Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only speak for myself and my experience, but a lot of people I speak to from my community (South Asian) treat Toronto FC as a 3rd rate product. They'll be very amped for the Man Utd game on TV at 7 am, but it does not translate over to TFC. I think a good first step would be to target those people and the simplest way is by winning. We have more than enough football fans in this city to make Toronto FC very popular and it starts by getting those Premier league viewers.

Having said that, I enjoy the camaraderie of being TFC fan with you fine folks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    certainly not my opinion, but just what I've heard others give as reason for the potential to not match the actual interest in TFC......the team tried too hard in the initial stages to appeal an English/PL type fan through players, management, etc. and it turned off many at first.....once they're turned off at the start its even harder to get them interested later......now, of course perception does not always equal reality, but its something I've heard way more than once as a reason to not be interested....
    Bingo. Why sell the EPL to a market that already watches the EPL? If I want EPL I know where it is. If I want a team that reflects the diversity of my city and seems like a party, I also know where it is...Jurassic Park. But it should also be BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    I can only speak for myself and my experience, but a lot of people I speak to from my community (South Asian) treat Toronto FC as a 3rd rate product. They'll be very amped for the Man Utd game on TV at 7 am, but it does not translate over to TFC. I think a good first step would be to target those people and the simplest way is by winning. We have more than enough football fans in this city to make Toronto FC very popular and it starts by getting those Premier league viewers.

Having said that, I enjoy the camaraderie of being TFC fan with you fine folks!
    i think the multicultural/new canadians and EPL snobs are a lost cause, those guys will never be MLS fans, they need to focus on the kids/community soccer and hope they grow into fans

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robotfighter View Post
    Bingo. Why sell the EPL to a market that already watches the EPL? If I want EPL I know where it is. If I want a team that reflects the diversity of my city and seems like a party, I also know where it is...Jurassic Park. But it should also be BMO.
    That's funny you comparing a stadium and a square outside a stadium. Wouldn't it be BMO to ACC? Jus sayin'
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also add...forget the "MLS isn't EPL or La Liga" stuff. It doesn't matter that TFC isn't Barca. The Raptors aren't the Lakers. People show up to watch Usain Bolt race but not Justin Gatlin or Asafa Powell even though to the human eye there is no difference in a .20 second sprint. Usain Bolt wins and is marketed properly. We gotta win and market properly. Raid the Raptors office (pay em double!) because those guys and girls know how to turn a city on to a team. What is the difference between an MLS and EPL game? If you don't have a rooting interest...NOTHING. Negligible. If your city suddenly represents and speaks to you (Raptors) then you stop "just watching the last two minutes" and start following them (1.5 million viewers or whatever).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That's funny you comparing a stadium and a square outside a stadium. Wouldn't it be BMO to ACC? Jus sayin'
    Sorry soldier...was using "Jurassic Park" as a metaphor for the pandemonium inside the ACC and out. i.e. "Excitement" as in the title.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Raid the Raptors office (pay em double!) because those guys and girls know how to turn a city on to a team. ....
    You havn't heard the complaints about the ingame ops people it seems.

Anyhoo,

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry soldier...was using "Jurassic Park" as a metaphor for the pandemonium inside the ACC and out. i.e. "Excitement" as in the title.
    Sorry, I wasn't speaking metaphorically. Jurassic Park is as much to be seen as to see. There's plenty of talking points in your comparisons. I look forward to discussing it more.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-06-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well to be fair, from '07-'09, BMO Field was the best "party" in town......unfortunately many were there just for the party, and once the product started to suck, they went away.....though some seem to be coming back now for the actual product, which is a good sign.....

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Anyhoo,
    I'd say Uncle Norm is just trying to make up for leaving TFC out of his tweet last weekend about it "being a great day for sports in the city with the Jays, Raptors, and Marlies playing" (paraphrasing)......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Anyhoo,
    Good find. It's heartwarming to see Norm Kelly of all people showing some love to TFC and glad John Tory will be watching the game. If we can convert some of these die-hard Argo supporters to TFC sympathizers it's a real positive. Glad to see them evolving with the times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya whatever Norm Kelly sends out a tweet last weekend that included all Toronto teams and even the Marlies but no TFC and now he tweets this, whatever Norm your tweet from last weekend told me everything there is to know about your interest in TFC give me a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Ya whatever Norm Kelly sends out a tweet last weekend that included all Toronto teams and even the Marlies but no TFC and now he tweets this, whatever Norm your tweet from last weekend told me everything there is to know about your interest in TFC give me a break.
    Fuck Norm Kelly. I follow Toronto politics and he's one of the worst councillors on council.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Fuck Norm Kelly. I follow Toronto politics and he's one of the worst councillors on council.
    Norm is amazing, reps the city and kept city hall together, epsecially during the Rob Forde mess, having done a lot that dealt with the city, I will have no issue. But man John Is amazing too.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Norm is amazing, reps the city and kept city hall together, epsecially during the Rob Forde mess, having done a lot that dealt with the city, I will have no issue. But man John Is amazing too.

Norm is def not amazing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Norm is far from amazing.

Norm voted against Multicultural programs, Norm wanted to cut transit while he was TTC commissioner. He doesn't believe in Climate change, now he's acting like he cares about black youth.

Fuck Norm Kelly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooooooooo....

8 pager in the Star today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm actually very disappointed in the lack of hype in this city around the TFC home opener.

I wish I had just one relative or friend that has the same un-healthy obsession with TFC that I have. Just last night I had a conversation with my brother-in-law (who is a total hockey junky) about my daughter's new boyfriend and about how she will slowly turn him into a soccer fan. My brother-in-laws response was "I guess if he doesn't mind being bored". This was right after I had a whole conversation with him about how much I was looking forward to Saturdays game.

Thankfully I have this forum to come to.
    Funny enough, I find nothing more boring than hockey on TV. Sloppy game. Difficult to follow puck at times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norm pays someone to do a good job with his Twitter account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Amen to that. Dislike the guy intensely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, lets keep politics off the forum. This is not why we are here.