Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll show you the root of my hostility:

This is one of the main reasons why I left RPB. Being in a supporter group means more to me than paying 25$ and having "Member" written under my board name.
    You make remarks about how we charge a membership fee while very conveniently neglecting to mention that such a fee is require to organize and promote road trips because of legal action that was threatened against us years ago. By the way, that same legal action that could possibly force every other TFC supporter group in the future to do the same if an unscrupulous bus operator or travel agent wanted to report them to TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario).

It claims to be independent from the club and doesn't take any finances from the club to fund game day experience for members, mean while it works very much on the "you say jump, I say how high" mentality.
    We don't just claim to be independent. We ARE independent. And I strongly resent any implication otherwise on behalf of myself and the executives. It's a slap to the face of the guys who are working hard behind the scenes to keep the forums running or ordering the merchandise (and putting their money up-front for it, by the way). Its an insult to the guys who get off work at 5pm downtown then have to run over to BMO Field for a 6 o'clock meeting that runs well into the evening. Or the ones who have to answer to Joe and defuse the situation when some ignoramus bails on paying their tab during a gameday viewing. I'm not even the guy who has to do any of it, but I see it with my own eyes and I'm glad they have the patience and energy to do all that, because I sure don't.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, I can factually debate you on the topics you've mentioned, but I choose not to do it on a public forum. If you'd like to talk more, you can PM me and I'll send you my number.

ill say this for everybody to see though - my comments about the 25$ are not about the guys that run the group. They're about the 95% or so of "members" that do absolutely nothing to contribute to THE GROUP, other than buy a scarf and post on this forum, saying that they're RPB supporters (some don't even do that). I'll reiterate what I said, for me, being in a group is more than paying 25$ and posting on a forum.
    Last edited by Ivy; 04-11-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all the support from around the league and the support that will continue to pour in this week, i wonder if the league is feeling any pressure to change it's stance?

As far as us in Toronto? from the few conversations i was able to have this weekend i wouldn't expect this to come up as an issue here BUT DO NOT TAKE THIS STATEMENT AS FREE REIGN TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I'll show you the root of my hostility:

You make remarks about how we charge a membership fee while very conveniently neglecting to mention that such a fee is require to organize and promote road trips because of legal action that was threatened against us years ago. By the way, that same legal action that could possibly force every other TFC supporter group in the future to do the same if an unscrupulous bus operator or travel agent wanted to report them to TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario).

We don't just claim to be independent. We ARE independent. And I strongly resent any implication otherwise on behalf of myself and the executives. It's a slap to the face of the guys who are working hard behind the scenes to keep the forums running or ordering the merchandise (and putting their money up-front for it, by the way). Its an insult to the guys who get off work at 5pm downtown then have to run over to BMO Field for a 6 o'clock meeting that runs well into the evening. Or the ones who have to answer to Joe and defuse the situation when some ignoramus bails on paying their tab during a gameday viewing. I'm not even the guy who has to do any of it, but I see it with my own eyes and I'm glad they have the patience and energy to do all that, because I sure don't.
    Im sorry but Id like to know for the record what road trips have been planned by and executed by the group in the last 3 years?

And I also disagree its insult to anyone. This coming from someone who went to meetings and seen the results of them.
    Last edited by BuSaPuNk; 04-11-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luckily some of those meetings have now been pushed back to 630

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Im speaking of the Rachel in Orlando photo thats making the rounds. Her opening using a smoke bomb in her hands during a march outside the stadium.

Its amazing the rules only apply when its not for the betterment of there social media and marketing agenda.

Im with Ivy it's also nice that other groups have shown there support and solidarity openly about being with DC after this stupidity. Everyone should be this is an attack on all support.
    Orlando B was punished for using smoke (flares?) in their stadium. Were they punished for handling it outside the grounds where Rachel was?

I don't see what helps in ignoring the different rules for different places. It simplifies things, sure, but it doesn't help to omit information. We're seeing the result of that in this decision.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There is so much wrong with your post, Cashcleaner.
    I appreciate your opinion, but I don't understand why I can't help but sense some hostility?
    Well this could help. If you can't see the condescension in your opener than you have some work to do. I'll assume it's an oversight and not straight up antagonism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Orlando B was punished for using smoke (flares?) in their stadium. Were they punished for handling it outside the grounds where Rachel was?

