Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 down, 3 to go. That's my match report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our lack of width today really hurt us. Osorio and Delgado are not wingers, they're both slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much better defense compared to last year, plus a reliable keeper. We're getting choked at mid, hoping that'll change as the team chemistry builds and players find each other up the field more. We need a solid winger to play opposite side of Morrow since he runs up. Lovitz can't be a starter. Delgado/Endoh will make do on Morrow's side.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the best game, for sure. Pretty poor first half, better for some time during the second, just holding on at the end.

First time this year the bad MLS officiating went in TFC'S favour.

1 point more on a brutality long road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just absolutely love that we should have lost - but got a result

f#%king beautiful

makes my weekend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's impressing me so far is the calm the team is showing in possession. I'm not saying 100% perfect, far from it, but they're taking time, making short accurate passes more often the heaving it down the pitch.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Fine. I get it. However, with 3 designated players on the team, one considered the finest in league history, a solid new defensive corp, the addition of a few seasoned MLS players, when, exactly, does not his team begin to play like one deserving of the accolades, and pre-season hype? How much better does the squad have to be, to consistently remain in the upper tier of MLS? This, is what bugs me. The team keeps adding better players, but the on field product, barely moves.
    I don't know how you saw that in the first three games. We had the best shape defensively in years, likely ever, and still carried a sting offensively. Last two games , not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article says "However, the assistant referee on that side does not appear to be in any position to be able to see if the ball is over the line or not."

This is Bull shit.

I don't really like screenshots when it comes to fouls because you don't see the whole story.

But, in the case of somebody saying the AR was out of position, the above indicates that is categorically false.

I can't tell from that angle if it is out. BUT, the AR has a pretty darn good view of the line, with nobody between him and the player and the player in the air when he kicks the ball.

If an AR is "out of position" when he's two feet more forward then in line, that's a standard that is impossible to reach.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-09-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we're talking dubious calls and how the Revs were robbed, this looks like a penalty to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand they are on the road but they have to play a more consistent game, that game could have easily been a loss by 2 or three goals. No excuses if this team does not finish in a position where it gets itself a playoff home game then this season will be considered another failed season like basically all the others. They have shown signs so far that they may be capable of finishing very high in the standings , however, they have also shown signs that they may be the same old TFC of the past also, let's hope that the signs that they are new and improved finally prevails in the end.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 04-10-2016 at 05:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless the AR is standing on the line, he can't possibly tell if the ball is "an inch" out of bounds. The AR is out of position, though it's likely impossible for him to be in position. AR should have let this goal stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    If we're talking dubious calls and how the Revs were robbed, this looks like a penalty to me...

I was looking for a good angle of this. Again the NE feed showed really quick replays with Mariner the clown saying how there was nothing there. I had a feeling he caught the shooting foot. Reminds me of the penalty given in the world cup between greece and cote d'ivoire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's a TFC goal we say that ball is in and the ref is wrong calling it out. Sorry but no way he can tell from that position if that's in or out. We got away with one, or 3 or 4, these refs are just awful.

Dom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early in the season, I am not that thrilled by points earned in games where we were outplayed, nor am I bothered by points lost when we were outplayed.

Seems to me we have only played well once in five games (at KC).
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Unless the AR is standing on the line, he can't possibly tell if the ball is "an inch" out of bounds. The AR is out of position, though it's likely impossible for him to be in position. AR should have let this goal stand.
    I don't know. When he's around 18 yards away and no more than 1-2 yards off the line? That's a fairly gradual angle, it shouldn't be too distorted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That article says "However, the assistant referee on that side does not appear to be in any position to be able to see if the ball is over the line or not."

This is Bull shit.

Good pic.

In live action, I thought they blew the call, but if I had to make a call based on this pic only, I'd say that ball is out, based on where Koffie's left foot is.

Of course this pic isn't definitive because of lack of straight line perspective (parallax, etc)
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Early in the season, I am not that thrilled by points earned in games where we were outplayed, nor am I bothered by points lost when we were outplayed.

Seems to me we have only played well once in five games (at KC).
    We absolutely played well in the opener vs. Red Bulls. Defending and countering isn't sexy, but we carried out the game plan pretty much perfectly, no denying that.

The other 3 games have been mixed. Good and bad moments in all of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't know. When he's around 18 yards away and no more than 1-2 yards off the line? That's a fairly gradual angle, it shouldn't be too distorted.
    Imagine trying to judge an offside call from this position. Impossible.

The AR guessed. Which is fine. Most referees guess in certain moments throughout a match.

That's why video review will be here eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Good pic.

In live action, I thought they blew the call, but if I had to make a call based on this pic only, I'd say that ball is out, based on where Koffie's left foot is.

Of course this pic isn't definitive because of lack of straight line perspective (parallax, etc)
    I agree. The ball is clearly out on this picture and the AR had a much better angle than this photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post

Never.....watch the replays it's clear gio slipped on shit turf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Imagine trying to judge an offside call from this position. Impossible.

The AR guessed. Which is fine. Most referees guess in certain moments throughout a match.

That's why video review will be here eventually.
    god lets hope not. It's a stalking horse for advertising breaks. Then all will be lost.

And on this play, surely the ball must be out if the players left foot is on the line and his right foot is playing the ball? Unless he was leaning at a 45 degree angle, the ball couldn't be in.

on a separate topic, Kurt do you have any observations about why Nyguen gives us such fits, or the general tactical battle with NE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

This is Bull shit.

I don't really like screenshots when it comes to fouls because you don't see the whole story.

But, in the case of somebody saying the AR was out of position, the above indicates that is categorically false.

I can't tell from that angle if it is out. BUT, the AR has a pretty darn good view of the line, with nobody between him and the player and the player in the air when he kicks the ball.

If an AR is "out of position" when he's two feet more forward then in line, that's a standard that is impossible to reach.

Just gonna shine in here...my opinion strictly based on what I see in the image.

You can see that the NE player's left foot is planted right on the end line, with the center of his body slightly over the line. His right foot is clearly at least 12-15 inches to the right of his left foot at the time he strikes the ball.

Clearly this is a no-goal to me. AR not "in position" because his balls of steel were clearly weighing him down too much.

Great call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Never.....watch the replays it's clear gio slipped on shit turf
    I've watched the sequence numerous times and his pivot foot was planted fine from what I see. I also think that Seba is an honest player based on his actions last year. Take that for what it is. If he slipped, he would have probably got up and kicked the post or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they played not too lose again...im sick of this i wanna save my job soccer..lets see when we play at home if he opens it up.because right now is its GIO and 9 DMs.hi BENITO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    they played not too lose again...im sick of this i wanna save my job soccer..lets see when we play at home if he opens it up.because right now is its GIO and 9 DMs.hi BENITO.
    you understand that we took out a central midfielder and put in another forward for this game, right? we were over worked in midfield because Vanney opted to try and let the guys go at them for the first 25 minutes. We only started playing better once we dropped Gio back into the AM role and made it an even game in midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No i fell asleep 20 min into the game...and the other forward is barely usl quality.so he doesnt add much offence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's no point anymore. That's just a ridiculous comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

relax my friend...jus some fun banter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, well then. Not my first time with egg on my face.

cue the obligatory commment 'the internet is a poor medium for sarcasm, banter and or nuance' etc etc etc