a decent alternate. Im a new fan to Toronto this season, and when I switched the game on the other night we looked like visitors in our own home, and to me this just didn't feel right.

The kits in the online store are advertised as 'Home' and 'Alternate' and for me, when at Home, we should play in the Home shirt.