Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
Is Vanney a good coach or does he need good players in order to be a good coach?

The team is extremely slow and predictable with average players and he seems too stubborn to change. Discuss
I think Vanney is the type of coach who has an ideal system that he needs quality players for. It's technical and needs players who have a good sense of position. He doesn't have enough of those players with various departures (and not just our DPs).

One solution is to get him the players he needs. Curtis so far has failed to do this.

Another solution, especially if (1) MLSE has actually decided to majorly cut costs and won't be getting those players or if (2) they are keeping Curtis and he'll fail getting those players is to replace Vanney with a pragmatic coach who wins playing ugly games with mediocre players. There's a few MLS coaches who manage to play that game. We won't look like Barcelona but we might win more marginal games.

I favour getting better players because I would like us to follow the vision of "being great."