Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scoreline flattered Dallas. Other than the one hiccup defensively when Irwin stoned Castillo on the breakaway, we dominated the match at both ends of the pitch.

The stadium has an entirely different feel to it now. The atmosphere was electric. Love the fact that there will be more night games as well this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah, that's a tricky one on Johnson ... yellow looked right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game.

As for Giovinco 'getting frustrated with the level of MLS', I honestly don't think that's a thing. Teams are simply double and triple teaming him now, and closing him down much quicker to contain him. Has nothing to do with MLS players specifically.

He might have to adjust his game to play through it.
    on at least two occasions Endoh was wide open in the box, and Gio chose to shoot. He needs to use that pass because if we score off that space teams won't be able to triple team Gio any more. Hope Vanney sees that and has him pass, the instructions clearly are to shoot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    it was so loud in the stadium you couldn't hear the supporters end sing.

Hmm...I could hear them. A few chants were taken up by the East side and we could actually see and hear that in the West.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    on at least two occasions Endoh was wide open in the box, and Gio chose to shoot. He needs to use that pass because if we score off that space teams won't be able to triple team Gio any more. Hope Vanney sees that and has him pass, the instructions clearly are to shoot.
    Well, he said in his post-game interview that he was 'stupid not to score' ... but maybe he also meant he wasn't happy with his overall play and could have made some different decisions.

But I mean, given how many assists he racks up along with his goals anyway, it's really hard to fault him those few times he shoots when he should pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Love the fact that there will be more night games as well this season.
    Me too – means I can actually watch them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stencils View Post
    Was at the top of 114 and could see that there was something going on down with the Inebriatti guys and the cops. Not sure if the two cans of beer they threw were what triggered the ejection or if it was a reaction to the ejection, but they were gone very soon after that. Rumours of confrontations with cops after the ejection as well, but that could just be people squawking.
    there was apparently some pushing back against security at gate 3B and some of them were trying to pick up those metal fences for some reason. Not sure how bad it was.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was interesting too see Vanney shift formation mid-game from a 4-3-3 with Bradley going forward back to the diamond. It was exactly the right thing to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why were johnson and bradley chewing out Endoh after he had scored?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Johnson had no play on the ball, he just drilled the guy. I was shocked it wasn't straight red.
    On TV it looked very much like he had a chance at the ball and the keeper just beat him to it. I was actually somewhat surprised at the yellow, never mind a red. I'll have to watch it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got Endoh
    Tsubasa Endoh
    And I just don't think you understand...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with the win, BUT:

The finishing has been dreadful these past 2 games only scoring 2 goals. How many times did Seba set up
    players with tap ins, only to see them miss the entire f'n net?

I have lost patience with jozy. He just doesn't fit on the team and is wasting a valueable spot. He has to go.

Had Dallas scored on the corner kick in the last minutes of game, this game would have ended a draw, which
    is not acceptable considering TFC dominated the entire game.

Overall, good performance, and looked like an electric atmosphere with the new roof.

On to the next one..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Happy with the win, BUT:

The finishing has been dreadful these past 2 games only scoring 2 goals. How many times did Seba set up

I have lost patience with jozy. He just doesn't fit on the team and is wasting a valueable spot. He has to go.

Had Dallas scored on the corner kick in the last minutes of game, this game would have ended a draw, which

Overall, good performance, and looked like an electric atmosphere with the new roof.

On to the next one..
    disagree on Jozy. He was massive. Probably his best game this year.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Happy with the win, BUT:

On to the next one..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    disagree on Jozy. He was massive. Probably his best game this year.
    I'm with Ivy on this one. Jozy did everything else really well except score.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy played his best game.

He was a pure target man that game. His poisitioning, flick ons and backtracking were all excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's a tricky one on Johnson ... yellow looked right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game.

As for Giovinco 'getting frustrated with the level of MLS', I honestly don't think that's a thing. Teams are simply double and triple teaming him now, and closing him down much quicker to contain him. Has nothing to do with MLS players specifically.

He might have to adjust his game to play through it.
    When Delgado missed him open on a cross by 30ft he sure was mad with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is if Jozy is creating chances for others even when he misses there are rebounds created by him at times, then he is more than useful for TFC and is a much needed presence on the field that the team would miss without him out there, we can't just judge him on how many goals he scores, I think he will eventually score a few, however, he is serving a purpse right now even without scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a night! TFC should have won by few more goals, but overall I was impress with them.

Crowd was great! Roof does make a difference and I personally couldn't hear south end at times because east stand was that loud.

Also, what's up with cop arresting a fan in east stand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis, Irwin, Johnson, Bradley and Giovinco are all playing at an All Star level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour has also been very good from Day 1 and doesn't seem to get enough credit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis and Moor last night were fun to watch. Perquis got beat by Castillo on their one chance but his recovery on through balls was top notch.

Altidore played really well - top notch target man when the ball is played to feet but he contested every header (something he didn't do last season). Only issue I have is when played out on the side, he's not all that good at crossing the ball.

Endoh is really really good in transition and in findng spaces. If he keeps that up, defences are going to have to adjust for him, which will create space for Altidore and Giovinco.

Most impressive player was Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado is not starting material. We need a replacement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    When Delgado missed him open on a cross by 30ft he sure was mad with him.
    Well, there was at least one time when Gio mis-hit it pretty badly too (I think it was a corner), so I'm hope he's not criticizing others too seriously.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore was a beast all night and what a keeper , Irwin is marvellous ......Two best on the night . Gio sure wanted to score seems to really be pressuring himself . Teams Have definite game plans now centred around him .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson had no play on the ball, he just drilled the guy. I was shocked it wasn't straight red.
    the ball was in the air (mishandled), when Johnson went all out approx 10' at the keeper , so it's in play , but he really didn't try to avoid him at all unfortunately , also do to the keeper having one come out I m sure he'll be disciplined . If the keeper stays in I'm not so sure . All in I'm glad he's on our team .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Delgado is not starting material. We need a replacement
    Agreed. His cross to Seba at the end of the first half was shocking. I could have put in a better cross.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    the ball was in the air (mishandled), when Johnson went all out approx 10' at the keeper , so it's in play , but he really didn't try to avoid him at all unfortunately , also do to the keeper having one come out I m sure he'll be disciplined . If the keeper stays in I'm not so sure . All in I'm glad he's on our team .
    Agree. Dichio had a mean streak too, and picked up some very hard fouls along the way.

It comes with the territory, with certain players.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beitashour has also been very good from Day 1 and doesn't seem to get enough credit.

Great point , he broke up many plays, he's regained his edge and is very quick . He's now overshadowing Morrow .

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree. Dichio had a mean streak too, and picked up some very hard fouls along the way.

It comes with the territory, with certain players.
    Agreed. I love how hard he goes into every play. Him and Bradley make a pretty impressive pair for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he said in his post-game interview that he was 'stupid not to score' ... but maybe he also meant he wasn't happy with his overall play and could have made some different decisions.

But I mean, given how many assists he racks up along with his goals anyway, it's really hard to fault him those few times he shoots when he should pass.
    I don't think any player of that quality needs the coaches instruction to shoot, they simply do it by instinct. Not his best efforts on goal today, but whatever. I'd still rather him be inclined to shoot unless there are extremely obvious opportunities for others to score.

I think Johnson is lucky. It was a bang-bang play with the keeper throwing himself behind that one. However, they tend to protect the guys in net these days (for good reasons). If it was Irwin and that happened I'd be pissed.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-08-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game all around, going to be as awesome year!
    I would love to see the same lineup with Osorio taking Delgado's spot. I really like Delgado but he needs more development to be a true starter.