Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    You most certainly do have a right to complain, but not simply because BMO field sits on public land. If the yelling falls on deaf ears, I am saying there's not a thing anyone can do about it. Suck it up if one is opposed to it, or don't come. Some have made the choice to not go to a Jay's game because of the security, yet their security procedures are still in place. Why? Because the number of people who are steadfastly opposed and refuse to go, are an insignificant number of individuals overall, and not enough to warrant a change in a procedure that the men in suits is best for them and their organization. By all means though, if you are female and they request a pat-down, you can ask for a female to do the pat-down, that is pretty standard.

I'm not trying to be a prick about this, but people's skin has gotten pretty thin. Why can't anyone handle the fact that sometimes there are rules that we are not going to like, you either abide by them, or don't attend? By all means, voice your concerns, as incidents happen. Complaining about what MIGHT happen, will not make a difference. Saying you don't like being touched, is like saying you don't like heights but want to go up the CN Tower.

Whether the added security is actual, or perceived, these are the measures that have been mandated. At game time, accept them and attend, or reject them and do not attend.
    Well said sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jays process is dead simple (and I've been to mid-week games, ALDS games, Home Opener). I this will not be much of an issue once we and the staff have been through it a couple of times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Ditto, its not about the children
    It's about keeping the insurance premiums reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is 10$ at Walmart

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well TFC just sent out an email for home opener info and it contained a link to their security (code of conduct) page and nothing looks different than any other year as far as I can tell. I guess I get to bring my sack pack with the draw string after all. It doesn't say anything about laptop bags either. It just says "Backpacks and large bags over 14x14x6 inches (subject to search)"

http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/code-conduct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Joe Kool;1792896]Well TFC just sent out an email for home opener info and it contained a link to their security (code of conduct) page and nothing looks different than any other year as far as I can tell. I guess I get to bring my sack pack with the draw string after all. It doesn't say anything about laptop bags either. It just says "Backpacks and large bags over 14x14x6 inches (subject to search)"

We are not objecting to a search of our backpack.
    However, are they going to measure the backpacks?
    Our TFC SportChek backpack is 14.5 x 16.5 inches!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=JayMolly;1792947]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Well TFC just sent out an email for home opener info and it contained a link to their security (code of conduct) page and nothing looks different than any other year as far as I can tell. I guess I get to bring my sack pack with the draw string after all. It doesn't say anything about laptop bags either. It just says "Backpacks and large bags over 14x14x6 inches (subject to search)"

It will not be an issue, they have never measured backpacks, their main concern will be the contents.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=JayMolly;1792947]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

my understanding is that if the backpack can be easily stowed under the seat or on it without impeding people getting by then it should be fine. Of course as always it is subject to be searched on the way in.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    I am with you on not having an issue with the search of my bag. I think that is fine too. Luckily my Nike sack pack that I bring to every game is just under those dimensions slightly so hoping not to have any issue. Honestly I don't think anyone will be standing there with a measuring tape but who knows what they might have in store. Maybe those wire frame things you see at the airport to measure the bags. Hard to tell until we see what they do on the first day. Most rules like this are only there so that they can enforce if needed when someone really goes over the line. I doubt they will give the average person attending the match much hassle if their bag is slightly over. Guess we will see what happens.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one will measure so if your bag size is reasonable (close to those measurements) and not a 70L pack, you will be fine. They are interested in contents and a$$hats with bags that impede other people in the seats and walking about the stadium. Remember to leave your knife in the car.
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that at least some of the stadiums will have those wire frame thingies like in the airport, to see if your bag fits. Hopefully they won't go that far in Toronto. And you're right, that TFC website is not as clear about the size as elsewhere. We shall see I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Additionally, all bags will be searched, and the league will now prohibit fans from bringing in large purses, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags and any bag larger than 14-by-14-by-6 inches."

I just heard about the backpack restriction, so I measured every bag in the house, including re-useable grocery bags. I found two bags that were within the size limitations. One was a laptop bag (prohibited, according to the above, found on the TFC website) and the other was a plastic grocery-store bag. To me, the restriction sounds like any and all of the items listed are are prohibited, no matter what the size.

Of course, the so-called Code of Conduct also says we're not allowed to be drunk at the game or use naughty words. Good luck with that!

