Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have that speedy Oduro guy...we sure could use a guy like that on the wings! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    They have that speedy Oduro guy...we sure could use a guy like that on the wings! :P
    Heh, well Montreal is actually being smart with him because they aren't using him on the wings (this year), he's only played up at the top of their 4-2-3-1. That's how he scored 13 goals for Columbus in 2013. He doesn't have the passing ability or quite frankly the smarts to be an effective midfielder. But he has lethal speed and his touch is decent enough that you give him a few through balls a game (Piatti and Shipp can do that with ease), he'll eventually put one in or have the defense scrambling to recover, opening things up for trailing players. Definitely a player you need to plan for if he's used correctly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giles Barne's scores a goal after just walking with his back to the ball,turning and pinging the pass over Frei.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-10-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle looks like hot garbage right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At some point soon, Sigi is going to need to move Morris to S2, for a while. Soccer twitter will have a field day but Morris is not adjusting well to the pro game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be great for MLS though. It'll show up those who thought Morris was stupid for going back to a league they thought was too easy for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Jong should get a game or two for that tackle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Giles Barne's scores a goal after just walking with his back to the ball,turning and pinging the pass over Frei.

That is a classic - a striker shows you where the name comes from - he puts everyone to sleep, before striking!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least 2 games, surprised that wasn't a red. Speaking of, were there any reds handed out this week?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
    At least 2 games, surprised that wasn't a red. Speaking of, were there any reds handed out this week?
    not that I recall.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to think PRO told refs to cool it with the reds this week, despite their grandstanding in the media. Lot of borderline tackles that were given yellows (like Morrow's) which would have earned reds the past few weeks, and on De Jong's especially it's just about unthinkable that under this new zero-tolerance standard an MLS ref would give a yellow for that unless they were instructed to try to avoid red cards as much as possible.