Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Best game of the year! We passed the ball well and remained organized for 90 minutes. The midfield pairing of Bradley and Johnson was an off season stroke of genius. I don't think anyone predicted how well they would combine.

Irwin continues to be in the right place at the right time, which is the mark of a good keeper. Night and day from last year, IMO.

It will be interesting to see how we hold up next week against Portland.

We beat two playoff teams on the road in back to back weeks. That must be a first for TFC, no?

I don't even remember ever winning two in a row on the road....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I don't even remember ever winning two in a row on the road....
    Last year :P
    Orlando and Philly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy with that performance. Our defense is spectacular so far this season. Which is amazing considering its all been done on the road! Giovinco is incredible but I've really liked everyone helping him too. The pass from Will Johnson was great and Jozy caused lots of problems for them too. I guess I just thought the whole team looked so great and natural together. 😍

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our starting lineup is really top class throughout with the exception of AM and RM. If we upgraded Osorio and Delgado, we could arguably have a MLS calibre all star team. Not complaining about the job that Osorio and Delgado have done though.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-24-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crowd pop on the 2nd goal gave me goosebumps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    The crowd pop on the 2nd goal gave me goosebumps.
    Whats a crowd pop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Whats a crowd pop?
    That wonderful point where the bubble burst and they went silent as meek little Limpact Lambs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt said the crowd started leaving after goal #2 Hahaha #montrealmorons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That wonderful point where the bubble burst and they went silent as meek little Limpact Lambs.
    That would explain how clear the sound of TFC supporters was at that point. I got goosebumps when i saw Bradley and the others huddle and embrace after that 2nd goal, they knew this marked a turning point for the team!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Kurt said the crowd started leaving after goal #2 Hahaha #montrealmorons
    TBH for many years TFC fans did that too. I don't fault them for doing that when our team made their first place team look like they totally suck. :-)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    I'd like to hear 69Chevy396's take on this game ..
    Still waiting for our year 1 SSH @69Chevy396 to comment on how well the team is doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    I see a 2-0 win for TFC, this will be a statement game for our defence.
    somebody get this man a beer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even with IP blocking? Damn.
    I had no problem using VPN redirects with MLS last year . Even the free ones . They r not Netflix .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El. Oh. El.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far and away the best game Jozy has played for us. He hustled defended held up and was generally really hard working and effective. This Jozy is awesome for a 4-4-2. Exciting possibilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just watched the game again, and Oso was underappreciated. Very effective in his role. Comentators said it was the tip of a diamond, not sure it worked that way in practice, but his touch was important in the second goal and he was heavily involved with lots of other moves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Still waiting for our year 1 SSH @69Chevy396 to comment on how well the team is doing.
    Year 1, 2, 3, 4, 7. Not sure why you keep bugging me. I watched. It was dull football, but worked. With the players we have, this ought to be the norm, not the exception. I still think the team can do a lot better with the Japanese rookie instead of Osorio, who spoils at least two or three scoring chances most games. I also watched LA this weekend. TFC has not earned any bragging rights until they beat that team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Year 1, 2, 3, 4, 7. Not sure why you keep bugging me. I watched. It was dull football, but worked. With the players we have, this ought to be the norm, not the exception. I still think the team can do a lot better with the Japanese rookie instead of Osorio, who spoils at least two or three scoring chances most games. I also watched LA this weekend. TFC has not earned any bragging rights until they beat that team.
    OH COME ON!!!

That is just the lamest piece of equivocation I've heard. You just CAN'T ADMIT this team is good.

LAG had 2...2 decent games in a row, and that's mostly because they play well when one of either Keane or Dos Santos isn't in the team - they can't play all their parts together. 3 weeks ago they were in trouble.

We just beat the consensus hot team in the East, in their place, comprehensively, with a solid defensive approach that we have never seen while creating more offensive chances then them.

And you change the freaking goal posts on quality to LAG (who we play in June when...guess what we and them lose most of our internationals) because????????? PAH

TFC is not perfect. None of the midfielders can consistently score from their chances. And it remains to be seen if this team can play that defence without those two FB's and Bradley. But to deny what this team did now is just trolling.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-25-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    OH COME ON!!!

