Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Season Ticket Renewal Experience

I’ve been holding back on sharing my experience with TFC over the past couple of weeks because I wanted to give them the time to make the situation right. Now that it’s over I thought I should give them credit for doing their best to make the situation right.

Back in October I emailed my ticket rep to ask for an extension on making my first payment for my season tickets because I had a lot of bills and money was a little tight. My rep said it was fine and we would make the payment in later in November. I started contacting my rep in November to try and make the payment. After a lot of no replies, following up and phone tag we made the payment and arranged to have two payments taken in January and then continue as normal from there. I assumed that those payments would happen so I didn’t really look to ensure they did. Bad assumption on my behalf.

Come ticket package delivery time, I didn’t get my package. I logged into my account manager and saw an outstanding invoice for one of my two pairs. I have a pair in 220 row 1 that I’ve had from day 1. My kids have grown up in those seats. I knew something was up. I emailed my rep multiple times and called a few times over the course of a week. When she finally got back to me after 4 days I was assured everything was fine and I just needed to make the final payment. The next day she called to tell me that they had sold my pair in 220 by accident. They released tickets that didn’t have a 20% deposit (which I did have) for new sales. I was gutted.

I was emailed with a weak apology and as a consolation I was offered tickets in 210 that were almost 3X as expensive as mine were with no discount. I was pissed and upset. I demanded that my rep call me which she didn’t so I called and demanded to speak to her. I explained how much those seats meant to me and my family and she said she would see what she could do to get them back. An hour or so later she called me back and said all she could do was get the same seats but in 219 (a worse view) with a $100 BMO Field credit and a signed ball. A took the offer as I needed seats but I was extremely upset.

I decided to send an email to Bill Manning. I figured nothing would happen but it was worth a shot. The email explained what I did above and how disappointed I was in the experience. Bill responded and promised he would investigate what happened and see what he could do to resolve it.

This morning I got a call from a ticket rep apologizing that my rep is not there today but they had a resolution for me. They promised to work with me and the person who has the seats to get the seats back next year but in the mean time I wouldn’t have to pay for the pair of 219 seats for this season. I was shocked! I really didn’t expect anything like that. Although it isn’t exactly what I had hoped for it is a very generous gesture.

I would like to thank Mr. Manning and crew for owning the mess up and doing what they could to make it right. I know we are quick to criticize MLSE but I have to give them the credit they deserve when they do the right thing.

I just wanted to share this as I’ve had it bottled up for a few weeks and it got me pretty depressed about the season but now that its over I can look forward to tomorrow and not have it dampen this soon to be historic season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool beans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear the club did the right thing!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You showed great restraint to wait and see how the club responded before writing.

I'm not sure how many others here would have done the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post

This morning I got a call from a ticket rep apologizing that my rep is not there today but they had a resolution for me. They promised to work with me and the person who has the seats to get the seats back next year but in the mean time I wouldn’t have to pay for the pair of 219 seats for this season. I was shocked! I really didn’t expect anything like that. Although it isn’t exactly what I had hoped for it is a very generous gesture.

I would like to thank Mr. Manning and crew for owning the mess up and doing what they could to make it right. I know we are quick to criticize MLSE but I have to give them the credit they deserve when they do the right thing.

Hot damn!

Now I bet everyone is wishing they had had their tickets screwed up too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Hot damn!

Now I bet everyone is wishing they had had their tickets screwed up too.
    I would have rather had my previous seats back but it is a very nice gesture.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I ended up in your 113 seats for the second half (my seat was overrun) - I don't think I put your face with your board name until Joe started telling me your story (which I had read already).
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    So I ended up in your 113 seats for the second half (my seat was overrun) - I don't think I put your face with your board name until Joe started telling me your story (which I had read already).
    We ended up in a box for the second half. Nothing to do with this though. Cool experience but much prefer 113. Glad they were helpful to you