Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Unhappy Kreis is off to Orlando. That does only leave Arena and Sigi. Arena wants to live on the West coast, so we are left with Sigi, who AFAIK is not available. We are stuck with Vanney, and we now should be looking at Bez a d whether he can deliver.
    Mike Petke?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Mike Petke?
    I really wanted him in the off season but now I don't know. Maybe in the off season again because I think he would cause a big stir initially and unsettle the roster. We'd probably tank most of the second half. Also he must have been a right dick to work himself out of the league after all he accomplished in so short a time with NYRB. I know the fight with upper management but there must be even more to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I really wanted him in the off season but now I don't know. Maybe in the off season again because I think he would cause a big stir initially and unsettle the roster. We'd probably tank most of the second half. Also he must have been a right dick to work himself out of the league after all he accomplished in so short a time with NYRB. I know the fight with upper management but there must be even more to it.
    The word in New York was that he was stubborn and refused to adapt to more modern tactics and approaches; he basically wanted to play old school, MLS 1.0 dump-and-chase. Once they lost Henry, they knew that wouldn't be enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The word in New York was that he was stubborn and refused to adapt to more modern tactics and approaches; he basically wanted to play old school, MLS 1.0 dump-and-chase. Once they lost Henry, they knew that wouldn't be enough.
    Really? That's can't be it...
    they won a supporters shield the year he got fired, who cares how he did it??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Really? That's can't be it...
    they won a supporters shield the year he got fired, who cares how he did it??
    I've posted this before but here is Curtis
    “The role of the traditional coach is not just changing—it’s changed,” Curtis said. “You no longer have a traditional coach who can focus primarily on the first team and only has to understand how to organize a training session and the Xs and Os. If that’s the route you’re taking three or four years from now, you’re going to be left behind. This club needed a head coach who not only could understand the direction the club needed to take, [but] be involved in all those areas, from youth development to performance and data analysis to communication—processing the style of play that we wanted to play. We needed a head coach that just wasn’t just involved and integrated, but that had that in his DNA.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Mike Petke?
    Part of why I liked Kreis is that I think he would come into our team and make tweaks to the roster. I mean Vanney in a lot of ways mirrors what Kreis tried at RSL, so it only made sense.

Bringing anyone in who doesn't share a similar philosophy to Vanney right now is imploding our season.