Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Go Train Platform Construction

Does anyone know where the construction on the platforms stands? Are they still in "temporary" mode, or have they completed construction and back to normal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was still under construction as of last sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Was still under construction as of last sunday.
    Thank you kind sir!

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much better signage this year, but it does not look like it will be completed by season's end. Like Pint says, same situation as last year.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't mind the construction since I know where i'm going, i kinda find it funny to see a bunch of people running for the train when it stops 200m from where they are standing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the other exit in the tunnel is open for people who are only going to the train and not into Liberty Village.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Looks like the other exit in the tunnel is open for people who are only going to the train and not into Liberty Village.
    No..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like it's been going on forever. In the Winter it's a pain in the dick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhibtion has been under construction for so long now, the GO stations still looks the same to me as last year, I didn't even notice what had changed, what are they even building? renovating? the streetcar is also under construction...anyone know when the streetcars are dated to return to Exhibtion stop? and what are they renovating?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Exhibtion has been under construction for so long now, the GO stations still looks the same to me as last year, I didn't even notice what had changed, what are they even building? renovating? the streetcar is also under construction...anyone know when the streetcars are dated to return to Exhibtion stop? and what are they renovating?
    They are rebuilding the platforms. As part of this (and I'm not sure they realised the full situation until after they started), they've had to replace the retaining wall between the GO platform and the streetcar loop. This required a long shut-down of the streetcar tracks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that although they'd originally planned to only get the streetcars restored for the Ex, that they are now planning for the end of June.

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories...s/509_Loop.jsp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    They are rebuilding the platforms. As part of this (and I'm not sure they realised the full situation until after they started), they've had to replace the retaining wall between the GO platform and the streetcar loop. This required a long shut-down of the streetcar tracks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that although they'd originally planned to only get the streetcars restored for the Ex, that they are now planning for the end of June.

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories...s/509_Loop.jsp
    thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    No..
    When heading north through the tunnel, wasn't the exit on the right side blocked off last year, so everyone had to go one way to the left? Looked open to me. Though in fairness I usually go along dufferin so its not my regular route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    yes that's right. Exit on left takes those that are going to libery village, exit on right is for train. Exit on right wasn't there last season, and that's what caused problems as people went up the stairs on the left and stood in that area waiting on train. When is stopped people in that area could not board train, hence we had all those people then making last dash to board via the first few carriages further down the track. The simple addition of that train exit on right has helped big time.