Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 3 - Endoh's Adventures in the Land of BBQ - SKC Host TFC Sunday Mar 20 7pm

Game is on TSN2 and FS1

Any point out of this match would be surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likely first look at Giovinco on the left and how Altidore's hold up play changes things for us offensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think Endoh should be starting this one. His cut inside move seemed to have been figured out plus first touch is sometimes awful. Prefer Delgado to start as Right Wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Don't think Endoh should be starting this one. His cut inside move seemed to have been figured out plus first touch is sometimes awful. Prefer Delgado to start as Right Wing.
    I can't see Endoh starting. He had a rough game in NY and I agree his cut move got snuffed out repeatedly. I'm interested in seeing how we hold together in this game. It's a good litmus test for us defensively. If they have Seba playing off the left I hope they send Morrow forward more to allow Seba to drift easier. Hoping for a point but my gut says 2-0 SKC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Endoh starts because SKC can be had on the width and Endoh can supply that ball better then Delgado. There were two chances we had in the first half where Seba was stretching for a cross and just missed, including a forgotten one in the first minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh is our only legitimate threat out wide. He put in a couple of beautiful crosses yesterday that could have easily been converted. Sure, he's learning on the job, but I would keep him up top with Seba and Altidore for now. Two games is too small a sample size to make the decision to relegate him to the bench.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be at Joes again for this one.

I'm so happy the season is in full swing.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Endoh is our only legitimate threat out wide. He put in a couple of beautiful crosses yesterday that could have easily been converted. Sure, he's learning on the job, but I would keep him up top with Seba and Altidore for now. Two games is too small a sample size to make the decision to relegate him to the bench.
    Agreed...it'll offer a nice attacking flair plus his hustle on defense. Delgado as an excellent option off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did KC do a Drake TIFO last weekend? That's just strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So KC is unbeaten and were given the luxury of playing against 10 men in both games. Having said that, the recent history between these teams suggests that this is most definitely going to be a loss. KC is 10W -2D - 1L against us in the last 13....

Would love to squeak a point out of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if this club wants to be a serious contender then these loosing records they have against so many of the leagues teams needs to start changing and what better way than to start against a team like SKC no excuses not to at the very least get a point here.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 03-14-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can get 3 points out of Red Bull Arena anything is possible. This will certainly be a tough match though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    So KC is unbeaten and were given the luxury of playing against 10 men in both games. Having said that, the recent history between these teams suggests that this is most definitely going to be a loss. KC is 10W -2D - 1L against us in the last 13....

Would love to squeak a point out of this.
    That just means that we're long overdue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was Altidore instead of Seba on the end of those crosses then we're talking about Endoh's two assists in a 4-2 win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Why did KC do a Drake TIFO last weekend? That's just strange.
    He's a massive UK fan (for some reason).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Altidore starts that game, they play 4 at the back and we win or they play 3 at the back and we romp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If it was Altidore instead of Seba on the end of those crosses then we're talking about Endoh's two assists in a 4-2 win
    Altidore would not even be in the picture. The crosses would have landed right into the feet of defenders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Altidore would not even be in the picture. The crosses would have landed right into the feet of defenders.
    We are talking about two near misses where Giovinco is stretching after Endoh crosses. The guy can pass the ball in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We are talking about two near misses where Giovinco is stretching after Endoh crosses. The guy can pass the ball in.

Aside from the few balls in, Endoh was terrible in game 2 and was rightfully so subbed off. He is just not a starter because he lacks experience, although he would be good to come off the bench until he gets his feet wet.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    He's a massive UK fan (for some reason).
    Andrew Wiggins leftovers. Here it is. It certainly is...big. Glad they like our local lad.

Wonder if he (The Drake) ever saw a game and if he met Marcel De Jong.

Not really, but it would be nice.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-14-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Altidore was on the end of the crosses from Endoh, he probably would have pulled his hamstring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expecting a loss here against one of the better squads in the league on the road. Overall I'm optimistic as this team has some leaders now to help out the General and Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Expecting a loss here against one of the better squads in the league on the road. Overall I'm optimistic as this team has some leaders now to help out the General and Seba.
    I think we have a better squad this year. I'll take Bradley marking out Feilhaber and Morrow marking Zusi for the win.

Depends how we approach it tactically and the players' mentality; but we have really good personnel to face up against KC even on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are definitely capable of earning a draw at the very least. Altidore will give our offense another dimension and allow Seba to be more effective.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feilhaber is out injured. Their big + right now is Espinoza who is playing a good box to box game. But, SKC has been playing against 10 men so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are definitely capable of earning a draw at the very least. Altidore will give our offense another dimension and allow Seba to be more effective.
    Technically possible, but nobody should be expecting it. It's a tough fixture to get points from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Altidore is back, I expect to see Giovinco-Jozy-Osorio across the top as it doesn't look like we'll be moving from the 4-3-3. But I think it'll be an odd 4-3-3...we'll probably see both Seba and Jozy play centrally with Morrow providing more of the width/wing play allowing Seba to move towards the middle. I'm not so fast to just toss this one out the window as others seem to be, though. We'll only continue to get better and I think we'll look a lot better this weekend - with an actual pitch that is large enough to play actual soccer on. SKC was pretty good at times last weekend though and I look forward to seeing how we do against what should be one of the leagues better teams this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...just went back and watched the first minute of the NYCFC game.

Endoh takes the ball on the right with a pass from Beitashour, caused by a press in the middle from Bradley Delgado and Johnson. He cuts in and with his left foot (NYCFC are shocked that he did that because they hold off from him thinking a right winger and not going to do this) crosses the ball into Seba who just misses the open net.

Guys

Think about this.

We have a winger who can cross the ball with either foot.

Look, he's a rookie and gives up the ball in traffic a bit too often for my liking. But, he knows how to get the ball to the forwards, and that's better then we've had from the sides for a long time.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-15-2016 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Altidore will be healthy. We get to play in a Stadium that has not been kind to us, against a team that has owned us since the beginning . No pressure.