Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone can find video of the reverse angle of the Davies penalty shout I'll appreciate it. I checked the MLS Live full match and the American broadcast didn't show it. TSN showed it only once but it's not in the highlight package TFC posted, they only showed the zoomed-in angle from the same side as the broadcast camera (Osorio's body blocks the ball so it looks really bad from that angle). During the live broadcast TSN showed an angle from behind that showed Davies' back and I swore while seeing it (only once) during the game that Bradley got his foot on the ball and poked it before clattering into Davies. I think the ref saw this too because you can see him immediately point to the ball after the challenge and as players go flying everywhere. I'm pretty sure it was a great desperation tackle from Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Never.....watch the replays it's clear gio slipped on shit turf
    TSN had an angle from behind the goal where it did look like Giovinco's striking foot was clipped by Koffie's leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    TSN had an angle from behind the goal where it did look like Giovinco's striking foot was clipped by Koffie's leg.
    ya, it looked like his foot was planted firmly, then Koffie just touch him and it gave way. not enough for PK in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    ya, it looked like his foot was planted firmly, then Koffie just touch him and it gave way. not enough for PK in my opinion
    For me, I think Koffie's knee disturbed Gio motion kicking the ball. Not sure if that's enough for a penalty but it could be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this the same shot that GIO was almost parallel with the ground when he took the shot?

i remember reacting to that when watching the game and thought it was a penalty. He did kind of fall over out of no where

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't contact a player's feet/legs when they're mid-shot. Even the slightest contact, if illegal, is still a foul. The problem is, in real time, it's hard to see if contact is even made- so we think he tripped over his feet. Then we see the slow motion replay, where you can see contact, but because it has to be slowed down a lot to see, the effect of the contact looks very weak. So we then think that it's a dive or that it's not strong enough to cause someone to trip.

We need to take account both replays when making the final assessment.