0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore off for Babouli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best part of that goal is it was done in such a badass manner...Altidore showing his talent. Giovinco...our reliable superstar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson's work rate is incredible. That's two counter-attacks he's shut down single-handedly this half.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally bailed out on that Bunbury non PK call
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    totally bailed out on that Bunbury non PK call
    Glad someone mentioned it. Between the non-call, the deflection and Morrow not receiving at least a yellow, that's quite possibly the most fortunate 60 second stretch this team has ever had. I think they deserve it too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There we go. 70 minutes, does the job. Mo time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really liking Terry Dunfield? as commentator. He's got some interesting analysis
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not Terry Dunfield that's Janusz Michalik from ESPN, and, yes, he's always good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    That's not Terry Dunfield that's Janusz Michalik from ESPN, and, yes, he's always good.
    oh cool.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba should have put that throughball for Oso... gah

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team looks a million times better right now than they did earlier.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba almost scores after skinning 2 Revs defenders. So close

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson has has been great in the 2nd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the game is on, but I need everyone to drop what their doing to acknowledge Kyle Becker scored a goal today.

Expect the asteroid to hit earth within 24 hours.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That non call for Davies could have been a PK too, barging in from behind on Davies

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looked like a goal to me.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played well in 2nd half, but lucky to get a draw IMO

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got away with one there.

Literally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost had a heart attack there. Can't say it was deserved but the team's luck was bound to even out. This team has finally fixed the center back situation, now they need some wing players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what, start the car. By the skin of their teeth they escaped with a point. Those final ten minutes were hard to watch, so many mistakes and no balance in the mid. Don't think that was a PK on Bradley though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so good. Shaky times at the back. Maybe a penalty or two should have went for New England - but we deserve some decisions in our favour too. The worst we've looked his year, though. So wasteful in possession - if we're going to build through the middle, we need to link together more than a couple passes - these pointless aerial balls into the middle aren't doing us any favours. But hey, any point on the road is a good one.

Irwin - 7 - No mistakes on his end. A couple good saves.
    Beitashour - 6 - Was solely at blame for the Revs goal, made some great challenges in the box as the game progressed to make up for it.
    Perquis - 6 - Nothing spectacular but solid again from Perquis.
    Moor - 6 - Very legitimate shout for a penalty on a bad tackle, otherwise okay.
    Morrow - 6 - Little to do.
    Delgado - 5 - Trouble linking passes, often throwing things into the air and hoping. Not a great job tracking back or going forward.
    Bradley - 7 - Makes things tick in the midfield. Maybe too many negative passes, but rarely gives up possession.
    Johnson - 7 - Another hard nosed performance. Links well with Bradley. Should finish better.
    Osorio - 6 - Played Giovinco in well for what should have been a goal, other than that he was quiet.
    Giovinco - 7 - Scored, but had trouble in this one. Should have scored in the first half but made a mess of it. Looked dangerous at times in the second half.
    Altidore - 6 - Doesn't always look motivated, but better in the second half. Good hold up play for the assist and to set up a chance for Johnson.

Subs
    Babouli (For Altidore, 70') - 5 - Early days but hasn't looked MLS quality for me, yet.
    Morgan (For Delgado, 84')

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Very solid. He does a lot of Revs games, he is part of the local setup there. At least he used to be.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Tell you what, start the car. By the skin of their teeth they escaped with a point. Those final ten minutes were hard to watch, so many mistakes and no balance in the mid. Don't think that was a PK on Bradley though.
    Very lucky today. Very lucky on a couple of calls, a deflection. We were disjointed for most of the day. Beitashour had a howler, Bradley's passing was atrocious, and Osorio looks very poor going back. Jozy was awful until he set up the goal, which is sort of his MO I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a point gifted to us due to poor MLS officiating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Very solid. He does a lot of Revs games, he is part of the local setup there. At least he used to be.
    Not anymore. I'm watching the Revs and its Mariner now. And he's as astute at color as being a head coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We got away with one there.

Literally.

Start the car!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can count ourselves lucky.....ref bailed us out.....good point!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damien Perquis was a monster today proving to be worth every penny

Moor on the other hand was very shaky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got the better of the luck with the calls today. Probably escaped with a point in the end, but as far as I'm concerned it's luck we earned after getting screwed over in the last 3 games.

Vanney needs to burn the plans for whatever that first 25 minutes were. It was a decent performance otherwise. Carried a good amount of play in the 2nd half (those last 7-8 minutes though, man that was nerve-racking).

Still have some concerns about our chance creation. Have to keep in mind these are all road games... still, something to keep an eye on.

Bradley MotM. Hot garbage first 25 minutes (as was everyone) but after that he was massive defensively. Completely shut down Nguyen in the 2nd half, had a ton of key tackles and interceptions. Irwin with a fantastic performance as well, another worthy choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Very lucky today. Very lucky on a couple of calls, a deflection. We were disjointed for most of the day. Beitashour had a howler, Bradley's passing was atrocious, and Osorio looks very poor going back. Jozy was awful until he set up the goal, which is sort of his MO I guess.

Beitashour had a touch and go play with Johnson were he tapped it back to Johnson and then fucking stopped playing!

He didn't want the ball back?!? What the fuck is that?