I don't see what helps in ignoring the different rules for different places. It simplifies things, sure, but it doesn't help to omit information. We're seeing the result of that in this decision.
    I don't think it's being ignored, lots of non-forum discussion has taken place on it but whats likely to happen is the rules of the strictest will be blanketed across all not the rules of the average or lenient. Personally I like the way things are here right now, are they perfect? No but we have it much better than many others and I wouldn't really want to leave it up to someone who has never met any of us and doesn't appear to have any want to meet us to dictate rules to us.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I don't think it's being ignored, lots of non-forum discussion has taken place on it but whats likely to happen is the rules of the strictest will be blanketed across all not the rules of the average or lenient. Personally I like the way things are here right now, are they perfect? No but we have it much better than many others and I wouldn't really want to leave it up to someone who has never met any of us and doesn't appear to have any want to meet us to dictate rules to us.
    Statements that say "MLS officials can do it why can't we" over simplify the issue. Most people interested in growing that element of the culture are well aware of these differences but skirt the transparency to enable action and the absence of accountability. We've provided lists in the past for stadium rules as an SG to clubs. How difficult could it be to publish a list of local bylaws to show the inconsistency's? It puts accountability on Supporters and can help to repair the PR damage that's been done.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry but Id like to know for the record what road trips have been planned by and executed by the group in the last 3 years?

And I also disagree its insult to anyone. This coming from someone who went to meetings and seen the results of them.
    Way to miss the point. Trying to organize and promote the last 3 years has been a challenge you should be well aware of. You should also know about membership and incorporation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to miss the point. Trying to organize and promote the last 3 years has been a challenge you should be well aware of. You should also know about membership and incorporation.
    Oh Im well aware. Every time it was shot down bevause there was no way to get around TICO and its rules and regs. But someone praising road trips as being a huge reason can't be justified if we havnt had any.

And yeah Im well aware of it, I was a part of it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Im well aware. Every time it was shot down bevause there was no way to get around TICO and its rules and regs. But someone praising road trips as being a huge reason can't be justified if we havnt had any.

And yeah Im well aware of it, I was a part of it.
    You see praise. What's there is reason and explanation. That's it. And there's more to road trips than renting a bus. It seems you've forgotten or choose to ignore it.

Either way, let's get back to the issue that DC support has brought to the spotlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You see praise. What's there is reason and explanation. That's it. And there's more to road trips than renting a bus. It seems you've forgotten or choose to ignore it.

Either way, let's get back to the issue that DC support has brought to the spotlight.
    Yes that DU leadership was blindly punished for something likely relating more to a backroom rift than any action that actually took place. He was targeted because he was leadership

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that DU leadership was blindly punished for something likely relating more to a backroom rift than any action that actually took place. He was targeted because he was leadership
    From the article it sounds as if he lead the march. I assume from your targeting comment he wasn't the only one with smoke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the article it sounds as if he lead the march. I assume from your targeting comment he wasn't the only one with smoke?
    From the pictures I've seen, its not clear who was holding the smoke. I would also be very surprised if only 1 smoke device was used on a march, would be abnormal (i think we can agree on that)?

The letter that was written and passed around the interwebs seams to indicate the same issues the Barra Bravas told me about 2 years ago (both ended up a the sheaf post game)still exist and have potentially gotten worse. This appears to me that DCU FO saw an opportunity to send a message and took it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the pictures I've seen, its not clear who was holding the smoke. I would also be very surprised if only 1 smoke device was used on a march, would be abnormal (i think we can agree on that)?

The letter that was written and passed around the interwebs seams to indicate the same issues the Barra Bravas told me about 2 years ago (both ended up a the sheaf post game)still exist and have potentially gotten worse. This appears to me that DCU FO saw an opportunity to send a message and took it.
    To be clear, I'm not disagreeing but trying to get as many facts surrounding the issue.

So is it safe to say the message was "no smoke on RFK grounds"?

I can admit I'm over simplifying the issue because the message could've been delivered BEFORE the incident since there was a precedent of smoke on the way to the stadium WITHOUT any punishment.

I also agree that this gets personal with the league-wide year-long ban I read. If this is the leagues way of communicating policy it lacks professionalism. The league has the means to communicate this policy throughout the teams, and its supporters BEFORE punishments come into play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing but trying to get as many facts surrounding the issue.

So is it safe to say the message was "no smoke on RFK grounds"?

