Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'm gonna take it you didn't pay too close attention to the rapid meltdown Chelsea had this year then.
    I didnt pay attention to the causes this season, true, what happened? Is he losing motivation in the coaching dept. The man has done it all, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I didnt pay attention to the causes this season, true, what happened? Is he losing motivation in the coaching dept. The man has done it all, really.
    What happened is that his schtick lasts 3 seasons and then it blows up in his face and the locker rooms turn on him. Happens over and over. He is never going to be a long term manager at any club. For a country maybe because he has less contact with players on a daily basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I believe he is on the books till the end of the season or until he signs with a new team. Whichever comes first.
    So Bez in his infinite wisdom figured he could dump the salary for the season but ended up still on the hook for everything, paying a striker to not play while leaving the team bare boned in attack and up against the cap. Work of a genius, truly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    So Bez in his infinite wisdom figured he could dump the salary for the season but ended up still on the hook for everything, paying a striker to not play while leaving the team bare boned in attack and up against the cap. Work of a genius, truly.
    We have one buyout a season. Truly a work of this genius would have used it on him surely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no he was too busy buying out his other mid season mistake.
    Last edited by reggie; 07-11-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    We have one buyout a season. Truly a work of this genius would have used it on him surely.
    Not sure I follow.

Was that sarcasm since we used the buyout on a worthless panic buy Kantari? My beef with is the move is that there was a use for Moore. His release just seemed like a desperate attempt for cap relief that worked out terribly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the release gave us a little flexibility as well as roster room. The rules are not clear anywhere but I bet it has something to do with the difference between cap hit and guaranteed salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our cap situation regarding Moore is unknown. On the last players union salary release, he is listed among the salaries, but not among TFC salaries. We could be paying him but it's not counting on our cap, or it is, or only a portion is counting. We don't know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantari was a mid season mistake, the worst one Bez has done. Moore is on Nelsen. That having been said, did anybody expect Moore not to find a contract in England somewhere? At the time everybody was saying it was practically a cinch he'd get one. The issue with Moore is if he had found a place to take him, we probably would have kept Gomez.

Regardless, Moore neither fit the team mentality nor is he needed with both Hamilton's surprising renaissance and Baboulli being around. I'd rate both better then him right now.

This all gets into spec history territory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kantari was a mid season mistake, the worst one Bez has done. Moore is on Nelsen. That having been said, did anybody expect Moore not to find a contract in England somewhere? At the time everybody was saying it was practically a cinch he'd get one. The issue with Moore is if he had found a place to take him, we probably would have kept Gomez.

Regardless, Moore neither fit the team mentality nor is he needed with both Hamilton's surprising renaissance and Baboulli being around. I'd rate both better then him right now.

You say "Moore is on Nelsen" as if it's a bad thing let's not forget we basically picked him up for nothing (Gale Agboussamonde) and on a sub 150k salary. He linked up extremely well with Defoe and produced decent numbers in addition to that. In fact I find it sort of difficult to think of a player he didn't mesh well with style wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Our cap situation regarding Moore is unknown. On the last players union salary release, he is listed among the salaries, but not among TFC salaries. We could be paying him but it's not counting on our cap, or it is, or only a portion is counting. We don't know.
    You have to remember that Moore's contract was with MLS not TFC. Just because he was waived by TFC doesn't mean his actual contract with MLS is done or that MLS has to stop paying him. He shows up in the salary release due to him still having a contract so still being part of the players union.

He had a guaranteed contract so according to the rule book, he still accounts against TFCs budget.

Guaranteed Players waived anytime, and who clear waivers (i.e. not picked up by another club), will continue to have their Salary Budget Charge count against the Club Salary Budget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should have kept either Moore or Gomez. Getting rid of both was even more odd than acquiring Gomez when we had Moore. Moore was a decent sub and linked up very well with Seba.

We are forTunate that Hamilton has done far better than expected, making the loss of Moore only a worry in the cap department.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit.

I'm glad for this Moore love-in after the fact but I'm trying not to be reminded of how much negativity was spoke about his production and playing style while he was here.

That vocal element had something in common with management thinking Moore wasn't the value they wanted and so when the Gomez comeback presented itself and we were USMT central it's no mystery.

That's not to say it was a good reason, just that it was no mystery.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantari was a mid season mistake, the worst one Bez has done.

i read somewhere that Kantari was a Lieweke pressure buy, dunno if its true but could see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paging Jason Kreis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the type of game that gets you fired, like it ticks all the boxes.

Injuries are the only saving grace, but still.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-16-2016 at 11:39 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

officially on the fire Vanney bus. I can't remember one good scoring chance created while 2 man up.

I gave Vanney a lot of slack before, but this just can't happen, no matter Bono's gaff.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embarassing.

And Vanney is not getting fired over that game.

Yes, the clock starts to tick again.

But he's not getting fired because Bono was stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a lot more wrong than a Bono gaff.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Paging Jason Kreis
    Pretty much.

A lot of coaches have the occasional bad game, but wow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embarassing.

And Vanney is not getting fired over that game.

Yes, the clock starts to tick again.

But he's not getting fired because Bono was stupid.
    he should get the sack because he can't motivate his players to play with any heart while 2 man up. i saw zero game prep for this game. nobody had a frigging clue what to do while a man up.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You fire Vanney you also sack Bez, that's the dilemma, you are essentially doing a major reset.

Thread needs a title change though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#yourfired

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You fire Vanney you also sack Bez, that's the dilemma, you are essentially doing a major reset.

fuck it. press the reset button now.

hire a semi competent guy and ride out the home games to 6th spot and see what happens

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say do it. Just not sure when.

Can't see this team going much further than it did last year. Too many flaws not addressed properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bez is a league boy; if he doesn't fire Vanney though, he might get canned. They're not going to stand for missing the playoffs with the money they've spent. We need a shot in the arm right quick, and it has to be someone who whips teams into shape, someone with experience. Because the lack of preparation evident tonight was pretty damning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your going to reset you better bring in the guy you want now, not at the end of the season.

I'm sure Manning's got a rolodex of guys he could call.

The coach we want isn't going to want Bez as GM though, you have to demote him and its the only way he sticks around.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-16-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think Bez is a league boy; if he doesn't fire Vanney though, he might get canned. They're not going to stand for missing the playoffs with the money they've spent. We need a shot in the arm right quick, and it has to be someone who whips teams into shape, someone with experience. Because the lack of preparation evident tonight was pretty damning.
    My $0.02 is I don't want a temporary booster, I want a clean switch to our coach of the future. Robin Faser as interim is the obvious band-aid solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not Bez fault that the coach is shit. Fire vanney, Bez stays.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a lot more wrong than a Bono gaff.
    Yes, there was a lot wrong. As others have said, the offence has largely died off.

And, I tell you what is likely going to happen:

In the cold light of the day, the result will be seen as an aberration.

• 3rd game in 7 days
    • 2nd road game in 75 hours
    • injuries
    • Western away game
    • Rookie goalie mistake
    • We are 6-7-6

-
    That's how management thinks and will see it.

BUT, I can also tell you that this will push Bez into buying some offence Hopefully he gets an AM cause Chapman, Endoh, Delgado and Osorio just are not good enough. My fear is he goes for width with speed or another striker.

But Vanney is not going to be fired over that one game.

Oh, and a friendly reminder that we all saw how he changed things up in Columbus and people liked what he did there.

They better win on Saturday, and better have some goal scoring.