Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So...just went back and watched the first minute of the NYCFC game.

Endoh takes the ball on the right with a pass from Beitashour, caused by a press in the middle from Bradley Delgado and Johnson. He cuts in and with his left foot (NYCFC are shocked that he did that because they hold off from him thinking a right winger and going to do this) crosses the ball into Seba who just misses the open net.

Guys

Think about this.

We have a winger who can cross the ball with either foot.
    Lol this seems like such an absurd thing to say that you'd have to be high to say it, but it's actually so true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or does Morrow seem to be struggling right now? Made some bad plays the last couple games that are not like him. How many games can that happen before we see Morgan? Not that I want that necessarily but need Morrow to step it up I think. He's not the only one so maybe some new season funk still. Will be nice to watch a game on a regular size field again that is for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Is it just me or does Morrow seem to be struggling right now? Made some bad plays the last couple games that are not like him. How many games can that happen before we see Morgan? Not that I want that necessarily but need Morrow to step it up I think. He's not the only one so maybe some new season funk still. Will be nice to watch a game on a regular size field again that is for sure.
    Not alone in that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Lol this seems like such an absurd thing to say that you'd have to be high to say it, but it's actually so true
    I know, it shocked me to realise that almost every winger in this league is one footed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I thought so too. Looked particularly bad on the Llyod Sam opportunity in the RBNY game. He missed a good chunk of the preseason games, right? Hopefully it's just him getting back up to speed and more comfortable with the new system.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Morrow has been hit and miss. O'Dea made a point on the SKy broadcast of saying Morrow covered well the one play where the ball skimmed across the backline. But, his passing has been less then ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He hasn't been bad.

Bad would be Jordan Smith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow should be fine. He just needs to get his timing back. He's too talented and experienced to play at that level for much longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Morrow has been hit and miss. O'Dea made a point on the SKy broadcast of saying Morrow covered well the one play where the ball skimmed across the backline. But, his passing has been less then ideal.
    He's never been the strongest on the ball, but if you put the right people in front of him he'll generally make the right decisions.

I think he'll shake it off. He had a few funky games early last year as well but they were long forgotten rather quickly once the season ramped up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow is a good player. He's probably just a bit rusty and will get his game back eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game is on TSN2 and FS1

Any point out of this match would be surprising.
    Why are we playing Barca??? Bayern???? Juve???? No, we are playing SKC, can we stop with this underachieving crap. There is no team in the MLS that can not be beaten home or away, SO we should expect to come our with points from each and every game.

Why do we have to over hype our opponents, and have such low expectations. We have the best fucking offensive player in the league, so as long as we are organized behind him we can beat any team, on the other hand if we are not organized behind him we can conceed goals to anyone and hence loss. BUT the team needs to go into any game expecting maximum points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the PTSD man. I'm just starting to get the point where I don't expect a goal in the last minute of the game anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I understand that. But we have to expect and push for more. Last season was our first truly decent season, we need to have a good one.

After all as I always say, we deserve butter. That is what I said butter. The old timers will understated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Why are we playing Barca??? Bayern???? Juve???? No, we are playing SKC, can we stop with this underachieving crap. There is no team in the MLS that can not be beaten home or away, SO we should expect to come our with points from each and every game.

Why do we have to over hype our opponents, and have such low expectations. We have the best fucking offensive player in the league, so as long as we are organized behind him we can beat any team, on the other hand if we are not organized behind him we can conceed goals to anyone and hence loss. BUT the team needs to go into any game expecting maximum points.
    Reality is road points in this league are hard to come by. The stats prove that out.

This might all be semantics of our expectations vs. the team's mentality but really... We're all waiting for that one tough fixture where it doesn't work out and people lose their shit.

It's been a good start to the year, all things aside. And I'm sure you're not alone in expecting this team to be competitive in every fixture regardless of if we get a result or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the PTSD man. I'm just starting to get the point where I don't expect a goal in the last minute of the game anymore.
    This^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a glass half-empty man myself. The wheels have to fall off at some point. Still, I think this game could end 1-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba will bail the team out once again. Book it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I understand that. But we have to expect and push for more. Last season was our first truly decent season, we need to have a good one.

After all as I always say, we deserve butter. That is what I said butter. The old timers will understated.
    I feel butter about our chances after reading this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Reality is road points in this league are hard to come by. The stats prove that out.

