Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where to buy older gear? Looking for a specific hat, but also curious in general.

First of all, sorry if this isn't the right section for my question. I'm a new SSH this year, and loving the whole match experience. Saturday was brilliant. I want to get some gear, and I recently got a 2014 onyx jersey (I really love the colour). I saw this photo in an online article talking about the home opener and I really like the hat the guy is wearing. Trouble is, I can only find the red hat with grey brim this year, not the inverse. Is this an older style? Does anyone know if it's available anywhere? I've tried ebay, kijiji, Real Sports, Sport Chek, and SVP Sports. I'm going to head up to LIDS at the Eaton Centre at lunch today, but thought I'd ask here as well.

If not, oh well. I'm sure something new will come along that I will also like. Thank you in advance for your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st of all where did you get that picture?

2nd the guy got his hat at lids i believe... ill msg him and find out.

EDIT: it was either the lids in the Eaton Centre or the Hat shop in the Eaton Centre
    Last edited by Pint; 05-10-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much! I'll head up there shortly. I got it from here http://www.wakingthered.com/2016/5/8...ctures#6469405 , which I found in the TFC subreddit. It's picture 37, I believe. Great photo of your friend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as a disclaimer... just cause that's where he got it doesn't mean that still have it.

Would check lids online first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You called it. Lids had zero TFC stuff at all, and Sport Chek at the mall had a total of maybe 5 hats, in either all white or all red. It's all Blue Jays and Raptors. Maybe later in the season I'll find it.

Going there was okay though, I like to get out of the office at lunch anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are ever in the Pickering area you can always drop by the National Sports warehouse...they have older TFC stuff in there most of the time but the selection varies and they have no website that you can check so it's one of those things where you drop in and if you are lucky you find stuff you want but sometimes you don't. One side of the store has the marked down stuff from previous years and it is pretty big so you have to search a bit but you can find great deals sometimes. Other side of the store is their current retail stuff which has regular prices most of the time but a few sales here and there but not many sales I find on the fan wear side where new TFC stuff is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I forgot about National Sports! I'm out in Ajax on Saturday, but don't think I have time to get there. Maybe after work one day. Wish transit was better, it's just over an hour from downtown to get there. Could be worse, I suppose. Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about them!

edit, I see you are in Ajax, and are thus familiar with Go and Durham region transit, and how they mesh.
    Last edited by harry_watson; 05-10-2016 at 02:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this it? It's also an additional 30% off when in your shopping cart. $27 shipped.

https://www.lids.ca/toronto-fc-adida...k-cap/20677377

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harry_watson View Post
    Oh, I forgot about National Sports! I'm out in Ajax on Saturday, but don't think I have time to get there. Maybe after work one day. Wish transit was better, it's just over an hour from downtown to get there. Could be worse, I suppose. Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about them!

edit, I see you are in Ajax, and are thus familiar with Go and Durham region transit, and how they mesh.
    I have no idea actually about Durham Transit because I have never used it. I grew up in Scarborough with the TTC and by the time I bought a house out in Ajax I was driving my car so I have never had to take Durham Transit. I do take the GO here and there and I see the Durham Transit buses pulling into the stations regularly so I know it does connect but that is about it. If I get a chance in the next week or two I will drop in to National and have a look at what they have right now for TFC gear and I will let you know if the hat is there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Is this it? It's also an additional 30% off when in your shopping cart. $27 shipped.

https://www.lids.ca/toronto-fc-adida...k-cap/20677377
    I'm getting an error right now on their website, but I'll try that again in a few! Thanks for the heads up - that sale flash page didn't show up for me yesterday. Hopefully this is it!

Edit: got it working. Very close to the one I'm looking for, but reversed colours. I'd like a grey hat with a red brim. Thanks so much for trying!
    Last edited by harry_watson; 05-11-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    If I get a chance in the next week or two I will drop in to National and have a look at what they have right now for TFC gear and I will let you know if the hat is there.
    You're awesome, thanks so much! Definitely spot you a timmies or a beer if you are able to grab the grey one with red brim.

And ah. I grew up in Durham and back then it was a bit challenging to go places without a car. Mind you, sometimes the far reaching places of Toronto are more than an hour away by TTC, so I can't really whinge about it too much. I really appreciate your offer to go and look, that's really nice of you. Cheers!