Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Chapman had a rough cameo, I think he should get more games under his belt at TFC2. Was Babouli hurt? About Osorio: he's a strange player to evaluate. He's a good short-passer and keeps possession pretty well. I think he also has a good workrate defensively. On the other hand, for someone considered a creative midfielder, he doesn't generate a lot of offense in terms of assists, key passes and goals. He also doesn't go past people or have the ability to connect the long pass. If he could just score some of the fairly large number of shooting chances he finds himself with I think he would solidify his value to the team.
    Osorio was actually third in key passes last year (for TFC, not the league) and not that far behind Bradley for roughly the same number of minutes played:
    http://www.americansocceranalysis.com/new-page-3/

(not that I disagree with your overall point)
    Last edited by shorty; 04-17-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Osorio is best when he is involved in the build up. He usually makes smart decisions while in possession, making simple passes to keep the play moving. He can't hit a teammate with a 30 yard switch or run at defenders but he can sneak a tricky pass through tight spaces. I've been a big fan since he started for TFC but I think he needs to show improvement over last year if he wants to remain a regular. Gio and Jozy occupy so much of defenders' attention that he is often afforded lots of space.

Yesterday the whole team was off with their passing (66%), the last few games we were well above 70%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalyst 18h18 hours ago
    So much of DC's best stuff comes from Kemp. Delgado shut the faucet off - killed all good forward options. #DCvTOR

fair enough, but I saw it differently. I'll take my own advice and watch it again though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I see is him playing off players and letting them get crosses and or passes in, and not tracking runners immediately and getting caught behind - like when he gave up the penalty earlier in the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And he's done it with games to spare. Unless there's some genius banging at the door Vanney has the job this season.
    That wasn't my point. Someone said that we have reached our goal of eight points. That isn't, or shouldn't be, our goal if the goal is for this good roster to be one of the top few teams. The eight points was the minimum expectation set by the new club President last year when talking about Vanney and his future as coach. It's good we made it, and with this roster we should aspire to more. Vanney has done far better than I expected this year, good for him and us, now let's achieve more and achieve the potential of this roster.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 04-17-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That wasn't my point. Someone said that we have reached our goal of eight points. That isn't, or shouldn't be, our goal if the goal is for this good roster to be one of the top few teams. The eight points was the minimum expectation set by the new club President last year when talking about Vanney and his future as coach. It's good we made it, and with this roster we should aspire to more. Vanney has done far better than I expected this year, good for him and us, now let's achieve more and achieve the potential of this roster.
    Amen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This roster is good enough to be top 3rd in mls. Weak wingers and not enough depth. Just IMO.

Discussion about how good this team should be done around June break. We will have more insight after the home games in may
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    This roster is good enough to be top 3rd in mls. Weak wingers and not enough depth. Just IMO.

Discussion about how good this team should be done around June break. We will have more insight after the home games in may
    At this point in the season, I would argue that the team is significantly better on paper than this time last year, but the player with the most positive actual impact is Irwin. He stole the game last night. Our defenders were caught out of position a few times, that in past seasons, would have resulted in a goal or two. Irwin stopped those chances, and what I like the most about him, is that when he makes the hard saves, he makes it look easy. This must give the team tons of confidence. He is probably the best keeper this team has had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great win!!.....8 points secured for the road trip which is absolutely fantastic....Irwin and Will Johnson have been spectacular so far imo.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on. Totally agree. We should aspire to more but I have no problem noting accomplishments. As you say, in last years terms we were more desperate to see points under Vanney.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney has done well this year, so far. I have not been a fan in the past but it would be unfair not to give him that. And I liked the fact he gave Chapman minutes on Saturday.