Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC II 2016 Season Discussion

TFC II kicks off their USL season tomorrow. Good opportunity for a look at the squad as TFC is off this weekend.

Schedule: http://www.torontofc.ca/tfcII/schedule

Current roster: http://www.torontofc.ca/players/squad/tfcii

Some notes on the roster this year:

Of our late round draft picks this year, we signed Mitchell Taintor (DEF, 3rd round, 59th overall) and Brian James (MID, 4th round, 80th overall) to USL contracts. Darius Madison (ST, 4th round, 70th overall) was released. Some players to keep an eye on this year (excluding first-team loans) are Wesley Charpie (CB/RB), Raheem Edwards (LM/LW), Skylar Thomas (CB), and Luca Uccello (ST).

As per last year, all USL games are available to stream for free over Youtube. TFC II plays New York Red Bulls II tomorrow at 3pm at Red Bull Arena.
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-26-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First piece of news, as TFC is off this weekend they've loaned Bono, Bloom, Mannella and Babouli to TFC II for the match tomorrow.

I would guess Babouli and Bloom will likely return to TFC for the match vs. Colorado, while Bono and Mannella will probably stay longer. Note as well Hamilton wasn't loaned since he's with the U-20s this weekend, they play England on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    TFC II kicks off their USL season tomorrow. Good opportunity for a look at the squad as TFC is off this weekend.

Schedule: http://www.torontofc.ca/tfcII/schedule

Current roster: http://www.torontofc.ca/players/squad/tfcii

Some notes on the roster this year:

Of our late round draft picks this year, we signed Mitchell Taintor (DEF, 3rd round, 59th overall) and Brian James (MID, 4th round, 80th overall) to USL contracts. Darius Madison (ST, 4th round, 70th overall) was released. Some players to keep an eye on this year (excluding first-team loans) are Wesley Charpie (CB/RB), Raheem Edwards (LM), Skylar Thomas (CB), and Luca Uccello (ST).

As per last year, all USL games are available to stream for free over Youtube. TFC II plays New York Red Bulls II tomorrow at 3pm at Red Bull Arena.
    From what I saw last year Charpie is really solid I'm tempted to rate him above Bloom

On another note nice to see Stevie Furlano on the squad I remember him from when I was at Barrie SC
    Last edited by portu; 03-25-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uccello is nursing an injury so he's out, not sure about Charpie but I'd guess the same. I like the harmony between the second and first team, TFC has switched to a 4-3-3 and so TFC II has done the same.

Stream will go live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x17s_aEP-xs
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-26-2016 at 01:53 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raheem Edwards scores off the feed from Babouli, well worked team goal from a throw in: https://streamable.com/vkya

2-0, Skylar Thomas with the goal: https://streamable.com/zds4
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-26-2016 at 03:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloom looking good at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic first half performance with two great goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 for TFC at half. Goals by Edwards and Thomas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great touch for Thomas' goal. TFCII not looking much better than RBs except when it comes to finishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono is looking weak. Cant hold onto much and doesnt cover his near post xD . USL is kind of silly though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah Bono has been decent today. That goal took a deflection off Thomas and wrong footed him, nothing you can do about that. And he saved the PK, unfortunately the rebound came straight out.

Anthony Osorio at LB has been having trouble with Etienne all game and both their goals came down the left side (2nd one the defense fell asleep a bit on a throw in).

Game ends 2-2.
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-26-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah Bono has been decent today. That goal took a deflection off Thomas and wrong footed him, nothing you can do about that. And he saved the PK, unfortunately the rebound came straight out.

