Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    All For One, at the end of the day we are all here for the same reason, to support TFC and the 11 lads that take the pitch in the different ways that each of us want within reason of course. No one supporter is better than the other.

By the way this beer bickering is a joke , just drink up and enjoy if it's at Joe's, BMO Field, a brown paper bag etc !!
    The following largely isn't directed at you CB - just an ongoing exasperation at people who need to get over themselves, and using your post as the soapbox:

If people want to talk about the beer selection at BMO, then let them. What drives me nuts is when threads devolve into bickering among people who don't care about the topic in the first place, needling the people who do as fools who need to shut up and get over it.

How about this: If you don't care about the subject at hand, then just leave the thread alone, and if if no one cares, it will die a natural death all on it's own. If it survives, then it continues to be one, easily ignored thread title among dozens.

The juvenile drama that occasionally goes on here, is prematurely aging me. Who knew cheering for the local soccer team carried with it so much pointless melodrama, feckless antagonism, and soporific fights between people and groups who are ostensibly dedicated to the same, almost painfully simple goal to support some guys playing soccer.

Yeesh.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer, beer, beer, bed, bed, bed.

Not one for all, but both for all!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Mill Street is there, so will Brickworks Cider, another craft sell-out. Don't bother trying to support faux-local options, if you want to drink, just drink what you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man... BMO would be lucky to have Brickworks...

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Truth , thank you ! for returning the discussion from Mars . A glass is raised . Simply love trying all craft beers because anyone who goes to the trouble of making their own brew deserves a taste . In Columbus I enjoyed the two craft beers on tap at the kiosk near the away stands . It was dark and heavily hopped , unusual . Great price and potent ! I mean what does it take , 2 guys with kegs , not really stealing too many sales from the 'major' Brewers .
    I had a couple of glasses of some stuff in Columbus that was very heavily hopped. I really liked it, but I'm a fan of the overly hopped American style Pale Ales. It was called 3 Frogs, if I remember correctly...appropriate name for a very hoppy beer!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    The following largely isn't directed at you CB - just an ongoing exasperation at people who need to get over themselves, and using your post as the soapbox:

If people want to talk about the beer selection at BMO, then let them. What drives me nuts is when threads devolve into bickering among people who don't care about the topic in the first place, needling the people who do as fools who need to shut up and get over it.

How about this: If you don't care about the subject at hand, then just leave the thread alone, and if if no one cares, it will die a natural death all on it's own. If it survives, then it continues to be one, easily ignored thread title among dozens.

The juvenile drama that occasionally goes on here, is prematurely aging me. Who knew cheering for the local soccer team carried with it so much pointless melodrama, feckless antagonism, and soporific fights between people and groups who are ostensibly dedicated to the same, almost painfully simple goal to support some guys playing soccer.

Yeesh.
    Brilliant!
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/beer

A contribution to my favorite thread. Breathe easy, the bud light lime o Rita is back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Mills Streets including 100th Meridian plus the Brickworks Cider

Best we can really hope for with InBev.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I'm happy. It's gonna cost me though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Mill St West Coast Style IPA is pretty good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    The Mill St West Coast Style IPA is pretty good.
    It isn't like the Goose Bay one though is it? Every sip from that IPA was like getting slapped in the face with a wet, mesh glove stuffed with hops.

Kind of sad to see Honkers go but 100th Meridian will fill the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It isn't like the Goose Bay one though is it? Every sip from that IPA was like getting slapped in the face with a wet, mesh glove stuffed with hops.

