Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Toledo's worst game (not saying a heck of a lot) but the narrative has run so long, I think its just become part of our DNA. Unlucky result but I'm pleased with the performance and am too relieved/excited that we have a regular schedule from here on out to really get down about this one. If they can build on this away run in the manner that I expect them to, then hopefully this result will come to mean little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid effort. We deserved at least a draw, but their goalkeeper and the crossbar were the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it hard to believe Bradley is getting it tight on here for his performance today. Yes he gave away the foul for their goal, but it was a first class strike from Valeri. He's performed great this season as a playmaker, although personally I might like to see him deployed further forward.

If that was a playoff game today, i'd feel much happier, as I thought we had their measure and had we been more clinical with our chances (Moor, Altidore) we'd have won that game. Also on another day Gleeson doesnt stop the efforts from both Johnson and Bradley. Hard to be critical of our superstar, but id like to see Gio use the players around him a little more and stop looking for a goalazo everytime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    How can you ignore the bad tackle that led to the free kick. I get you favor bradley however you can't ignore the bad foul in a dangerous place. We had two defenders and a keeper behind bradley. There is no reason to foul there, he should have forced wide and defended not foul. You really cant solely blame perquis at all. Moreover Bradley had around 6 more giveaways than perquis through out he game.
    It wasn't a good tackle but watch the play again. Bradley, Delgado and Johnson all slow down as they're running back because they all expect Perquis to win the ball, which he should. Instead he does... something, I don't really know what he was thinking even watching the replay again. The ball squirts out and Bradley starts racing back, now in scramble mode because you have Valeri running at your back line with two passing options. Now yes, we recovered with numbers well but Bradley is focused on the ball and probably isn't aware of that, and he makes a bad tackle. So sure give Bradley some blame for getting beat on the tackle but to me it's clearly more Perquis' fault, that's where the breakdown occurred and it was a particularly bad play, thus he deserves most of the blame. Also on the giveaways, Bradley finished with 89% passing accuracy and Perquis finished with 80% (compared to Moor who played more passes yet didn't miss a single one).

I criticized Bradley plenty last year, when he was trying to play 3 roles at once and over-exposing us constantly. Now he's anchored at the defensive midfield spot and playing well, yet inexplicably he's still a lightning rod of criticism as far as I can see. It's silly. It's like people completely forget the past two years and want him to do everything on the pitch, despite the fact that we've already learned that doesn't work. By pretty much every relevant statistic he's been either the best or very near the best DM in the league this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a well played game by both teams.

We played far better than we did against NE or DC, we were dangerous at least 5-6 times, but got nothing today.

No point whining about Toledo or the foul that led to the Valeri goal. Actually, the biggest gaffe of the game was Moor's handball in the box (uncalled).

Such is life sometimes.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm agreeing with the anti-Bradley crowd today. Not a good game from him, not at alllllll.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics - too narrow in the first half. FB's were holding themselves back to deal with the speed. We got width in the second and transitioned the ball around and were by and large the better team, on the road against the defending champs. Somebody, somebody HAS to bury one of those headers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note, Giovinco seems to be struggling with his free kicks lately... has he gotten one over the wall yet this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought we played well. I don't think you can say anyone had a particlarly bad game, including Bradley who I thought was excellent for the most part again today. Finishing just wasn't there.

On to the next one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty decently played game all around, on both sides. Sometimes it just isn't your day.

Solidly in the upper-half of the conference table, after eight straight road games? I'll take that start.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So sure give Bradley some blame for getting beat on the tackle but to me it's clearly more Perquis' fault, that's where the breakdown occurred and it was a particularly bad play, thus he deserves most of the blame. Also on the giveaways, Bradley finished with 89% passing accuracy and Perquis finished with 80% (compared to Moor who played more passes yet didn't miss a single one).

I criticized Bradley plenty last year, when he was trying to play 3 roles at once and over-exposing us constantly. Now he's anchored at the defensive midfield spot and playing well, yet inexplicably he's still a lightning rod of criticism as far as I can see. It's silly. It's like people completely forget the past two years and want him to do everything on the pitch, despite the fact that we've already learned that doesn't work. By pretty much every relevant statistic he's been either the best or very near the best DM in the league this year.
    Agreed. Bradley made some errors with passing - more than usual -- but you're correct to note that he doesn't make many of them (which is probably why I noticed them). It's important to place a player like Bradley in the context of what he does and has to do and you're quite right to note how he's been asked to do pretty much everything in the defensive midfield while setting up the attack. He's had to do it all. It's nice to see him have a bit of role easement, but he's always going to be in a position where he has to take cues from others as their cover. In the case of Perquis, that just didn't work out.

Tough loss, but we finally come home and with it some normalcy and stability. What a road trip and it's one I think we can be proud of even if we deserved more than we got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That was a well played game by both teams.

We played far better than we did against NE or DC, we were dangerous at least 5-6 times, but got nothing today.

No point whining about Toledo or the foul that led to the Valeri goal. Actually, the biggest gaffe of the game was Moor's handball in the box (uncalled).