I guess we'll just have to see how strictly things are enforced, and how soon it will be before some tin-pot power-drunk cop wannabe uses these restrictions to kick out or refuse admission to one of our members. I'm hopeful that won't happen, and that the security people will use common sense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roca View Post
    "Additionally, all bags will be searched, and the league will now prohibit fans from bringing in large purses, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags and any bag larger than 14-by-14-by-6 inches."

I just heard about the backpack restriction, so I measured every bag in the house, including re-useable grocery bags. I found two bags that were within the size limitations. One was a laptop bag (prohibited, according to the above, found on the TFC website) and the other was a plastic grocery-store bag. To me, the restriction sounds like any and all of the items listed are are prohibited, no matter what the size.

Of course, the so-called Code of Conduct also says we're not allowed to be drunk at the game or use naughty words. Good luck with that!

I guess we'll just have to see how strictly things are enforced, and how soon it will be before some tin-pot power-drunk cop wannabe uses these restrictions to kick out or refuse admission to one of our members. I'm hopeful that won't happen, and that the security people will use common sense.
    Pit is so up the air, with those restrictions in place people were bringing in backpacks etc into Saputo, just wanted to point that out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the TFC game in Montreal 2 weeks ago - they were allowing backpacks into Saputo and they security check was pretty standard there like previous years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went for a walk around the stadium earlier today and they had this outside the vip entrance. I assume this applies to to all entrances.

http://imgur.com/0aS7Rk6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brought a normal-sized backpack (most likely larger than the recommended size) with rain gear and a change of clothes, etc. and had no issues. Security guy was nice, friendly, and set a good tone to the start of the evening. Couldn't imagine a more enjoyable entrance after all the things being posted about the new security measures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pro tip: If you go in early enough they don't have metal detectors set up and they don't search you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoke so I was in and out twice. Zero issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although my knapsack is well under their size limits, (a sturdy Roots Canada bag that was once a school bag for one of my kids then graduated to my man bag a few years ago) I chose to leave it behind in the car. So I approached security/tickets with my TFC fleece blanket over my arm and I was wearing my rain coat over my hoodie. I also had the TFC Sportchek black drawstring bag in case I wanted a bag to carry said blanket or rain coat.
    They wanded me, no problem.
    I think next game I am going to dare to bring in my mini man bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security was no different from last year. Security was cordial, checked my bag as usual and I didn't even get wanded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know why admittance was closed to 115? Walked in the normal way to go to my seats (signs to 115 still posted) and was told very rudely to get out and go up the stairs at the back or from 113.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Went for a walk around the stadium earlier today and they had this outside the vip entrance. I assume this applies to to all entrances.

http://imgur.com/0aS7Rk6
    The only one I saw was for the box seats, on the west side entrance. I guess they know where the troublemakers are!

A whole lot of fuss about nothing. Was pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Anyone know why admittance was closed to 115? Walked in the normal way to go to my seats (signs to 115 still posted) and was told very rudely to get out and go up the stairs at the back or from 113.
    Odd ... but given they've clearly been rushing to get the seating, etc., finished (the paint on the capo stands felt like it was only a couple of hours old!), then my guess is that it's construction related. Perhaps that's where they shoved all the equipment at the last minute!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came from the airport with a backpack as a carry on. Little choice as i landed at 715. No issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

security was fine to me last night, had no problem, all they did is very quickly scan me with that wond thing. Took what 3 seconds? then I was in. Went for smoke at half time and security was a non issue for me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it seems the security changes were over-hyped by the league, at least wrt. Toronto. The only difference was the wanding. I actually brought my stuff in two small plastic bags to avoid issues with the bag sizes. I had some extra clothes for my daughter as I knew it would be getting late, cold & possibly wet.

I hope it stays reasonable like this, then I'll be bringing a proper day pack in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No issues here either. I had an RPB issue cinch bag with some ponchos and gloves etc. (nothing hard) and they had no issue with that. One lady wanted to wand me and I started taking all the metal out of my pockets but she decided against it because I was taking too long. I would imagine that she figured no big deal because I was with my lad. I did leave my knife in the car though.
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aside from the wanding I found it to be the exact same process as last year....empty pockets, open small bags, and in you go......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Hi Sid
    Same happened to me, but the 115 access now does only go to the new wheelchair section there, meaning the only access to 114/115 is from the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entered early at the Bud Truck. No issues just wanded. Exited after a couple beer to enter the Club section and no issues but much more of a pain. Actual metal detectors and empty all pockets. Even the lanyard that they had just given us had to come off. Again no issues but what a pain. A bit of overkill considering the rest of the stadium was just the wands as far as I know.