Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    But he did - Endoh was playing wide for most of the last part of the second half after starting centrally.

I feel bad for Jozy. I think that PK is going to be the signpost for him this year. You could see in his body language after the miss that he's now completely lost confidence in his striking ability. That was the hangdog posture of a beaten man. In fact he almost looked like he was suffering from depression.
    Kind of late, though, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I feel for Altidore. The guy has shown some real effort this season.
    He deserves more out of this season.
    This!!! I understand why some people blame him for his performance tonight, it was poor. But he's way more effective this season than before, and I mean DP effective. He's a streaky forward, he'll eventually score a bunch of goals. Lets not make him our scapegoat, those days are over.

If you want him out, then who would be the replacement? Lets not break down the team because of 1 poor performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    This!!! I understand why some people blame him for his performance tonight, it was poor. But he's way more effective this season than before, and I mean DP effective. He's a streaky forward, he'll eventually score a bunch of goals. Lets not make him our scapegoat, those days are over.

If you want him out, then who would be the replacement? Lets not break down the team because of 1 poor performance.
    He was absolutely worth his salary the last few games but now once again injured then US duty we wont see him for 2 months or more. Get a DP that will feature in most games. Thats should be the goal in a cap league that doesn't respect FIFA dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Altidore isn't just a "DP" he's a super charged huge salary DP. Other teams are paying their DPs 800k, Altidore is on 5x that, he should be producing Keane/Gionvinco/Villa performance, he does for maybe 5 games a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the game on PVR. Crazy crazy match. How is Osario - looked like a break on TV? Aird behaving back to his hunnish Ranger's style.

That was Perquis' worst game I've seen. It was clear that something wasn't right there from the first goal and he had a hand in 1-2 of the others. He should have been subbed by half.

The number of passes from the back that went straight to Whitecaps players was shocking. Bradley is as bad as anyone on this front.

As much as I want Alti to succeed - that was a disastrous performance. The man has no confidence and has glass hamstrings. His lack of goalscoring means that we have no depth up front.

Gio is a one man team & that is going to become a problem if we don't get anything from anywhere else. While we won last week the performance was underwhelming - this was a big step backwards tonight. BMO isn't close to being a fortress...we've played better on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Altidore, but I said at the start of the season he needs to be breaking at least 27 or so starts to be worth it. You simply can't afford to have your DP players injured or missing too much time, they're too important in this league, they're difference makers and when they're out teams are a shadow of themselves.

I think it's unfortunate but it might be time to move on from Altidore. He gets called up to the U.S. team all the time and his hamstring is, let's be honest, barely functional at this point. He improved his fitness and it didny help. He plays a critical role on the team and he simply needs to be available more often. It sucks to see players have their careers derailed to a degree by injuries but it is what it is at this point. An okay DP that plays often I can deal with, but an okay DP that plays sometimes is tough. Might be time to cut our losses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are stuck with him...nobody will touch him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said last year they should have signed gignac instead. Now gignac is tearing up the Mexican league on a lower wage and called up to the French squad for the euros. 5 million should get you much better than altidore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the game was good, In all honesty, it was the best, and funnest , Toronto FC match I have ever been too, we had alot of chances, alot of good chances, and we had possession and played well, we needed to shoot the ball more in my opinion, but even that is not right, because Michael Bradley shot the ball quite a bit and there were more than alot of opportunity, the biggest downfall to today's game was probably the fact that there wasn't more time added. They should have not called time off during the time off. In my opinion the reffing was bias, but hat's off to Vancouver, a win is a win and in my opinion we should respect the international cross border rivalry more than anything.

Jacob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    He was absolutely worth his salary the last few games but now once again injured then US duty we wont see him for 2 months or more. Get a DP that will feature in most games. Thats should be the goal in a cap league that doesn't respect FIFA dates.
    That's a good point, but many DP calibre players in their prime will represent their country unless its an unknown. We could maybe go for Federico Higuains or Pedro Morales, but then how would they sell tickets and make international headlines? The only logical replacement I could think of at the moment would be Nico Gaitan from Benfica. There might be a few more out there, but nonetheless it's hard to find a logical replacement. We should give Jozy until the end of the season before throwing him under the bus.
    Last edited by khso11; 05-15-2016 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We score 3 but give up 4 bad goals, and most of the talk is about our CF, and his performance versus his pay. Only on this Board.

Anyway I am not worried, we got pressed we mad mistakes, me must learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    we are stuck with him...nobody will touch him.
    indeed...i find it entertaining that people actually think there would be interest in a terribly overrated forward that makes close to 5 million a year....he a shit player....our best hope would be that he retires early. Hopefully this injury ends his joke of a career.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    indeed...i find it entertaining that people actually think there would be interest in a terribly overrated forward that makes close to 5 million a year....he a shit player....our best hope would be that he retires early. Hopefully this injury ends his joke of a career.

That is one sicko piece of shit opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no place here for someone wishing a player to have a career ending injury. As frustrating as his performance was yesterday that is out of order.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the condensed game

First Van goal - Perquis pass was a yard to Osorio's left as he was running straight at Perquis but Osorio reacted poorly. Not good on either of them.

Second goal - Bradley got outjumped for a clearance out and all our midfield was in front of him. After that, it was just pure speed and rebound straight to their guy.

