0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damnnn he aged!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody has any idea what "Private Property" means anymore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if I completely agree with that. Beachfront property had always had to deal with this issue and you don't hear of fights every day. Sounds to me like this family is being dicks about it.

I mean, can you imagine if everyone with beachfront property had fences to the waterline?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Nobody has any idea what "Private Property" means anymore.
    You must be joking!! The fence and the owners of the fence are the problem not the beach goers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    You must be joking!! The fence and the owners of the fence are the problem not the beach goers.
    Correct - the whole time I was reading the article, I was wondering how they got away with putting the fence up in the first place.
    If you own the property right down to the water's edge, and there is a portion of the property that has historicaly been used by the community to access the water, your ownership does not supercede the right to access by the community.
    I'm no lawyer, but I had this explained to me when I was involved in the subdividing of some lakefront property several years ago. To my understanding, that fence is illegal, and the community just needs to hire a lawyer to put an end to the situation.
    Last edited by JDG; 07-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That makes sense. Sounds right to me. Otherwise, everyone in Canada with beachfront property would have a fence like that. Which is why I think this family is being a bunch of douchebags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    ^That makes sense. Sounds right to me. Otherwise, everyone in Canada with beachfront property would have a fence like that. Which is why I think this family is being a bunch of douchebags.
    hundreds of them on the bruce peninsula, up to Tobermory.

All that land is 'owned' there's no reason to stop between there and here.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If their title to the land states their property goes right to the water's edge, then why are they being dicks about it?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya I'd hate to buy a property that said it was to the water's edge and then find out people can come right into my yard. i've been up to those beaches and some of the people who hang out on them are really fricken annoying... drunken frat boys trying to show off. I imagine at night you don't exactly have "peace" at the beach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do wonder how the liability problem works, can you really be held accountable for someone who hurts themselves on your property? can't you just consider they trespassed and then they have to take care of themselves. furthermore, what kind of asshole wouldn't want to help someone hurt on the beach whether it's your property or not.
    and since they own the property to the waters edge, that kid was fine when he was in the water and they should know that. having beach front property is fine, but owning the beach is stupid.
    water fluctuations and erosion are two perfect reasons why not to put that kind of fence in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    ya I'd hate to buy a property that said it was to the water's edge and then find out people can come right into my yard. i've been up to those beaches and some of the people who hang out on them are really fricken annoying... drunken frat boys trying to show off. I imagine at night you don't exactly have "peace" at the beach.
    yeah it sucks that it can be noisy and whatnot, but what do you expect?

at night, i don't really think it's that bad. but then again, i don't know how far their property stretches from the water. i've been to grand bend on a few nights and the beach was pretty dead. that may be because people only go for the day.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol too funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if they have a clause extending their property to the waterline, the couple still needs to wise up and realize that when a beachfront has been accessible to the public for so many years, people are going to flare up emotionally in the interests of the greater community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Correct - the whole time I was reading the article, I was wondering how they got away with putting the fence up in the first place.
    If you own the property right down to the water's edge, and there is a portion of the property that has historicaly been used by the community to access the water, your ownership does not supercede the right to access by the community.
    I'm no lawyer, but I had this explained to me when I was involved in the subdividing of some lakefront property several years ago. To my understanding, that fence is illegal, and the community just needs to hire a lawyer to put an end to the situation.
    Why is my facebook picture your signature??!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Town of "I don't bitch about the beer guy obstructing my view"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Here we go again.

Anyone who has facebook will see thier own pictue in JDG's sig. No one else can see it but you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhhh...ok, thanks.

olegunnar

FYI
    They own into the water.
    it's PIN 584000003 LRO 51
    Last edited by olegunnar; 07-27-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How far into the water, Is Georgian Bay not a navigable waterway and that is public property, they probably have deeded ownership to the High Water Mark, which has greatly decreased in Georgian Bay in the past few years, I'd be sitting out there in my boat all day long, just off shore, just to be a prick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the first and probably not the last time Jim Brennan got into an argument about de fence.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe ALL natural bodies of water in the province are considered crown land for public use.

And yes, you can have a lake surrounded by private propery (like where my friend's cottage is) and have it all fenced off, but if a person somehow gets into the water without traversing the private lands, that's still perfectly okay.

Also, any body of water that has or had a portage or recognised right-of-way to the water may be travelled upon by anyone at any time, without the permission of the land owner.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all beach land should be for everyone to use. Exspecially if it blocks the path of people walking by, they shouldnt have to go in the water to get by the property. And if they start fencing off the beach my worry is other people would follow and before you know it the whole beach will be private property. If i lived there or had a cottage there i would probably burn that fence down to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and they say they want to take that fence down themselfs and they only put that fence up because they dont want anyone to get hurt on there property and be responsible for it. But then how come they have been so agressive with it. From what ive read before they have been getting in many verbal arguments with locals and in this case a fist fight. It seems like they are pretty much threatenning people to stay off the property. They could also sell the beach property. To me it seems like they just want to keep the beach to themselfs. Selfish basterds.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, on one hand, I agree with beaches being public. In Mexico, all beach is considered federal land.

But in this case, the beach is included in their title to the property and probably cost them more as a result. So technically, it's their property and therefore they can fence it if they want.

Obviously, I'm speaking from a point of view with not a lot of knowledge of the actual case.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's hilarious. I know exactly where that is. I've stayed at the Sunport on Balm Beach a few times.

olegunnar

The parcel map for this place looks funny.
    It's a whole bunch of parcels that end at the "water limits"...then this one...that extends into the water.
    Unfortunately Teraview/e-reg etc. isn't set up to save maps/jpegs etc. and I don't know how to post a pdf to show everyone and end this discussion.

I don't know how that got that deal (in terms of limiting public access, and in terms of "owning" beach/water) but they did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    The parcel map for this place looks funny.
    It's a whole bunch of parcels that end at the "water limits"...then this one...that extends into the water.
    Unfortunately Teraview/e-reg etc. isn't set up to save maps/jpegs etc. and I don't know how to post a pdf to show everyone and end this discussion.

I don't know how that got that deal (in terms of limiting public access, and in terms of "owning" beach/water) but they did

I was wondering that myself, from the few owners I talked to when I've been up there it seemed nobody owned any actual 'beach' property.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, looks like the kid punches somebody too hard...broke his arm...seriously, if you get into a fight (doesn't matter whose fault and who is right), why would you go on the media, act all innocent and pose with a sad puppy face?
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.