This might all be semantics of our expectations vs. the team's mentality but really... We're all waiting for that one tough fixture where it doesn't work out and people lose their shit.

It's been a good start to the year, all things aside. And I'm sure you're not alone in expecting this team to be competitive in every fixture regardless of if we get a result or not.
    I can't remember where, but I read a stat somewhere that MLS teams avg about 1.75 pts per game at home. There are factors outside quality of the team that influences the result on away games. So getting a draw is a good result, no matter how much we all want to think that TFC should dominate every game, home or away.

I actually think TFC has a pretty good chance against SKC. TFC has already dealt with high press/counter style before, and if TFC can replicate same kind of disciplined road performance against NYRB, we have a pretty good chance of getting at least a point, maybe even a win. And SKC is actually slower than NYRB, although SKC is more tactically disciplined. And they have some good players that'll burn you bad. Hopefully Feilhaber sits out for this game too.

The game will depend on who gets the first goal, but Vanney has shown some tactical savvy last 2 games to get a result... Should be a good game. (Though TFC traditionally sucks at KC)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally. Wish I said that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I said that too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never supported Vanney, but so far he has vastly exceeded my (low) expectations with appropriate tactics, adjustments, and subs. This will serve us well against SKC, although a clean sheet may be too much to expect. 2-1 TFC.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-16-2016 at 06:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow is in a different class than Morgan. I'm shocked Morgan has even seen gametime....at left wing!
    No matter how poor Morrow plays, he will not get replaced by Morgan. Simple as that.

I'll skip over how Morrow destroys Morgan defensively because no one makes an argument against that. BUT also Morgan doesn't add a thing to our offense. He is a one trick pony - He kicks the ball down the wing with the hopes that his speed can get him an inch or two. He then lowers that right should and awkwardly hits a cross into the middle...with mixed results. He can't connect play. He can't actually beat a player 1v1. There is no control there. When seba looks up and sees him open on the left...he ignores him and for good reason. He doesn't belong at this level

What I'm trying to say is that Morgan would struggle is USL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Morrow is in a different class than Morgan. I'm shocked Morgan has even seen gametime....at left wing!
    No matter how poor Morrow plays, he will not get replaced by Morgan. Simple as that.

I'll skip over how Morrow destroys Morgan defensively because no one makes an argument against that. BUT also Morgan doesn't add a thing to our offense. He is a one trick pony - He kicks the ball down the wing with the hopes that his speed can get him an inch or two. He then lowers that right should and awkwardly hits a cross into the middle...with mixed results. He can't connect play. He can't actually beat a player 1v1. There is no control there. When seba looks up and sees him open on the left...he ignores him and for good reason. He doesn't belong at this level

What I'm trying to say is that Morgan would struggle is USL
    My thoughts during this post: yup, yup, yup, yup, okay I guess, lol wtf that escalated quickly

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm a glass half-empty man myself. The wheels have to fall off at some point. Still, I think this game could end 1-1.
    Haha points for honesty, B. I always to know to aim a little higher than your predictions this way
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I have never supported Vanney, but so far he has vastly exceeded my (low) expectations with appropriate tactics, adjustments, and subs. This will serve us well against SKC, although a clean sheet may be too much to expect. 2-1 TFC.
    Well maybe it's time to re-examine your expectations of Vanney, then. Just sayin'. You don't have to be a fan of his to say you're giving him time to prove himself to you.

Up to you, man.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    My thoughts during this post: yup, yup, yup, yup, okay I guess, lol wtf that escalated quickly
    Haha Rep issued. Pretty sure Morgan could start on the Toonies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Well maybe it's time to re-examine your expectations of Vanney, then. Just sayin'. You don't have to be a fan of his to say you're giving him time to prove himself to you.

Up to you, man.
    didnt I just say he has impressed so far with his tactics, adjustments and subs? Is that not enough of a compliment?!!! OK, he dressed well too. There you go!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    didnt I just say he has impressed so far with his tactics, adjustments and subs? Is that not enough of a compliment?!!! OK, he dressed well too. There you go!
    No, man, I'm giving you credit for your analysis.

I'm just telling you how your post looks. Vanney's exceeded low expectations so, in essence, you can "promote" him to regular expectations. That's all.

We don't have to get into fashion expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After just TWO FREAKIN' GAMES, we already have 4 points...halfway to our goal of 8 points from the 8 game season opening road trip.

So far, so good...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.