Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal looked quite good against Dallas who were definitely gonna come back with a good response after last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan Morris is probably one of the most one footed players I've seen in a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver got two real soft penalties. They haven't scored from open play in three games. They have stepped back in a big way. Ousted has looked shaky to start the season as well. Robbo wil have a challenge getting them to the playoffs again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the big things behind Vancouver not playing so well -

Laba has been crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    One of the big things behind Vancouver not playing so well -

Laba has been crap.
    What happened to him? Teams figured a workaround?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I'm seeing he's not as aggressive as he has been in the past. He's sitting deeper and when he does make a foray towards an onrushing midfielder/forward, he's not making as many tackles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's missed a chunk of pre-season so let's see if he needs a couple more weeks to get up to speed. He's also had a different partner each week so far with Flores and Morales playing particularly bad on the defensive side of things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess the main point of the Colorado game today is to see who's going to be Tim Howard's understudy come July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
    Montreal looked quite good against Dallas who were definitely gonna come back with a good response after last week.
    I can't see how they looked good vs Dallas by losing 2-0. All the articles I read basically said they got owned for most of the match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From what I'm seeing he's not as aggressive as he has been in the past. He's sitting deeper and when he does make a foray towards an onrushing midfielder/forward, he's not making as many tackles.
    Laba's role with caps is based on working in tandem with another mid in box to box role. He's basically doing work of 2 players defensively bc the other guy either sucks or is morales who doesn't work much defensively
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Union stadium is always an interesting look near that bridge. Too bad not many show up to games in Chester.

A lot of errant passes from both teams. And then there was the diving head whiff that allowed the Union to take a lead. Ilsinho for the Union looks good on their right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    I can't see how they looked good vs Dallas by losing 2-0. All the articles I read basically said they got owned for most of the match.
    Saying they got owned would be an overstatement. Montreal had some good spells throughout the game, just couldn't keep it together towards the end. Still stand by my initial comment, Dallas was the best home team last year and had a strong game after last week's drubbing. If Montreal continues on like this they'll be in the top 3 in the East. Their DMs though both had weaker games.

By contrast, SKC beat Vancouver 2-1 last week and they definitely got owned in the first half even before going down a man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Union goals in the first half came from crosses on the left, let's have Giovinco feeding Altidore when we play the Revs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
    Both Union goals in the first half came from crosses on the left, let's have Giovinco feeding Altidore when we play the Revs.
    Good catch that - we play NER in 2 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make that 3 from the left, last one was a bit different though with the Revs down a man. Philly unable to convert 2 PKs today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Jason de Vos always has such a hard on for Vancouver

If TFC started the season 0-2 then he'd be ripping us to shreds
    Yes, I could not agree more. He always said Vancouver built the team the right way and TFC had all wrong. I believe Vancouver is going to have a tough year. They were fortunate to win. Their first goal was in no way a PK.