That is just the lamest piece of equivocation I've heard. You just CAN'T ADMIT this team is good.

LAG had 2...2 decent games in a row, and that's mostly because they play well when one of either Keane or Dos Santos isn't in the team - they can't play all their parts together. 3 weeks ago they were in trouble.

We just beat the consensus hot team in the East, in their place, comprehensively, with a solid defensive approach that we have never seen while creating more offensive chances then them.

And you change the freaking goal posts on quality to LAG (who we play in June when...guess what we and them lose most of our internationals) because????????? PAH

TFC is not perfect. None of the midfielders can consistently score from their chances. And it remains to be seen if this team can play that defence without those two FB's and Bradley. But to deny what this team did now is just trolling.
    Give it a rest. Sports fans in this city are so used to supporting losers, that winning takes time to become familiar with. We won. Ok. What is next? Will the team hunker down and play this defensive game in BMO? I doubt it. At some point, a balance needs to be found, where the good offensive players execute, and at the same time, contribute defensively. Who will score the goals when Giovinco joins Italy? Will Osorio ever find the net? I am glad for the victory, but the season lasts more than a few games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give the guy a break, he's obviously traumatized, PTSD and all. It will take time for the old time ssh's to get acclimatized to the new TFC. Were just a few injuries away from being vulnerable again.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Give it a rest. Sports fans in this city are so used to supporting losers, that winning takes time to become familiar with. We won. Ok. What is next? Will the team hunker down and play this defensive game in BMO? I doubt it. At some point, a balance needs to be found, where the good offensive players execute, and at the same time, contribute defensively. Who will score the goals when Giovinco joins Italy? Will Osorio ever find the net? I am glad for the victory, but the season lasts more than a few games.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the new chevy.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I understand how Chevy feels. I'm cautiously optimistic this year, but I keep expecting the wheels to fall off at some point. I don't think I will be comfortable with saying this is a good team until July.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give the guy a break, he's obviously traumatized, PTSD and all. It will take time for the old time ssh's to get acclimatized to the new TFC. Were just a few injuries away from being vulnerable again.
    Every team in MLS is a few injuries away from being vulnerable.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    None of the midfielders can consistently score from their chances.
    I agree with your post overall, but this particular statement stuck out to me. How many MLS midfielders can consistently score from their chances?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    I had no problem using VPN redirects with MLS last year . Even the free ones . They r not Netflix .
    Yeah, IP blocking on chrome works great for watching blacked out games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya'll are right. I was harsh.

I'm just tired of people changing the goal posts on whether this team is good or not. Right now, after the last two games, its good. After the game in Colorado, we were not good enough. After the next 2 games, which are not easy by any means, we could be back to being not good enough.

But this team looks good enough to succeed enough during the season. Which is all we can ask for.

That's MLS. You spend all year hoping for a good game that week and in the end only 1 team wins the biggest prize. And if your expectations of what is success is just winning that prize, or the Supporter's shield, most season's are going to be a disappointment.

I just want to see progress, to see the team compete, to not be embarrassed by results anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our main issue is our lack of depth if our key starters are away on international duty, or in the event of injuries.

Every team in MLS has issues in that regard, but the drop off in talent on our roster is considerable. I think we will have to be fortunate enough to stay relatively healthy in order to maintain our current form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats a crowd pop?
    Original Meaning of Pop

Al Snow described that "pop" really means when the crowd gets so excited or so into an emotional moment, its like (Comparing it to an orgasm) is when the cum, or "Pop a Nut".. This is where the term "pop" came from. He says the meaning has been bastardized into what it is today..

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Our main issue is our lack of depth if our key starters are away on international duty, or in the event of injuries.

Every team in MLS has issues in that regard, but the drop off in talent on our roster is considerable. I think we will have to be fortunate enough to stay relatively healthy in order to maintain our current form.
    I think our depths is a lot better than it has been. There is a drop off, for sure, but that says more about the quality of our starters than it does about the lack of quality on our bench. We only have a couple of positions where the starter could be debated (maybe even just one position), whereas in the past we've had lineups where one could argue up to half the starters could be interchanged with bench players with no noticeable difference.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy