Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Great game all around, going to be as awesome year!
    I would love to see the same lineup with Osorio taking Delgado's spot. I really like Delgado but he needs more development to be a true starter.
    Delgado is a better two-way player than Osorio, reads the game better. Oso is a great playground-style player; he can set up goals and hold onto the ball which is valuable. But he can't play defence or read defensive play for shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Delgado is a better two-way player than Osorio, reads the game better. Oso is a great playground-style player; he can set up goals and hold onto the ball which is valuable. But he can't play defence or read defensive play for shit.
    That may be true but I don't think Delgado is the answer there yet either. He always seemed to be the weak link in play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    That may be true but I don't think Delgado is the answer there yet either. He always seemed to be the weak link in play.
    His part of the reason why we're the best defensive team in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They ejected the Inebriatti who had been banned for this game (that was whey the hole in behind the south goal). Might affect their ban going forward.
    Security kicked Capo out. Reason: He was stepping on the rails, rallying the group!
    Group left with him. Nothing happened before that ridiculous incident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    That may be true, but he's a two way player. I think he'll get better but he's still a little unrefined going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I totally agree... We only an upgrade on offense (maybe), I really respect Jozy's efforts but we need someone that can score. Seba would have 4-5 assists under his belt if we had a better finisher.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Oso is able to start, he starts in the top of the diamond and Endoh on the right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DiemPerdidi View Post
    I totally agree... We only an upgrade on offense (maybe), I really respect Jozy's efforts but we need someone that can score. Seba would have 4-5 assists under his belt if we had a better finisher.
    Their is definitely some chemistry missing going forward right now but that should come together as the season progresses. I'd personally rather see us win 1-0 than 4-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If Oso is able to start, he starts in the top of the diamond and Endoh on the right.

But then that goal from last night, and all the verticality and dynamism Endoh brings to that position that opens up space for Altidore and Seba to run the channels is gone. The team gets way more narrow and less dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    why were johnson and bradley chewing out Endoh after he had scored?
    Looked to me like they were critiquing his celebration, but who knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly the problem. Nobody else can finish besides Seba. If you even look at the Goals For this season, TFC is at the bottom of the list, with only Chicago being worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only watched the condensed game but that definitely looked like Endoh's best performance of the season and the first game where it really looked like he could make stuff happen offensively. Maybe he's better centrally instead of out wide.

I think eventually I'd like to see Endoh at the top of the diamond with Osorio on the left, Bradley middle and Johnson right. Our back line and the presence of Bradley and Johnson in the midfield is good enough that I don't think anyone should be that concerned about losing Delgado's defensive work in order to fit Osorio in. Given how much of a complete performance this game was though I would be pretty surprised if there were any changes at all to the starting lineup for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security kicked Capo out. Reason: He was stepping on the rails, rallying the group!
    This was the weekend of their supporting ban though. There's no question that security has it in for them (overheard them chatting), so should be no surprise they'd be quick to act on a transgression.

Group left with him. Nothing happened before that ridiculous incident.
    So when did they rip out a dozen seats in rows 1 to 5 of 114?

Walking out is fine. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned - but I don't think supporters groups should be trashing our own stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got told to sit down in 127, despite the signs being up saying it was a supporters section and standing was allowed. Eventually led to "sit down or get kicked out". A seat got removed in that section as well, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    This was the weekend of their supporting ban though. There's no question that security has it in for them (overheard them chatting), so should be no surprise they'd be quick to act on a transgression.

Walking out is fine. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned - but I don't think supporters groups should be trashing our own stadium.
    and I also don't understand why someone from that section (or anyone) would throw a can of beer towards OUR goalkeeper!! Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borga View Post
    We got told to sit down in 127, despite the signs being up saying it was a supporters section and standing was allowed. Eventually led to "sit down or get kicked out". A seat got removed in that section as well, unfortunately.
    I recall being up in 132 the first year it was there, in a torrential downpour on a Wednesday night CONCACAF game. Because it was so utterly wet and empty, I stood up, as that way my jacket kept me mostly dry. And I carefully walked to a spot there was no one for several rows behind me to bother. That didn't stop the security drone.