Not as bad a penalty take by Altidore as I thought but eminently savable. Didn't look injured in his run up but you could see the recognition of his injury slowly creep into him. Didn't look as bad as the time in NER last season but we'll see. Doubt he goes to Copa. & Kofi is one hot headed dude for what he was doing there during the run up to the penalty.

Seba's first goal is GOTW and likely will be in among the Goal of the Year brackets.

Ousted's save on the Seba free kick was him anticipating - he actually didn't have to do much once he took that step to the right.

Aird was just stupid to do those two fouls. Pointless, foolish, reckless. Although Beitashour had a poor game yesterday, I'm still happier with him then Aird.

That second goal was a mirror of their first goal and vintage Bradley. Anybody who claims he's not worth his salary really...well....I got no words.

3rd goal was just poor by both Perquis who let him walk inside of him in front of the box and Beitashour for biting on a move then diving in recovery.

4th goal was a bad pass by Johnson. Irwin should have had that though.

Babouli misses were...dispiriting. You could see that after that they put him slightly recessed so he wasn't as near the goal.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-15-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my first game in ages after having a baby. Who came out to the game and loved it. New TFC supporter for life!

Disappointing losing to Vancouver. Especially that way. Vancouver hasn't been able to score this year and they pried us apart at will. Backline couldn't deal with their pace.

Hope Jozy gets an MRI for his ego. Gio should have taken that penalty. Down 2-0 isn't a time for a sympathy choice to get someone some confidence back. And it backfired and he's in a worse head space then before.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the game on MLS Live very late last night, after returning from a party we organized (and after avoiding all news and social media so I wouldn't know what happened). Did anyone else watch it on MLS Live? There was a huge problem with the sound on MLS Live throughout the whole game. The crowd noise was louder than the commentary. You could only understand little snippets. Perhaps better to avoid some annoying commentary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

Hope Jozy gets an MRI for his ego. Gio should have taken that penalty. Down 2-0 isn't a time for a sympathy choice to get someone some confidence back. And it backfired and he's in a worse head space then before.

FWIW, Vanney said afterwards Seba decides who takes penalties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW, Vanney said afterwards Seba decides who takes penalties.
    It looked that way on the pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting looking around the MLS site and people thought it was a fun game to watch played at a high level. Didn't feel that way in the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting looking around the MLS site and people thought it was a fun game to watch played at a high level. Didn't feel that way in the stadium.
    Felt frantic to me. Kinda out of control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few reasons why I agree with Vanney that tonight, while frustrating for TFC fans, was a blip...

1) Toronto's back four won't be THAT bad again this season.
    2) Vancouver, or anyone, won't be that clinical in front of goal again this season.
    3) Other than Manneh twisting up a pair of defenders on the third, I just don't think Vancouver did much to earn those goals. Toronto FC gave them away.

In the end, soccer is a game of mistakes. If you make that many, you lose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Here we are in May and Giovinco is still on every single goal scored this year. This guy is truly a BEAST and in a league of his own. If Seba leaves for Italy, this team is screwed.

Perquis put on a stink show the entire game and as for altidore, i want thiis worthless piece of crap gone asap.
    Wasn't that perfect pass to Giovinco, which resulted in a goal, made by Perquis? Perquis made one glaring mistake, but was the best defender all game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    It's a shame. Altidore was playing so well this season. And if we're honest, last night's penalty was another example of that. People talk about Giovinco being involved in every goal, well...

1) Altidore sets up equalizer at New England.
    2) Altidore sets up winner at D.C.
    3) Altidore draws game-winning PK at Montreal.
    4) Altidore draws penalty vs. Vancouver.
    5) In my opinion, Altidore should have been awarded a penalty in Portland.

I can't understand why people don't think he's been a massive part of TFC's offence this season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Wasn't that perfect pass to Giovinco, which resulted in a goal, made by Perquis? Perquis made one glaring mistake, but was the best defender all game
    He was a bit soft on Manneh's third goal, too. Beitashour looks bad on it, but Perquis was there and didn't offer much when Manneh originally cut inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    A few reasons why I agree with Vanney that tonight, while frustrating for TFC fans, was a blip...

1) Toronto's back four won't be THAT bad again this season.
    2) Vancouver, or anyone, won't be that clinical in front of goal again this season.
    3) Other than Manneh twisting up a pair of defenders on the third, I just don't think Vancouver did much to earn those goals. Toronto FC gave them away.

In the end, soccer is a game of mistakes. If you make that many, you lose.
    the prob is this club has no depth up front,and if GIO is gone for a month who will score,thats why they have bank these points on this home stand.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case everybody wan't feeling depressed enough about last night, here's a reminder:

TFC selected Kyle Bekker 3rd overall in the 2013 draft.

Vancouver selected Manneh 4th overall in the same draft. I know that Manneh has been pretty inconsistent -- but man oh man...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the prob is this club has no depth up front,and if GIO is gone for a month who will score,thats why they have bank these points on this home stand.
    Everyone is aware of that. But there's simply not much that can be done. I don't think TFC is going to go out and get a rent-a-player for a month only to be saddled with a salary they won't use later in the season. *See Moore/Gomez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    In case everybody wan't feeling depressed enough about last night, here's a reminder:

TFC selected Kyle Bekker 3rd overall in the 2013 draft.

Vancouver selected Manneh 4th overall in the same draft. I know that Manneh has been pretty inconsistent -- but man oh man...
    I made this point last night. It was a disastrous draft for Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll just leave this right here...

Toronto FC started with 1st and 3rd overall selections ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_MLS_SuperDraft