Kind of sad to see Honkers go but 100th Meridian will fill the spot.
    I enjoy Goose Island IPA. Mill St. is more citrusy (think grapefruit) but it's still a hop bomb. West Coast IPAs are extremely hoppy. If you didn't like Goose Island IPA you won't like this one either. I really like Honkers too. Sad to see it go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like I'm back just drinking bud again. It would be nice to see Tennents or Creemore lot 9
    Last edited by nascarguy; 05-04-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    looks like I'm back just drinking bud again. It would be nice to see Tennents or Creemore lot 9
    Creemore is owned by Molson now so that won't be happening. Tennent's is no longer owned by AB-InBev so I doubt it would be coming anytime soon either.
    Last edited by akoto; 05-04-2016 at 08:11 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was impressed. Mill Street Products were everywhere including some of the in seat vendors. Organic on tap. Lots of the cider available. I saw more people with Mill Street stuff in their hands then not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goose Island was still there, I thought that was going?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I saw on tap was the Bud, and that Stella/Shocktop vendor at the top behind 112 (and presumably some of those elsewhere). Was there anything else that was convenient? I grabbed a can of Tankhouse from that "beer store" behind 110.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    If Mill Street is there, so will Brickworks Cider, another craft sell-out. Don't bother trying to support faux-local options, if you want to drink, just drink what you like.
    I personally wasn't a big fan of Mill Street, I also was not surprised at all when they got purchased, I knew it was a matter of time for Mill Street to get taken over. They weren't bad beers, they had a few good beers for the style and once in a while a tasty interesting beer, but I like more hoppy, more adventurous, more Belgium's or sours or wild beers or Big flavoured IPA's, Mill Street had more British like mellow styles of beers or more malty like beers, for the most part not to adventurous (tho there new West Cost IPA isn't bad) but I know people call them sell-outs now....but imagine working and building a business, working your ass off for many years, and then after years of work you get offered a truck load of cash by a big brewer. Hey maybe at retire age id take the money and run. Its not that easy to refuse the money. You could retire and still make beer at home for fun.

A lot of craft beers are getting taken over by the big brewers now. I don't mind if big brewers do if the craft brewery continues to make the good beers they use to make, and also continue to come out with new stuff. The part I hate about the big brewers is to often they take over a craft brewery but then continue making the old good beers, but stop or slow down on coming out with new beers.
    Last edited by james; 05-08-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I don't mind if big brewers do if the craft brewery continues to make the good beers they use to make, and also continue to come out with new stuff.
    Sadly, under threat from craft, Big Beer is buying them not to innovate and produce "new stuff", but to retain their market dominance. Once a former craft brewer is part of that profit driven machine, their original brand philosophy becomes a co-opted and an essentially disposable marketing tool. If you can't discern Labatt's new watered down formula of Mill Street Organic (and others like Lowenbrau) from their originals, welcome to the InBev machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they still have Goose island by 127 and 116

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    they still have Goose island by 127 and 116
    I was happy to see that. Although its now "big beer" I like honkers and their IPA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be interesting with it being possible that some at BMO this summer will be drinking "America" even though we are in Canada.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-this-summer/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Will be interesting with it being possible that some at BMO this summer will be drinking "America" even though we are in Canada.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-this-summer/

If by interesting you mean a stupid idea, yes, yes. Very "interesting" indeed.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AB marketing is just being aggressively stupid now. First the ads shitting on the smaller brewers and now this. Maybe they are trying to be named the official beer of the Trump administration. They can get in the fucking sea or get shot into the sun, their choice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    AB marketing is just being aggressively stupid now. First the ads shitting on the smaller brewers and now this. Maybe they are trying to be named the official beer of the Trump administration. They can get in the fucking sea or get shot into the sun, their choice.

Yeah, what bullies, they seem to have a with us ie we buy you, against us mentality.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If by interesting you mean a stupid idea, yes, yes. Very "interesting" indeed.
    I just find marketing and how companies approach it interesting, like why would anyone do this, but people making big bucks still forge ahead. The branding is even more of a bigger thing at BMO now that they handing you your beer in the can. Still not sure what I think about that, but that's another discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much different than most mass market CPG companies - to the comment about the us vs you mentality.

The marketing decision in this case has nothing to do with us or canada really, in terms of market size and potential they probably sell more bud in NY state than they do in all of canada.
    Last edited by Pint; 05-10-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, now we'll have America plastered all over the North End. Worse than any Argo sightings.

I heard Bud Light will be renamed Canada.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Not much different than most mass market CPG companies - to the comment about the us vs you mentality.

The marketing decision in this case has nothing to do with us or canada really, in terms of market size and potential they probably sell more bud in NY state than they do in all of canada.
    It's possible but I've heard in the past it's the best selling beer in Canada. I'd say most of it has to do with placement and price. Flood every event and sales at the store and voila - A country that allegedly likes their own beer...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It's possible but I've heard in the past it's the best selling beer in Canada. I'd say most of it has to do with placement and price. Flood every event and sales at the store and voila - A country that allegedly likes their own beer...
    I've worked for a major consumer packaged goods company in sales strategy in the past and you can look at a ton of different metrics to determine "best sales". You could have 10 different people claiming the same thing and all of them technically being correct.