I can admit I'm over simplifying the issue because the message could've been delivered BEFORE the incident since there was a precedent of smoke on the way to the stadium WITHOUT any punishment.

I also agree that this gets personal with the league-wide year-long ban I read. If this is the leagues way of communicating policy it lacks professionalism. The league has the means to communicate this policy throughout the teams, and its supporters BEFORE punishments come into play.
    That's what i'm not sure about from that open letter it seamed it was a tradition to pop smoke in that location.

Also if it was said was it said like our "no standing on the railing of the capo stands" is said to us?

Also is it a DCU issue if it happens on RFK grounds or did they make it a DCU issue? Everything on ex grounds is Toronto police territory until you are basically inside BMO field, then it becomes BMO field security.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what i'm not sure about from that open letter it seamed it was a tradition to pop smoke in that location.

Also if it was said was it said like our "no standing on the railing of the capo stands" is said to us?

Also is it a DCU issue if it happens on RFK grounds or did they make it a DCU issue? Everything on ex grounds is Toronto police territory until you are basically inside BMO field, then it becomes BMO field security.
    What I read was that smoke "was done in the past" and Matt wanted to recapture those days. That doesn't sound like it was still "tradition". This does NOT excuse the fact that if RFK security most likely knew this was happening (as we know FO's aren't completely unaware of SG plans) with an onus was on RFK/DCU to remind SGs of any policy change.

As for the capo stand comment you're aware my personal take on that. Just because it's not enforced doesn't mean I'm going to do something I agreed not to.

My message in all this is make the message clear and the action taken is defendable.

Bringing it back to CNE grounds the point I'm trying nail down is that CNE grounds have taken action in the past. The fact that Toronto Police have jurisdiction doesn't change that CNE grounds have taken more steps than police outside of CNE grounds on this issue as far as Toronto support is concerned, no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this could help. If you can't see the condescension in your opener than you have some work to do. I'll assume it's an oversight and not straight up antagonism.
    I was writing a long post, but I'll just summarize it instead.
    Dont be a hypocrite about the condescension. You've been one side moderating and throwing off smerky smart ass comments at anything that you don't agree with.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was writing a long post, but I'll just summarize it instead.
    Dont be a hypocrite about the condescension. You've been one side moderating and throwing off smerky smart ass comments at anything that you don't agree with.
    Hey you asked why the hostility. I guess you didn't want to know.

If you have a problem with moderating there are others you can report it to.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 04-11-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey you asked why the hostility. I guess you didn't want to know.

If you have a problem with moderating there are others you can report it to.
    Report it to who? To you? Lol I wasn't born yesterday.

And I've asked you before, as well as in that PM that you chose to ignore - tell me where I'm wrong, based on facts and current status, and I'll retract my statement; because so much of the stuff that cashcleaner said is wrong. I'm sorry if that hurts your personal ego for some reason.
    Last edited by Ivy; 04-11-2016 at 02:48 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report it to who? To you? Lol I wasn't born yesterday.

And I've asked you before, as well as in that PM that you chose to ignore - tell me where I'm wrong, based on facts and current status, and I'll retract my statement; because so much of the stuff that cashcleaner said is wrong. I'm sorry if that hurts your personal ego for some reason.
    When you report something all mods see it. I'm surprised you didn't know the process. You seem interested enough in it.

Bringing up a PM in thread is Poor form, though. I'll gladly answer you're PM now if you felt it needed answering.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you report something all mods see it. I'm surprised you didn't know the process. You seem interested enough in it.

Bringing up a PM in thread is Poor form, though. I'll gladly answer you're PM now if you felt it needed answering.
    All mods see it here too, Pete. I'm sure reporting a mod to his buddy will go over real well.

whats the poor form? That I PMed you and you ignored it, or that I brought it up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont punish what you advertise.....witworth has to go...wake up!!!!! Hes a cancer to supporters

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely it must get tiring being angry all the time.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Surely it must get tiring being angry all the time.
    You have no idea buddy... You have noooo idea lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have no idea buddy... You have noooo idea lol
    Oh, but I do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm angry all the time, and it stresses me out, which in turns make me angry because the anger is stressing me out. I'm caught in this matrix of angry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm angry all the time, and it stresses me out, which in turns make me angry because the anger is stressing me out. I'm caught in this matrix of angry.
    Beer solves that... unless you get angry about talking about beer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to PM you, but you're out of space.