Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Montreal Away, June 8

So I just booked flights to head east from Calgary and check out a TFC game in enemy territory. Will there be a decent amount of you guys making the trip? How can I get my hands on tickets in the away supporters section? If things fall into place, I should be FINALLY heading out to see a home game in Toronto as well in late August. This season excites the crap out of me in so many ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    So I just booked flights to head east from Calgary and check out a TFC game in enemy territory. Will there be a decent amount of you guys making the trip? How can I get my hands on tickets in the away supporters section? If things fall into place, I should be FINALLY heading out to see a home game in Toronto as well in late August. This season excites the crap out of me in so many ways.

what date are you looking at...we play Montreal away in June, mid week game, its a Canada Championship game (1st round) and then we play away in Montreal late October at the end of the season on a Sunday night. Its hard to say if many will be going to either game as mid week games can be tough to attend for many (tho we have had about 200-300 fans attend mid week Montreal game before) but we did have a couple hundred go to Montreal just 2 weeks ago, but the fact it was so recent many might not attend this away game in June. It not being a League game, and mid week, 1st round game, and the fact that Montreal has been making security issues tougher for Toronto FC fans to attend I wouldn't count on to many attending the next Montreal game, but I could be wrong, sometimes TFC fans manage to travel everywhere!. The late October game in Montreal could really depend on the standings and playoff race. If Toronto is already in a playoff spot many TFC fans might wait to buy tickets for a away playoff game, however if it comes down to the Montreal game being a deciding factor if Toronto FC are in the playoffs or not then a lot of fans might attend.

Thats my take on the issue anyway.
    Last edited by james; 05-08-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be for that Canadian Championship game. Would my best bet be just to contact the impact and ask about travelling supporter tickets and they'll hook us up in the proper section so we'll be by any other TFC fans?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be for that Canadian Championship game. Would my best bet be just to contact the impact and ask about travelling supporter tickets and they'll hook us up in the proper section so we'll be by any other TFC fans?
    Absolutely. Call the impact and ask for away seats and they should connect you to jeremie the rep we deal with.

Mid week game means less traveling but I aim to. These matches are my favourite of the year.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its always a great trip, one I would highly recommend. Having done it a dozen or so times, from pre-game at McLeans to the subway ride out to Saputo and a great time in the stands. I will not be able to make the trek in June as I will be away in the US, but already have that final road game of the season in October circuled on the calendar.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump, any one firmed up plans to make this trip? Or will I be alone in 112?

I sent Jeremie the spreadsheet quite a while ago, but haven't been asked for payment yet. Is that normal?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump, any one firmed up plans to make this trip? Or will I be alone in 112?

I sent Jeremie the spreadsheet quite a while ago, but haven't been asked for payment yet. Is that normal?
    It's a new process this year so nothing is normal or very dependable but its all we got. Hang in there.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the call today. I'm pretty excited, as getting to see TFC play live is a rare event for me. Hell, I've still never seen them score a goal live. If we get on the board, I'll consider the trip a success.

That said, seeing them advance would be incredible, with a goal scored or not. I hope Wednesday's result gives us a good shot at it.