Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I've worked for a major consumer packaged goods company in sales strategy in the past and you can look at a ton of different metrics to determine "best sales". You could have 10 different people claiming the same thing and all of them technically being correct.
    Don't doubt it for a minute. My point was that Bud, while the epitome of Murica and what I wouldn't be drawn to still does unbearably well here in Hoserville.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Don't doubt it for a minute. My point was that Bud, while the epitome of Murica and what I wouldn't be drawn to still does unbearably well here in Hoserville.
    Ya it probably does do well... every bar that has a beer special seams to have it on bud/bud light/coors etc so they pump through a good volume.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this was mentioned, but my buddy tried to grab a large beer as the second half was kicking off and he was told that they are not selling large beers after the half any more.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I don't know if this was mentioned, but my buddy tried to grab a large beer as the second half was kicking off and he was told that they are not selling large beers after the half any more.

its that or they ran out of big size cups. I was also told no large right by 112 probably as the kickoff just occurred, I just assumed they meant sold out of large because that happened to me a few times last year. So I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It's possible but I've heard in the past it's the best selling beer in Canada. I'd say most of it has to do with placement and price. Flood every event and sales at the store and voila - A country that allegedly likes their own beer...
    I hardly see people I know drinking Blue anymore. I swear it use to be Blue or Canadian for the most part. Now Its so often Bud, Bud Light, Coors ...and for others its Craft beer. How did these Big American brands take over the dominate Canadian, Blue and Keiths that I swear use to be what everybody was drinking!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    They brought in that policy last season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone surpsied this season they are just handing you your beer in a can and not pouring it into a cup anymore?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Anyone surpsied this season they are just handing you your beer in a can and not pouring it into a cup anymore?
    Yes and i don't see it lasting too long.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    its that or they ran out of big size cups. I was also told no large right by 112 probably as the kickoff just occurred, I just assumed they meant sold out of large because that happened to me a few times last year. So I don't know.
    My buddy explicitly asked and they said it was stadium-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They brought in that policy last season
    Could be - I can't remember ever buying a large beer myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case anyone doesn't know, Budweiser "America" will only be available in the US. So you don't have to worry about seeing the brand here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was also surprised that I got a water bottle with the cap left on Saturday. Not sure if that's a new policy, or just a matter of training & experience for vendors, considering the construction was hardly done for Saturday?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I was also surprised that I got a water bottle with the cap left on Saturday. Not sure if that's a new policy, or just a matter of training & experience for vendors, considering the construction was hardly done for Saturday?
    Yeah I'd say training.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya it probably does do well... every bar that has a beer special seams to have it on bud/bud light/coors etc so they pump through a good volume.
    I think this has to do with the company paying for the promotion.

For example, the Firkin on King has steins available on Thursdays at a discounted rate - they serve the typical domestics and a couple of other beers in the steins but only those beers. If you ask for a different beer in a stein that night, they won't give it to you because the company is essentially paying for the special. At least, that's how it was a year or so ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and i don't see it lasting too long.
    someone already through a beer on field, didnt they?

some ruin it for the rest of us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    someone already through a beer on field, didnt they?

some ruin it for the rest of us
    Yes someone threw one on the field at the RC game vs LA, no idea about sat as i wasn't at the game. In general it just a terrible idea and says to me that the people making food and beverage decisions have no idea what they are doing.
    Last edited by Pint; 05-11-2016 at 01:22 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes someone threw one on the field at the RC game vs LA, no idea about sat as i wasn't at the game. In general it just a terrible idea and says to me that the perple making food and beverage decisions have no idea what they are doing.
    There was definitely a can in the six yard box.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes someone threw one on the field at the RC game vs LA, no idea about sat as i wasn't at the game. In general it just a terrible idea and says to me that the people making food and beverage decisions have no idea what they are doing.
    And considering how many rained down from the 500 level at the ALDS after the Russel Martin call, I can't believe anyone thinks it a good idea. Even the Rogers Centre still sells their beer in the can after that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I hardly see people I know drinking Blue anymore. I swear it use to be Blue or Canadian for the most part. Now Its so often Bud, Bud Light, Coors ...and for others its Craft beer. How did these Big American brands take over the dominate Canadian, Blue and Keiths that I swear use to be what everybody was drinking!!
    The big brands own the Canadian breweries now. InBev owns both Bud and Labatts. Molson and Coors are under the same ownership.

It's not competition or domination - its marketing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Saves pouring time, probably. Faster through the lineup etc. Way fewer plastic cups. Hopefully it lasts and is not ruined by those who throw them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The big brands own the Canadian breweries now. InBev owns both Bud and Labatts. Molson and Coors are under the same ownership.

It's not competition or domination - its marketing.
    I know all the beer takeovers and what not, its just weird to see how Canadians loyalty to a certain beer (for example some people would always drink Blue, others always Canadian) all of a sudden have shifted to more original less tasting Big American Brands like Bud Light. I prefer the craft beer model tho, don't support any single brewery locally, but do stay loyal to drinking good tasting beer, and supporting some local craft breweries is a bonus!