Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Who is TFC's mascot?

    http://www.mlssoccer.com/mascot-mania

    I went to vote for this and there's no option for TFC. I thought Bitchy the Hawk was our mascot. Someone needs to let the pointy foreheads at mlssoccer know.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We don't have a mascot... Bitchy isn't technically a mascot

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bitchy is probably our unofficial mascot

  4. #4
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    912
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They surveyed us a few years back - I think most of us said no to a mascot.


    Red Through and Through

    RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/

  5. #5
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would love for the Reds to introduce cheerleaders !!!

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...t-cheerleaders


    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  6. #6
    RPB Member 2018 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,577
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/mascot-mania

    I went to vote for this and there's no option for TFC. I thought Bitchy the Hawk was our mascot. Someone needs to let the pointy foreheads at mlssoccer know.
    Nope to mascots. I gotta say I'm pretty happy to say TFC doesn't have one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would love for the Reds to introduce cheerleaders !!!

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...t-cheerleaders

    So many times Nope.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-17-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    Canada vs St. Kitts & Nevis Nov. 18!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  7. #7
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Columbus is NEVER something to be copied.

  8. #8
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Nope to mascots.



    So many times Nope.
    I know the trational footy supporter would not be into this but to attract the average 20 something guy looking for a fun afternoon out enjoying some cold beers with the boys it could be used from a marketing perspective.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,456
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC's mascot is Shitty the Bed Shitter

  10. #10
    RPB Member 2018 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,577
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I know the trational footy supporter would not be into this but to attract the average 20 something guy looking for a fun afternoon out enjoying some cold beers with the boys it could be used from a marketing perspective.
    So find a cheerleading event. The girls (and boys for that matter) would be so much more appreciative of the support that's actually for them instead of a distraction from a sporting event one can't keep their attention on.

    Your marketing perspective offends me.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-17-2016 at 12:40 PM.
    Canada vs St. Kitts & Nevis Nov. 18!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I know the trational footy supporter would not be into this but to attract the average 20 something guy looking for a fun afternoon out enjoying some cold beers with the boys it could be used from a marketing perspective.
    moxies and earls is going to be forced to change uniform policy, I imagine these cheerleader groups are going to be next

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol thank god we don't have a mascot or cheerleaders.

    Plastic sh** is for plastic fans.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Nope to mascots. I gotta say I'm pretty happy to say TFC doesn't have one.



    So many times Nope.

    Oh for the love of... NO.

    At no point during a game do people need to be distracted by anything.

    Show up get beer, first half, washroom + beer, 2nd half, back to the bar. No TV timeouts, no dead time to be filled

  14. #14
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Oh for the love of... NO.

    At no point during a game do people need to be distracted by anything.

    Show up get beer, first half, washroom + beer, 2nd half, back to the bar. No TV timeouts, no dead time to be filled
    I am just curious how other MLS teams involve their chearleaders into their game presentation and where they are situated with the nature of how footy flows.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  15. #15
    RPB Member Past-President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    112 - RPB
    Posts
    12,907
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am just curious how other MLS teams involve their chearleaders into their game presentation and where they are situated with the nature of how footy flows.
    Its a gimmick used in struggling markets. The game should be the selling point not the entertainment. my two cents
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

    Twitter: @RPBPhil

  16. #16
    Banners/Membership Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So many times Nope.
    FYR, sometimes I am in awe of how eloquent you can be. This sums up my position on this exactly. Up until right now I did not know Columbus had cheerleaders...
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montreal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montreal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montreal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We have bud girls somewhere in stadium or have had in the past, its simply not necessary.

  18. #18
    RPB Member 2018 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,577
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am just curious how other MLS teams involve their chearleaders into their game presentation and where they are situated with the nature of how footy flows.
    What? They've been around since at least 2011. I'm surprised you haven't seen them yet. I remember seeing them at one of the few away stadiums that have them. They were limited in game but have a halftime show.

    literally the first search:

    https://youtu.be/y36uJPwB1DM

    I usually youtube link it but I don't actually want people to see it. If you neeeeeed to know it was 2009 vs Toronto at halftime and it was not something for me. This must be the time I remember seeing them. They were very limited in their role during run of play.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-17-2016 at 01:25 PM.
    Canada vs St. Kitts & Nevis Nov. 18!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  19. #19
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally have never noticed them ever at a MLS game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What? They've been around since at least 2011. I'm surprised you haven't seen them yet. I remember seeing them at one of the few away stadiums that have them. They were limited in game but have a halftime show.

    literally the first search:

    https://youtu.be/y36uJPwB1DM

    I usually youtube link it but I don't actually want people to see it. If you neeeeeed to know it was 2009 vs Toronto at halftime and it was not something for me. This must be the time I remember seeing them. They were very limited in their role during run of play.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  20. #20
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    We have bud girls somewhere in stadium or have had in the past, its simply not necessary.
    Out on the patio before and after the game and around the stadium host when they are announcing a Bud give away, usually about 25 minutes before the game.

    Ignored almost completely.

  21. #21
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It wouldn't matter to me if every other team in the league had them, they will never belong with football to me.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Out on the patio before and after the game and around the stadium host when they are announcing a Bud give away, usually about 25 minutes before the game.

    Ignored almost completely.
    they used to try and lead marches from a couple of the bars around bmo... they may have gotten 10 people at most.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Silly mascots are for kids! and the cheerleaders belong to NFL and CFL games cause the play on the field isn't worth watching so you need something else to look at.

  24. #24
    RPB Member 2018 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    16,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Columbus is NEVER something to be copied.
    ... post of the thread..
    "Victory needs no explanation." - Gyula Grosics

    Supporting since 2007


  25. #25
    RPB Member 2018 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,577
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I personally have never noticed them ever at a MLS game.
    That's kind of ironic don't you think? I'm pretty sure you would've been at that game and yet you didn't celebrate them then.
    Canada vs St. Kitts & Nevis Nov. 18!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  26. #26
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would love for the Reds to introduce cheerleaders !!!
    Why would you want this with such enthusiasm if.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I personally have never noticed them ever at a MLS game.
    ...you don't even see them when they are there.
    KEEP CALM AND SING FOR 90

  27. #27
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Why would you want this with such enthusiasm if.........



    ...you don't even see them when they are there.
    It was a comment with a smirk, I typed in MLS Cheerleaders into google and threw it out there for whatever, personally I could care less if I team has them or not.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    116
    Posts
    2,576
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What the eff is this ... #Vancouver #Fail


  29. #29
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't you hear?

    BJ Bird retired to Abbotsford and is getting some weekly exercise down at the rec centre playing indoor.

  30. #30
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    112
    Posts
    2,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It was a comment with a smirk, I typed in MLS Cheerleaders into google and threw it out there for whatever, personally I could care less if I team has them or not.
    I suppose you can feign it was all in jest, this is after all the internets and things can be misunderstood.....


    but the internets remember everything....

    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ht=cheerleader



    KEEP CALM AND SING FOR 90

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •