Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    After just TWO FREAKIN' GAMES, we already have 4 points...halfway to our goal of 8 points from the 8 game season opening road trip.

So far, so good...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Agreed. I'm surprised which NY team had which result against us but I'll take it all the same.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Agreed. I'm surprised which NY team had which result against us but I'll take it all the same.
    I'm not so much. We had problems with NYCFC's press and goonery last year and that small park makes it difficult to play in. I just figured it would be more high scoring but neither team allowed a ton of space anywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those wondering why we are playing on a Sunday night, again, I'll just put this here, from one of the best soccer TV guys out there (he was talking about Colorado at DCU but it applies)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toledo in charge of the match...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Noooooooo!!!!!!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling we can win this game. I think the boys will come out strong. 2-1

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toledo means less likelihood of a hatchet job on Seba. Discipline will be important.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Toledo means less likelihood of a hatchet job on Seba. Discipline will be important.
    Yeah, he's not the worst anymore. Not that I think he's improved at all though. I think MLS just brought in a whole bunch of refs below even his abyssal level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Toledo in a place called Child's Mercy Park.. oh the irony....

over/under 2 red cards and 5 yellows?
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    over/under 2 red cards and 5 yellows?
    SKC are used to playing against 10 men so far this year aren't they?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any update on how the lineup will look on Saturday. Will Endoh start? I'm assuming with Altidore back, either him or Delgato or going to the bench. Need to know so I can set my fantasy team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting stat involving Altidore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post

The first thing that catches my eye other than the name of the stadium is the formation. Just keep the 4-4-2 diamond. Just drop Osorio I between Giovinco and Endoh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    The first thing that catches my eye other than the name of the stadium is the formation. Just keep the 4-4-2 diamond. Just drop Osorio I between Giovinco and Endoh.
    They haven't played the diamond this season, why would they start now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They haven't played the diamond this season, why would they start now?
    I can't see them going to a diamond. If Altidore is ready they'll drop Cheyrou to the bench and play Oso in his spot, then move Seba to the left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I can't see them going to a diamond. If Altidore is ready they'll drop Cheyrou to the bench and play Oso in his spot, then move Seba to the left.
    Yeah I'd like to see the first choice line up they seemed to have ready for this season

Irwin; Morrow, Moor, Perquis, Beitashour; Bradley, Osorio, Johnson; Giovinco, Altidore, Endoh

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its the 4-3-3 that started last weekend. Delgado for Cheyrou. Altidore comes in at 60 minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its the 4-3-3 that started last weekend. Delgado for Cheyrou. Altidore comes in at 60 minutes.
    This is how I see it too but I see our tactics mirroring what we did against the NYRB. Press high and hit on the counter. If we do it right, it should frustrate the shit out of SKC because it's their style to a "T" but unlike them we have a goal scorer who only needs one chance.

A win may be unlikely but SKC's 2-0 record hasn't shown me anything. We're surely no Vancouver, wasting chances and falling over ourselves (weird thing to write considering our history) and the Whitecaps were right in there against them. I say 2-2 draw or maybe even a 1 goal win if things go well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado was garbage at NYC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but Delgado has wheels and that's going to be needed at first. SKC is going to try to run at us hard the first 15 minutes - need outlets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    You mean the Diamond formation which we got shredded with last year for 58 goals? Nah, I like the 4-3-3 which we consistently adapt depending on the moment in the game. It allows us to move numbers forwards or backwards at will and the team is doing it well so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    You mean the Diamond formation which we got shredded with last year for 58 goals? Nah, I like the 4-3-3 which we consistently adapt depending on the moment in the game. It allows us to move numbers forwards or backwards at will and the team is doing it well so far.
    Oh, you mean the 4-3-3 where the reds get mauled for 60+ minutes and then wait for the Seba rescue? Osorio should not be playing up top, vanney is an idiot. We have new players this year and the diamond formation would be much better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, you mean the 4-3-3 where the reds get mauled for 60+ minutes and then wait for the Seba rescue? Osorio should not be playing up top, vanney is an idiot. We have new players this year and the diamond formation would be much better.
    Don't remember us getting mauled for 60+ minutes in both matches combined so far. We bent a lot and waited to counter. Had more pressure in our own end against NYCFC than I'd like but other than those spells, we looked composed for us in a road match.

And yes Vanney is an idiot, but I think he may be an idiot who at least is learning and starting to make some good decisions. We play a diamond and we get over run by SKC's 4-3-3 press. We play our 4-3-3 press and the match will be as ugly as the NYRB one. Lots of scrambling, poor passing, and bad reads around the center of the pitch, for both squads. In a game like that, usually the brilliance of one player or sequence can make the difference and having a player who can make something out of nothing is usually the game changer. I'll take our chances with that and who we have on our roster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The diamond formation should only come out this season against teams with no speed, no width and who do not press - ie. DCU and Colorado. Everybody else, its a liability. It was an attempt to find a space for Bradley going forward and he just hasn't got the discipline to do that. Right now, he's got the discipline to stay at the back and be a Deep lying playmaker while the other two middies go charging all over the place.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who calls Vanney an "idiot' loses some credibility to their statements IMO. You could say he needs to learn, you could call him naive at times, but he's very intelligent, certainly no idiot.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mauled for 60+? Well, I'll disagree with that. We do bunker but we've held formation quite well and adjusted to overbalanced attacks (NYCFC game). On top of that we've countered effectively which is exactly what the gameplan was. We may have had more possession with the diamond, however we were giving up so many key chances to the opposition last year which we've done a great job of limiting so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Altidore's fit, I would slot Osorio where Cheyrou is, move Giovinco to the left and slide Jozy into the middle...what a lethal lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Altidore will probably come off the bench. Probably for the best with him heading off to another Klinsmann labor camp after the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    If Altidore's fit, I would slot Osorio where Cheyrou is, move Giovinco to the left and slide Jozy into the middle...what a lethal lineup.
    We have quality this year. But if I were KC with that line up, I would be attacking down my right.