Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these announcers are pissing me off... don't jinx it boys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wooohooo!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I didn't know the USL played in Sparta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'll do me. A good nights work from the Reds

Some really good performances throughout the side... Beitashour, Perquis, Bradley, and Endoh being the standouts for me. Jozy worked his socks off and deserved a goal for his efforts. Irwin (apart from one spill) was solid as a rock. If theres a criticism, maybe we were a little slack defensively in midfield, surrendering possession too much in front of the back four. That needs to be tightened up. However the back line was resolute once again and aside from one or two half chances that fell Dallas' way, they really didn't look like scoring.

As I said at half time, our front three tonight look like they integrate well and id like to see them get an extended run together. They could be worth a barrowload of goals for us once they gel (If we can convince Seba to pass the ball that is)

Only downer tonight was the poutine eaters grabbing a late equalizer to deny us top spot in the East. However if we keep playing like we have been, it will only be a matter of time

COYR!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I think we have our answer in terms of whether the roof can trap sound. That's by far the loudest our stadium has ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Man, great sound in there! I am bitter I'm missing this one, but dad duty takes precedence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I havent been to a game now in about 4 years.
    Watching this, get's me wanting to get back to BMO this year.
    Team playing well, and crowd is really loud.
    In stadium the atmosphere was electric. I have no voice and I can imagine a lot of others are probably in the same boat. I'd post a video but I have no idea how to from my phone

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of Oh Canada....sorry, only way I know to post a video.

https://twitter.com/Eastend1/status/...538855936?s=09

Now, if we can only get the songs and chants to sound like this.

Dom

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I think Endoh serves us better wide with his mix of skills and our team's needs.
    Proven wrong. And........... happy for it.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by DOMIN8R

I think Endoh serves us better wide with his mix of skills and our team's needs.
    I was delighted for the wee man he got a goal tonight. Hopefully it will give him the confidence to kick on from here. I like the way both him a Séba constantly interchange between wide and central positions. It gives us a fluidity that can be hard to defend.

He also puts in a power of work defensively which can sometimes go unnoticed.

My only wish is that Séba would pass to him more often instead of constantly seeking out Jozy, but I suppose that will come with time as trust is built

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Guys. The renovations look awesome, The crowd was as loud as it was way back in 2007, 2008, Bradley tonite was my unsung hero. and Endoh was terrific along with Osorio and Irwin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So few posts in this thread, I'll assume because everyone is out celebrating this fine Saturday night and TFC win. Haven't seen a second of the game yet but happy with the 3 points. Sounds like Altidore did pretty much everything but score from what I read.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feel at the stadium has changed. Some for the better and some, perhaps, not for the better. It feels like a large sports venue now.

The pitch lights and sound system.....wow.
    The wall of honour......gone?
    The wall, where STHs purchased the right to place their names on a plaque in year 2, on the North side......gone?
    The fans.....wow. You were the 12th man - for most of the game.
    The fan sound/noise.....were/was great.
    Many seemed to be ejected and/or arrested. Hopefully, for nothing serious.
    That march merge, before the game on Liberty Street, was scary impressive.
    Many new faces at BMO. Perhaps, new converts, after tonight.
    Soooo many chances....so few conversions (as of late). Again, we should have scored more.
    Bradley and Johnson are key to this team!
    A few cheap giveaways. But overall - still impressed.
    Congrats to the officials, for not being the main topic of this game.

On to the Whitecaps. Robo - out of respect, I won't slag your team. Yet.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I guess his 7 assists last year were a figment of my imagination then.

you realize assists and through balls aren't the same thing right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=DOMIN8R;1793922]The feel at the stadium has changed. Some for the better and some, perhaps, not for the better. It feels like a large sports venue now.

The wall, where STHs purchased the right to place their names on a plaque in year 2, on the North side......gone?

didn't notice that..

unbelievable...

what was that all about???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They ejected the Inebriatti who had been banned for this game (that was whey the hole in behind the south goal). Might affect their ban going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I think we have our answer in terms of whether the roof can trap sound. That's by far the loudest our stadium has ever been.
    it was so loud in the stadium you couldn't hear the supporters end sing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I guess I'm the only one that didn't think the roof did anything to make us louder. Maybe they mic'd it really well on TV?