After we argued for a while, he asked me to go outside to speak to their head of security about my concern that it didn't matter that day if I stood. I know how that ends ... so I made him a deal, that if I sat down, the head of security would come to me. My jeans were quickly drenched sitting down, but a senior security person came out, sat next to me, and we talked (and he got soaked too). And he agreed with me, that given the situation and the empty stands, that standing was perfectly fine, and that he'd talk to his people about being more pragmatic.

The best thing to do is go over their head. There's so many new people at this time of the year. And the truth is we know a lot more than many of the newbies there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't actually a security drone telling us to sit - there were a couple there as backup, but it was a guy in a grey shirt, seemed like he was more senior than the yellowjackets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    Yeah thought something similar to that. So weird, why the fuck would they care about that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    Instructions from the bench came in while a Dallas guy was being taken care of injured. They talked to Moor first and then it went up and out from there. I think they wanted Endoh higher to link better and for the FB's to get up more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Well, I don't know about "a dozen". I saw 3, maybe 4 seats broken even before the game while guys were jumping up and down chanting... The purpose was not breaking them I mean. But if anybody intentionally rip out some chairs, tha's something else and I didn't see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth

why were johnson and bradley chewing out Endoh after he had scored?
    I thought they were telling him he should have left it for Jozy... Hope I'm wrong, but that's what it looked like to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I have been watching this closely and I see the exact opposite. Delgado reacts late, often does not track his runner until too late, and fouls from behind as a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't think any player of that quality needs the coaches instruction to shoot, they simply do it by instinct. Not his best efforts on goal today, but whatever. I'd still rather him be inclined to shoot unless there are extremely obvious opportunities for others to score.

I think Johnson is lucky. It was a bang-bang play with the keeper throwing himself behind that one. However, they tend to protect the guys in net these days (for good reasons). If it was Irwin and that happened I'd be pissed.
    gio needs to find the pass more right now. Ifwe start scoring off the pass they won't be able to double and triple team him. Endoh was wide open in the 18, twice, and Gio chose to shoot. Really wide open, like ten yards of space. Also, Gios shooting was off. But he still had an awesome game, it was fantastic to watch.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 05-09-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    But then that goal from last night, and all the verticality and dynamism Endoh brings to that position that opens up space for Altidore and Seba to run the channels is gone. The team gets way more narrow and less dangerous.
    Endoh had a very good game going forward and I agree creates dynamism. But I strongly disagree about Oso, he creates in this position too - Montreal, for example - and plays better with Seba, creates more for him. I still like Endoh better in a wide position. Although he was much improved this game over last game in this position, good to see the improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC striker Jozy Altidore left the locker room disgruntled on Saturday, as he should have http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/09...erything-right

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Toronto FC striker Jozy Altidore left the locker room disgruntled on Saturday, as he should have http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/09...erything-right
    Good article.
    Altidore was one of the hardest working players out there on Saturday and deserves respect.

Also, our goals against stats this season are bonkers, especially considering our history of leaking goals. It would be great if Irwin got an All-Star spot. Heck, if this keeps up all season, I'd say Vanney could be up for coach of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Good article.
    Altidore was one of the hardest working players out there on Saturday and deserves respect.

Also, our goals against stats this season are bonkers, especially considering our history of leaking goals. It would be great if Irwin got an All-Star spot. Heck, if this keeps up all season, I'd say Vanney could be up for coach of the year.
    As outlined in the article, Jozy has been largely responsible (or at least played a massive role in) helping TFC collect at least half of its points this season. Only disappointment was that missed chance in Portland, which would have given TFC a second-half lead.

As I wrote, the analytics on Altidore Saturday confirmed what many people saw. He was the most involved player on the pitch.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/09...erything-right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling something "Inappropriate and ill-timed" is rather ironic for someone who set of a massive shit storm last week about the stadium.

Jozy has been very good for us so far and hopefully the goals start to fall soon. Watched the game last night after a weekend away and it really should have been a 3 or 4 goal victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Calling something "Inappropriate and ill-timed" is rather ironic for someone who set of a massive shit storm last week about the stadium.

Jozy has been very good for us so far and hopefully the goals start to fall soon. Watched the game last night after a weekend away and it really should have been a 3 or 4 goal victory.
    An honest opinion about the stadium is different. Asking Jozy to justify his salary post-game in front of cameras was ridiculous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Jozy is a beast, and just watch Kurt, come Copa time Jozy as usual for the USMNT will find the back of the net more than a few times. All will be good.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!