Anthony Osorio at LB has been having trouble with Etienne all game and both their goals came down the left side (2nd one the defense fell asleep a bit on a throw in).
    I don't agree at all. He has to cover his near post. The deflection was minimal and on the pk if you cant hold it you parry it out not back in. Bad goalkeeping

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I don't agree at all. He has to cover his near post. The deflection was minimal and on the pk if you cant hold it you parry it out not back in. Bad goalkeeping
    reacting going one way then trying to go another way is really hard. split second decision and the ball was traveling pretty fast, no matter how little the deflection.

even getting a hand on a PK is hard, and it's not like you can control where it's being deflected from such a short distance
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but no. Look at the zoomed in replay on the Thomas goal, he's following the angle of the shot and leaning to his right just as Thomas knicks it. He correctly read that the shooter was trying to go across the goal. It's just unfortunate. Bono made a ton of saves in the first half, nothing spectacular but good positioning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look better then last season. Progress is all we really want out of this group.

Lets see how they do without the TFC drop downs against somebody like Rochester.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    reacting going one way then trying to go another way is really hard. split second decision and the ball was traveling pretty fast, no matter how little the deflection.

even getting a hand on a PK is hard, and it's not like you can control where it's being deflected from such a short distance

You certanly can and should be able to. Like i said anything not caught is out not back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quality of results may seem better than last year but I feel like the midfield play has taken a massive dip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The quality of results may seem better than last year but I feel like the midfield play has taken a massive dip
    55 showed some quality. The right side from midfield up looked weak, the left side from midfield back was weak. Not much quality in the middle to serve babouli. I was disappointed in Bono for the second half. The penalty call was very weak. Though the USL looks like a don cherry tape vhs from the 90's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 showed some quality. The right side from midfield up looked weak, the left side from midfield back was weak. Not much quality in the middle to serve babouli. I was disappointed in Bono for the second half. The penalty call was very weak. Though the USL looks like a don cherry tape vhs from the 90's.
    I didn't get to see the second half (power outage in Barrie)!but from what I saw Bono was solid and the midfield really didn't have the interplay I loved last year. the midfield was felt so cohesive whenever I watched them last year in the diamond midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 also stood out to me, very tidy in possession. I believe that was Aidan Daniels who is only 17 years old so good stuff from him. Thought Raheem Edwards was tricky on the counter with some good change of pace. Thomas was also solid at the back. Well earned road point against an older Red Bulls team that was one of the better USL clubs last year. I believe they were short handed as well with a few players away with the u20's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if Gabriel Boakye and Marcus Godinho are with the team again this year? They were listed as unaffiliated in the recent U-20 game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    On another note nice to see Stevie Furlano on the squad I remember him from when I was at Barrie SC
    Interesting, I had lost track of him. As a sidenote, I interviewed the Uccellos when they were 14 and asked my contact who at TFC they would project as ones to watch up to the senior team. The other names were Malik Johnson and Steve Furlano ... so maybe we should keep an eye out for him this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody know what they are going to do with Ben Spencer this season.he is a intriguing prospect?
    Last edited by reggie; 03-28-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve furlano is one to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone heading to Montreal to see them take on FC Montreal in a couple weeks.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Interesting, I had lost track of him. As a sidenote, I interviewed the Uccellos when they were 14 and asked my contact who at TFC they would project as ones to watch up to the senior team. The other names were Malik Johnson and Steve Furlano ... so maybe we should keep an eye out for him this season.
    Yeah but he wasn't a fullback he was playing in the middle as a box to box sort of guy. He was head and shoulders above every single one of us guy could rocket a shot from 30 yards in u-12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Does anyone know if Gabriel Boakye and Marcus Godinho are with the team again this year? They were listed as unaffiliated in the recent U-20 game.
    Found both while browsing the TFC Academy team rosters on the TFC website (after learning one of De Rosario's sons is in the academy). Boakye is listed on the League1 Ontario team and Godinho is listed on the PDL team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears they're not yet selling tickets to the general public for the June 15 'school day' game against Montreal. Could they maybe move it to BMO Field in hopes of attracting a few thousand kids instead of a few hundred?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April 6th TFC II Season Seat Holder Ticket Pick Up Event

my details and pictures: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...6/16tfc235.htm