Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Original Meaning of Pop

Al Snow described that "pop" really means when the crowd gets so excited or so into an emotional moment, its like (Comparing it to an orgasm) is when the cum, or "Pop a Nut".. This is where the term "pop" came from. He says the meaning has been bastardized into what it is today..
    lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think our depths is a lot better than it has been. There is a drop off, for sure, but that says more about the quality of our starters than it does about the lack of quality on our bench. We only have a couple of positions where the starter could be debated (maybe even just one position), whereas in the past we've had lineups where one could argue up to half the starters could be interchanged with bench players with no noticeable difference.
    Agreed regarding our starting lineup. I mentioned earlier in the thread that aside from Osorio and Degado, it's arguably an all star team.

Aside from Cheyrou (and perhaps Morgan) though, much of the talent available on the bench is unproven at this level. Not necessarily a bad thing as I've been waiting for some of our kids to crack the lineup with the first team, but there is uncertainty without some vets on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Agreed regarding our starting lineup. I mentioned earlier in the thread that aside from Osorio and Degado, it's arguably an all star team.

Aside from Cheyrou (and perhaps Morgan) though, much of the talent available on the bench is unproven at this level. Not necessarily a bad thing as I've been waiting for some of our kids to crack the lineup with the first team, but there is uncertainty without some vets on the bench.
    Williams is proven, but I agree with your point. I like that Endoh, Babouli, Chapman are getting minutes, and hope one of them starts in Portland.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 04-25-2016 at 07:56 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

Morgan, Cheyrou and Williams are a pretty decent trio of vets to have on the bench, but it is a young bench, to be sure. We might benefit from a veteran forward and one more mid, but they don't come around so easily. At least, not ones that want to be on the bench. Also, doing that bumps a couple of our kids, all of whom have shown really good promise so far. It's one of those situations where maybe you have to go with it and hope one or more of the kids steps up and makes the decision easier. Either that, or they regress, which also makes the decision easier. All the same, it's nice that we can talk about the promise of bench players from our system!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Red in the corner sticks out for sure, what a day it was at Saputo, Seba and all.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)