Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should have lost this. 2 no calls and a good goal called offside. Jozy needs to not miss free headers from 5 yards. How many millions are we wasting on him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irwin's distribution is just soooooooooo much better then what we have seen apart from Cesar. And his positioning is solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    we should have lost this. 2 no calls and a good goal called offside. Jozy needs to not miss free headers from 5 yards. How many millions are we wasting on him.
    he got the assist on the goal today. Had to track down a ball, hold off two guys, then make the right decision the play the pass into the oncoming Seba instead of shooting. Put in a proper shift imo in his first start back. It wasn't amazing, but it's a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Damien Perquis was a monster today proving to be worth every penny

Moor on the other hand was very shaky
    +1. Great distribution.

I'd also like to point out that Irwin now has more successful passes this year than Bendik had in his 73 games here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irwin,perquis and Johnson my picks. All three had solid games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 shot on target vs 8 against, take the point and run. We have to create more chances, our wide players especially haven't offered anything going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    +1. Great distribution.

I'd also like to point out that Irwin now has more successful passes this year than Bendik had in his 73 games here.

Wow.

Didn't know that. That says a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Can count ourselves lucky.....ref bailed us out.....good point!
    Yeah that was a foul from bradley in the box that should have been a NE penalty. Very lucky to come out with a point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    The point was that all teams are this shit on the road in MLS. going into this game we had four points from four games, half way to 8 in 8 and we could have had more. The idea that we're an outlier in our shitness is devoid of reality. so your extrapolating consequences of our play in the first four games are is a useless exercise, as you're drawing from false premises. Because we aren't going playing totally proactive, world conquering winning football right now doesn't mean that won't happen in the future. Do i really need to explain this?
    Fine. I get it. However, with 3 designated players on the team, one considered the finest in league history, a solid new defensive corp, the addition of a few seasoned MLS players, when, exactly, does not his team begin to play like one deserving of the accolades, and pre-season hype? How much better does the squad have to be, to consistently remain in the upper tier of MLS? This, is what bugs me. The team keeps adding better players, but the on field product, barely moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our attack was really isolated until Seba was basically allowed to free roam and link up play.
    Honestly not having any kind of pace on the wings or as an alternative a proper AM is going to make creating chances tough.

Playing a 4 4 2 with welfare wingers will never work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the word was out on us to clog the midfield and to force the play to the wings, where we lack any good options since middle of last year - looks like the same tatic is being used against us still as we haven't done anything about our wing play!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Fine. I get it. However, with 3 designated players on the team, one considered the finest in league history, a solid new defensive corp, the addition of a few seasoned MLS players, when, exactly, does not his team begin to play like one deserving of the accolades, and pre-season hype? How much better does the squad have to be, to consistently remain in the upper tier of MLS? This, is what bugs me. The team keeps adding better players, but the on field product, barely moves.
    When we go home. That's when you'll see the noticeable improvement. until then we're just playing game to game, building on small things and trying to get by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I should be happy with a point from a venue that's traditionally been unfavourable to us, but again I cant help feel this side is underachieving. They do deserve some credit today for organizing themselves and fighting back after a dreadful opening 20 minutes, but the question remains why they were so poor out of the blocks.

Id like to see Cheyrou back in the side and regardless of what he wants, Michael Bradley playing further forward. I think we can afford to line up with one of Osorio/Delgado/Lovitz/Endoh in the side, but they are still essentially rookies and their inexperience is evident whenever we start more than one of them. I also have to say the jury is still out for me on both Beitashour and Johnston, both have been far from convincing thus far.

So here we are five games in and we are averaging a point a game which most would have deemed acceptable given the killer road trip start to the season. However that is two relatively weak sides we have faced recently and we should have done far better than one point out of six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    When we go home. That's when you'll see the noticeable improvement. until then we're just playing game to game, building on small things and trying to get by.
    It really doesnt seem that way. Our home form hasnt been noticeably different from our away form. A break in constant travel however will be beneficial
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 04-09-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post

So here we are five games in and we are averaging a point a game which most would have deemed acceptable given the killer road trip start to the season. However that is two relatively weak sides we have faced recently and we should have done far better than one point out of six.
    But we played a man down the entire game in Colorado. Expecting more from that game is beyond reasonable imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're in the middle of an 8 game road trip. So to answer your question... when we have 8 road games and 8 home games we can reassess.