Shame about 114. Supporters section takes a big hit when Inebriatti isn't around (playoff game in Montreal).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    it was so loud in the stadium you couldn't hear the supporters end sing.
    Yea, we've had better days for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They ejected the Inebriatti who had been banned for this game (that was whey the hole in behind the south goal). Might affect their ban going forward.
    I don't think they were banned for this game. IIRC they weren't allowed to use any materials like flags, banners, capo stand, but they weren't collectively banned. I could be wrong but that's what I remember reading when the punishments were handed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feel at the stadium has changed. Some for the better and some, perhaps, not for the better. It feels like a large sports venue now.

Soooo many chances....so few conversions (as of late). Again, we should have scored more.

On the Wall of Honour... They're working on establishing a new place at the stadium to honour former players and achievements. Look for it later this year. Think it will be much better than the Wall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    On the Wall of Honour... They're working on establishing a new place at the stadium to honour former players and achievements. Look for it later this year. Think it will be much better than the Wall.
    Yeah, my assumption was just that they were in the process of relocating that stuff.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lennon View Post
    yea, we've had better days for sure.
    from my seat in 109, i have never heard the songs/chants as loud as this night and that includes from 2007.

Des

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good summary.

Stadium experience:
    -The place is electric when it's full. Be interesting to compare that to when it's not.
    -The beer garden is totally back - better than ever, even closer to the action. Very happy about that.
    -All is trivia compared to the question of how the grass survives the Argos, so it's premature to really have a view.

Game:
    -We had long stretches of dominant possession. Several 20+ touch moves. I'm beginning to change my view of Vanney.
    -Can't decide what to think about Altidore. He was a serious factor as a target man holding the ball up ... but he has to score more often than he does.
    -I thought Giovinco looked frustrated - I wonder if the caliber of MLS is getting to him.
    -Agree that Bradley and Johnson were both especially terrific.
    -Johnson could be in trouble with the league, I expect supplementary discipline on that play late where he clobbered the Dallas GK.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-08-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see a replay of that. Didn't look like anything more than a normal collision gone bad from where I was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'd love to see a replay of that. Didn't look like anything more than a normal collision gone bad from where I was.
    Johnson had no play on the ball, he just drilled the guy. I was shocked it wasn't straight red.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Johnson had no play on the ball, he just drilled the guy. I was shocked it wasn't straight red.
    the ball was bouncing in front of the keeper no more than a second before Johnson hit him. It was pretty reckless but I get why it wasn't called as a red. If the keeper doesn't have total control of the ball than it's fair game to go after it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I don't think they were banned for this game. IIRC they weren't allowed to use any materials like flags, banners, capo stand, but they weren't collectively banned. I could be wrong but that's what I remember reading when the punishments were handed out.
    Was at the top of 114 and could see that there was something going on down with the Inebriatti guys and the cops. Not sure if the two cans of beer they threw were what triggered the ejection or if it was a reaction to the ejection, but they were gone very soon after that. Rumours of confrontations with cops after the ejection as well, but that could just be people squawking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's a tricky one on Johnson ... yellow looked right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game.

As for Giovinco 'getting frustrated with the level of MLS', I honestly don't think that's a thing. Teams are simply double and triple teaming him now, and closing him down much quicker to contain him. Has nothing to do with MLS players specifically.

He might have to adjust his game to play through it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really curious to see what the deal is with the season ticket holders wall, my family is definitely on there and has been a point of pride for us over teh last decade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If finishing had been a little more clinical on both sides, this game would have finished something like 4-1 for us. Endoh had a golden ball a few minutes into the game, that he flubbed. Seba had that cheeky little chip shot that just missed.

The crowd was just electric, and it was so loud. Perfect night of soccer.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From 220 the canopy makes the sound travel much better. You can actually hear the echo coming back down, I am sure once more fans (especially casuals) learn the chants, we will see a stadium unison chant going.

The national anthem was one of the loudest I've heard at BMO. Just watched the PVR of the game, kind of disappointed TSN didn't show it.
    Last edited by khso11; 05-08-2016 at 03:25 AM.