Such is life sometimes.
    There were 2 missed handballs in the box on them xD I guess nto as cledar as moor's. I'm more pissed about asprilla remaining on the pitch after that late challenge on delgado. We've seen suspensions for less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=ensco;1792658]That was a well played game by both teams.

Rule:
    A handball occurs if any player, other than the team’s goalkeeper within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play. A ball can be handled with any part of the arm, from the tips of a player’s fingers right up to the shoulder.
    Moor did not deliberately handle the ball therefore there is no penalty and no gaffe by Toledo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 of 10 times those headers are goals.they were good reaction saves,but right at him.game of inches..
    JOZY where are you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post

Rule:
    A handball occurs if any player, other than the team’s goalkeeper within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play. A ball can be handled with any part of the arm, from the tips of a player’s fingers right up to the shoulder.
    Moor did not deliberately handle the ball therefore there is no penalty and no gaffe by Toledo.
    Moor's arm was away from his body, that usually gets called
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did enough to win this game by 2 goals easily, enough chances were created, Portland is very fortunate to get a win here very fortunate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Portland goalkeeper did some incredible stuff and we easily could have scored 3/4/5 goals if it wasn't for his performance. Not gonna cry over this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    The Portland goalkeeper did some incredible stuff and we easily could have scored 3/4/5 goals if it wasn't for his performance. Not gonna cry over this one.
    Agreed, although I think it's time for altidore to start potting a few.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good effort by Toronto.
    Portland keeper did well.

I was a little let down by Giovinco. Too often he seemed to choose the most difficult path toward goal which frequently resulted in a turnover. And his flopping to the ground and acting injured is tiresome. That's not the kind of behavior I like from our players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun game , rough game , hopefully there are no further suspensions.....our bench seems so empty for scoring strength . I guess that's the price we pay for our salaries . Gio tried to much by himself but all in all scrappy fight and great goal beat us . Valeri? Dove all night, begged for yellows and was rewarded as such .
    Last edited by jazzy; 05-01-2016 at 09:56 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game by Toronto, Portland were very average today. Three headers at point blank range all directly at keeper. TFC should have won, can't wait til next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tough game that was.....imo had nothing to do with Toledo, missed penalties, Bradley, etc......TFC couldn't finish their chances and that's that......could've had 3 or 4.......deserved at least 1 point, possibly 3 with some better finishing....Portland's goalie was fantastic......file this one away and on to the HOME OPENER!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    9 of 10 times those headers are goals.they were good reaction saves,but right at him.game of inches..
    JOZY where are you?
    this game would have been won if Jozy showed up, he wasn't making enough runs, wasn't splitting the D. outside of 2 genius picks on the corners that lead to the headers, not sure what his role was.

both giovinco and Bradley had some odd passes go no where, wonder if the turf had something to do with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both bradley and delgado put on a poor performance.

This team relies too much on Giovinco. He cannot win games on his own every time and others have to step up, especially jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I watched the replay of the Seba incident and that mother fucker should have been sent off. He walked up from behind and stomped on Giovinco's back heel and shoved him to the ground.

The officiating in MLS is f'n bush league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well played games by us...our defence got sliced open nicely on Portlands first goal. Their goalkeeper was a beast and the only reason we didn't win.
    Bradley was off today, quite a few giveaways...Altidore still wasting a DP spot. We really need someone in a wide midfield role. Only 1 of Osorio, Delgado and Endoh should be on the starting 11 at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Well played games by us...our defence got sliced open nicely on Portlands first goal. Their goalkeeper was a beast and the only reason we didn't win.
    Bradley was off today, quite a few giveaways...Altidore still wasting a DP spot. We really need someone in a wide midfield role. Only 1 of Osorio, Delgado and Endoh should be on the starting 11 at a time.
    agreed

delgado is not starting material, endoh can currently only be used to exhaust the other team.

I cant remeber who, but Giovinco chewed one out on the field for a bad pass. probably made the player want to crawl into hole and cry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to talk about the game because we all saw it, instead I'm going to talk about 'Joey Timber'.

Here's a guy with VIP access to stand right behind the net with a portable internal combustion engine while opposing teams are trying to organize on set pieces. Yes, this man with the a clogged shower drain for a face is letting it rip for the sole reason of giving the defending team a disadvantage. I have no idea how they let this shit fly but if that's how they're winning games, I say bring on the laser pointers. I'll stop short of the bags of piss but these cheating fucks deserve the full Mexican treatment every time they leave home.

Fuck the Timbers.

(great fans though)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I'm not going to talk about the game because we all saw it, instead I'm going to talk about 'Joey Timber'.

Here's a guy with VIP access to stand right behind the net with a portable internal combustion engine while opposing teams are trying to organize on set pieces. Yes, this man with the a clogged shower drain for a face is letting it rip for the sole reason of giving the defending team a disadvantage. I have no idea how they let this shit fly but if that's how they're winning games, I say bring on the laser pointers. I'll stop short of the bags of piss but these cheating fucks deserve the full Mexican treatment every time they leave home.

Fuck the Timbers.

(great fans though)
    Never thought of it that way. Well put.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah you can see Bradley yelling at Irwin, probably couldn't hear him on where to setup the wall

still a world class strike though