The road record of MLS teams in general due to the league parity is not good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really can't imagine Morrow escaping punishment for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NE aren't a weak team. Their squad is underperforming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    There really is no evidence in recent seasons to back that up. Our home form hasnt been noticeably different from our away form. At least it seems that way. A break in constant travel however will be beneficial
    What? yes it has. look it up. we went 11-5-1 at home and 4-10-2 away last year.

Also the first- 10-12 games in every MLS season are about teams figuring out their shit. New Jersey only won 4 of their first 14 games last year before going on a scorched earth run to the supporters shield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on our run of bad luck the first few games, we deserved a point out of this one.

MLS is a tough league in which to earn results on the road, so 5 points at this point isn't too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis is a beast. I guess Jozy's assist negates the rest of his uselessness?
    Jackson would've been nice on the wings...better than Delgado or Oso there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Takes players a while to jell together.

2. TFC have improved player roster wise, but so has most of the other teams. It's not like the rest of the league is standing still while TFC gets new guys.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Perquis is a beast. I guess Jozy's assist negates the rest of his uselessness?
    Jackson would've been nice on the wings...better than Delgado or Oso there.
    One good play (well, he had like 3 decent plays in 2nd half) doesn't change the fact that he was suppose to hold up and create space for Gio. Altidore was suppose to take the battering so that Seba didn't have to.

Instead, Altidore played a poacher role esp in 1st half.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    It wasn't called off for offside. The assistant called it for the ball going out before it was played back into the middle. From the two quick replays shown by the NE feed, it was hard to tell whether or not it was a good call. The camera angles were horrible. It's possible it did, but also possible it didn't. You'd need a camera on the line to tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    1. Takes players a while to jell together.

2. TFC have improved player roster wise, but so has most of the other teams. It's not like the rest of the league is standing still while TFC gets new guys.

Yeah the league is improving very steadily... fuck, LA Galaxy have really put a team together. How do they get it under the salary cap?!?

Anyway, we are a middle of the pack team IMO with all the improvements other teams have made as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Really can't imagine Morrow escaping punishment for this.
    Per the box score he did get it. In the NE feed they mentioned it was given to him after the goal was scored. They must have let play go on due to advantage for NE?

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...to-fc/boxscore
    Last edited by PAOK17; 04-09-2016 at 05:51 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    One good play (well, he had like 3 decent plays in 2nd half) doesn't change the fact that he was suppose to hold up and create space for Gio. Altidore was suppose to take the battering so that Seba didn't have to.

Instead, Altidore played a poacher role esp in 1st half.

Agreed. He needs to reduce trying the flicks and stuff and get banging like he was in preseason. He has a great touch yes, but he tries to use it too often. Needs to keep it simple sometimes. He is at his best when he can make quick direct passes.

About the ball out on their goal. The one shot shows the linesman right on the corner spot - if he missed that, he's incompetent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never cussed so much watching a TFC game. we had no business getting a point today. We had 60% possession in the first half but that mostly spent passing backwards all the way to Irwin. They need to run with the ball much more. The ref gave us that point today. I guess Garber has finally started to feel sorry for us and told the refs we get the breaks from now on. We certainly won't win on our own. Not playing Greg Vanney football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I've never cussed so much watching a TFC game. we had no business getting a point today. We had 60% possession in the first half but that mostly spent passing backwards all the way to Irwin. They need to run with the ball much more. The ref gave us that point today. I guess Garber has finally started to feel sorry for us and told the refs we get the breaks from now on. We certainly won't win on our own. Not playing Greg Vanney football.
    It's natural for teams to play conservatively on the road. It's frustrating to watch because of our schedule to start the season. I'm sure that Vanney will loosen the reins a bit when we get back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Per the box score he did get it. In the NE feed they mentioned it was given to him after the goal was scored. They must have let play go on due to advantage for NE?

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...to-fc/boxscore
    Huh, didn't realize that. Still, the disciplinary committee has no problem with suspending players for challenges that were given a yellow but they felt were red-worthy, so he could still be suspended.