Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have to say, this morning, for the first time in a long time, I am thinking hard about Vanney. This CCL result is impossible to ignore.
    EDIT: I hate saying this btw. Guadalajara was only 9 months ago.
    I'd have to go over 2017... I think we could have done better... and I made that clear then, I don't think the defensive faults occurred though.

The issues we see now are the same one that started in February on 2018 in Colorado and were on full display in the second leg. The team just isn't on the pitch in the first few minutes of the game. Colorado had they had been competent could have knocked us out of the CCL last year. In the first few minutes of the first half the defence was in shambles.

Last year something changed. I don't know if it was a situation that previously Vanney listened to others and to the players and managed almost by democracy and then once he got his award he started "being a coach" and actually deciding things for himself. But the issue we saw this(last) year started after the Cup in 2017. We won the Cup, He won Coach of the Year. We started to suck. It's almost as if the team stopped playing together and just started doing what they were told. All the creativity and urgency left.

If I'm not mistaken at one point he wanted to play a 4-4-2 with two wing backs basically a (2-6-2). It was not good so he moved back to the 5-3-2 (3-5-2). Which is why we didn't really have enough players at the beginning of the year. He figured he'd only new two CBs on the Pitch. I don't really have any other explanation. Not to mention the disrespect to Raheem Edwards.

The CCL lost was not good and the team just feel apart, like nothing else mattered. We say that in 2017 when games that didn't feel like they mattered were shocking. (Montreal at the end of the year for example) It was like the entire MLS season didn't matter.

I don't know what this year will look like, last year we saw way too many injuries to be coincidence. Something about Training and Coach was seriously flawed. I think he still doesn't understand there is anything wrong. The Off season acquisitions say just a few things. He either doesn't get it, or MLSE doesn't care.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone around June unless the team does wonders. Like actually attacking and not just passing the ball back over and over until you can get it down a wing and cross it along the ground after the opposing side has set up 8 men plus a keeper behind the ball. Worse it was the Early goals, the early second half goals and the second goals minutes after the first. (all of which happened in CCL last year) Chivas last year scored at BMO in the first two minutes. A goal that ultimately forced the Penalties.

If these same patterns continues (as we have already seen them in Panama) he has to go as you can't blame the players here. The players change. It isn't a specific set of defenders these issues occur with. That puts it on Coaching.
    Last edited by Kaz; 03-01-2019 at 01:33 PM.