Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Very well could have been the way it went down... I rewatched the game yesterday and came away confused as to why Beit went down considering he had bradley very close to him in the direction they seamed to be funneling Mannah, just stay up and don't let him cut back and that gets dealt with pretty easily.
    I think Beit was just being overly enthusiastic. He wanted to show what he could do to his former team and as a result overcommitted! He and Perquis had switched positions which is standard fare but when Beit dove in like that, something I don't think anybody expected, Perquis was in no position to recover particularly against a speedster like Manneh! The man is fast and there's no way that Perquis (or most of the CB's in MLS) are going to be able to keep up with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ The second goal was completely on Beit what he did was completely on him, it caught everyone by surprise. The first one was completely on Perquis, he should get an assist on the first goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to look further back in addition to just looking at guys getting skinned by the last move. MLS goals rarely are the result of a single mistake. On goals 3 and 4 the midfield needs to kill the play before a defender is in a 1v1 situation. Nobody was on a yellow, so hardly any excuse not to just commit a foul.

If you see one clear pass to Manneh close to the box where he has space to run into the ball we've already failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    So what if people complain? That's part of sports, especially when you sport a historically losing team. The fact remains that we're getting Will Bruin levels of output from a guy on 30x the money. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for speaking out on that, nor should we brush it aside as scapegoating. To be fair our three attacking mids in Osorio, Delgado and Endoh have been below par for the league, but that's just part of having a salary cap is all about. Altidore is getting criticism for the opportunity loss, much like Kentari last year as we were leaking goals all over the place and he was the $350k albatross.
    Agreed. It's not scapegoating, it's just reality.

Nobody said he was the only problem on the weekend. The efforts to wax poetic on his production this year based on holdup/defensive play you could get from many lesser paid players is silly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ...The efforts to wax poetic on his production this year based on holdup/defensive play you could get from many lesser paid players is silly.
    And yet every single pundit, journo (apart from Torterra), player and coach did talk about that.

Look I get that people don't like him and yes he needs to score and nobody is happy at how often he is injured BUT.....his hold up play and work rate was universally admired by anybody beyond twitter and people on message boards. Sorry, but I kinda trust the pundits a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have rarely seen the kind of play we are getting from Altidore from forwards in this league. So my feeling is that people do not really get how well he has been playing, and how much he has been contributing.

Admiting that he will have to start scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And yet every single pundit, journo (apart from Torterra), player and coach did talk about that.

Look I get that people don't like him and yes he needs to score and nobody is happy at how often he is injured BUT.....his hold up play and work rate was universally admired by anybody beyond twitter and people on message boards. Sorry, but I kinda trust the pundits a bit more.
    An appeal to authority regarding MLS pundits? Now I've seen everything

Like I said, Will Bruin levels of output - including hold up play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An appeal to authority regarding MLS pundits? Now I've seen everything

Like I said, Will Bruin levels of output - including hold up play.

Uh....the appeal to authority is only a fallacy if the authority isn't real.

What I responded to was somebody saying thinking Jozy was playing well was "silly".

Yes, I should trust somebody on the internet over Vanney, Bradley, Doyle, Twellman, Molinaro......

people on here and twitter need to get over themselves.

We are not as smart as we think we are.

Banter happens. That's why we are here. But there comes a time when people need to seriously look at the breadth of expertise raised for an opinion and at least admit that the opinion has validity.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-17-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So any updates on Osorio?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh....the appeal to authority is only a fallacy if the authority isn't real.

What I responded to was somebody saying thinking Jozy was playing well was "silly".

Yes, I should trust somebody on the internet over Vanney, Bradley, Doyle, Twellman, Molinaro......

people on here and twitter need to get over themselves.

We are not as smart as we think we are.Banter happens. That's why we are here. But there comes a time when people need to seriously look at the breadth of expertise raised for an opinion and at least admit that the opinion has validity.
    That authority isn't real. Okay yeah there's some smart heads out there but when I hear "MLS pundits" I think of some of the quality colour commentary I hear on MLS broadcasts or Alexi Lalas and his ilk. Yeah he's a former player, but he's also a fucking moron with a soapbox. At least with twitter and message boards you can go in reflexively skeptical; Lalas is as bad as any random internet blogger. Doyle is an overrated US homer as well, but not as bad as the former.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That authority isn't real. .
    If you believe that then we have nothing to discuss.

You know more then Michael Bradley.

You know more then Doyle.

You know more then Molinaro.

Good to know.

Disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you're putting words in my mouth.

You're right, this conversation is over.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I take pundits with many grains of salt it's different to hear the testimony from players and coaches.

Most times I avoid it all and just watch the games.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    So any updates on Osorio?

Doesn't sound too serious, thankfully.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Doesn't sound too serious, thankfully.
    May be on the bench, with Chapman and Lovitz playing in the 11 (still may not actually see the pitch though. Rest for Saturday)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/efw/t...l-Robinson.mp3

Interview with Robbo. Talks about Caps tactics vs TFC among other things. Interesting if you're a tactics geek
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano