Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If we get Montreal next round I could see 350K easy, maybe 400k.
    Would easily be more. The knockout game last year drew 582k across TSN and RDS. A conference final matchup would surely attract even more eyeballs.

238k is a decent number. And for comparison's sake, the Raptors vs. Cleveland on Friday night drew 300k, and the Leafs weren't playing that night.
    Last edited by notthesun; 10-31-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind that this game was only on TSN 4 and TSN 1. If all TSN channels (excluding TSN2) had the game, then ratings will be very close to 300000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Well 238 000 is ok not bad but my question is how do they go from 66 000 on Wednesday night versus Philadelphia to 238 000 on Sunday night, could it be because the game was on the main TSN network? Wow maybe the reason we saw such a drastic increase in the numbers was because of the game being on the main TSN network instead of on a channel a lot of people don't get, you know what I may be on to something here, lol.
    Bingo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Disappointing if just 66k tune in to see a playoff match up with a star ladened line up?

Yes.

Hopefully Mr Greatwhitenorf has interrupted the neighbourhood cricket conversation to inform them that there is a game on

300k should be the expectation. Good chance they get it...I hope

Don't bait a guy that isn't engaged in this current conversation that youve butted heads with before. You've been warned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a key for me more tha TV viewing figures. Important that TFC is seen as yhe main tennantbof BMO.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2...s-are-cox.html

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Well 238 000 is ok not bad but my question is how do they go from 66 000 on Wednesday night versus Philadelphia to 238 000 on Sunday night, could it be because the game was on the main TSN network? Wow maybe the reason we saw such a drastic increase in the numbers was because of the game being on the main TSN network instead of on a channel a lot of people don't get, you know what I may be on to something here, lol.
    I think the main reason is in the opponent, specifically who is on the roster of the opponent. Frank Lampard and David Villa.

When I said they should get 300k for this one a few days ago, my speculation was based on the fact that TFC casuals are attracted to "events" such as Defoe's first game.

This was an event with some legitimate names in it.

I know MLS (not soccer) is a "fringe" league in the main stream spectrum. But we have drawn that before. Usually for unique games like the first game, or Defoe's first game where there is a curiosity that reaches over to the main stream.

Leafs aren't playing well and the opponent isn't really a rival. The Cubs are running into a fantastic Cleveland pitching staff and facing a huge uphill battle which is fun to watch as a former pitcher but pretty dull if you don't appreciate the strategy. Not sure what the CFL has on tap but this should be the kind of game, with name players and something to play for, that gets a sold out stadium and 300k to tune in.
    The return match will be interesting to predict. Defoe's audiences dropped off after the novelty wore off. The names are the same in this game but the narrow quirky stadium might turn off the "MLS is a fringe league" fan.

Going out on a limb to say 150k
    Last edited by Pookie; 11-01-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Would easily be more. The knockout game last year drew 582k across TSN and RDS. A conference final matchup would surely attract even more eyeballs.

238k is a decent number. And for comparison's sake, the Raptors vs. Cleveland on Friday night drew 300k, and the Leafs weren't playing that night.
    For sure.

Drogba. Montreal. In a very meaningful game. The causal market would/should respond very well in to those factors.

That 500k last year vs Montreal included over 300k Impact fans on RDS.

Would be nice to see that stretch to 600k.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie;[URL="tel:1817538"
    1817538[/URL]]

Going out on a limb to say 150k
    No Leafs.
    No Cubs in the World Series. No Warriors.
    Only the Raps going head to head (against Sacramento, a crappy team).
    A serious media awakening going on... (see Damien Cox story above)

I am going to say .... 425K
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    No Leafs.
    No Cubs in the World Series. No Warriors.
    Only the Raps going head to head (against Sacramento, a crappy team).
    A serious media awakening going on... (see Damien Cox story above)

I am going to say .... 425K
    Also, direct lead in from the Impact game. Extended MLS presence on main channels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC showing who BMO's main tenants are: Cox
    Last edited by denime; 11-01-2016 at 12:44 PM. Reason: post link only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting little thing I noticed last night giving treats to the trick-or-treaters.....not sure where to put it so figured here is a good spot......

I was sporting my TFC cap and had the track jacket on as it was a little chilly by the door, and noticed that close to 90% (if I had to guess) of the boys who came up had a comment of either "cool hat", "nice jacket", "go TFC!", etc.
    I asked them all if they watched the game on Sunday and every single one said "Yeah we won!".

So its pretty much what I'v suspected with the support in the future.
    Much like it was with the Raps in their initial years, I say give it a generation to grow.
    The kids nowadays seem very much in to TFC, so its just a matter of time it takes for them to grow a bit and I believe the team will really get to par with the big 3 eventually as the future generation gets on board.
    Was pretty cool to see so thought I'd share......

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    interesting little thing I noticed last night giving treats to the trick-or-treaters.....not sure where to put it so figured here is a good spot......

I was sporting my TFC cap and had the track jacket on as it was a little chilly by the door, and noticed that close to 90% (if I had to guess) of the boys who came up had a comment of either "cool hat", "nice jacket", "go TFC!", etc.
    I asked them all if they watched the game on Sunday and every single one said "Yeah we won!".

Much like it was with the Raps in their initial years, I say give it a generation to grow.
    The kids nowadays seem very much in to TFC, so its just a matter of time it takes for them to grow a bit and I believe the team will really get to par with the big 3 eventually as the future generation gets on board.
    That's pretty cool.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to post complete articles here. Maybe some short quotes, and the link. Media is struggling enough these days, and the Star is completely free online, no page view limits. Might as well give them some hits and ad dollars. If we want journalists to pay attention to TFC and write about them, page views and all the rest are important.

Interesting article! We've had a couple of big names chime in now, who haven't always been very positive about TFC. Damien Cox, Steve Simmons, and others. I really hope TFC can make it to the next round, we're getting more attention than we have in a long time.

I also really liked the MLS playoff schedule last Sunday, with games every two hours. I feel that it builds the hype throughout the day and the games provide lead-in viewership to each other. This Sunday will be similar, although with 2 1/2 hour gaps between the last 3 games.

PS I was going to add, TFC was on the news loop on CP24 all Sunday, with local reports from the Brazen Head, the march, etc. Occasional talk about "The FC" etc. Sure as more media jump on the bandwagon, we're going to hear more errors like that. But if TFC gives reasons to continue with the hype, they'll learn.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 11-01-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post

same here

a neighbour kid who I would never have imagined knew who TFC was, was jealous i was going to the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    No need to post complete articles here. Maybe some short quotes, and the link. Media is struggling enough these days, and the Star is completely free online, no page view limits. Might as well give them some hits and ad dollars. If we want journalists to pay attention to TFC and write about them, page views and all the rest are important.

Interesting article! We've had a couple of big names chime in now, who haven't always been very positive about TFC. Damien Cox, Steve Simmons, and others. I really hope TFC can make it to the next round, we're getting more attention than we have in a long time.

I also really liked the MLS playoff schedule last Sunday, with games every two hours. I feel that it builds the hype throughout the day and the games provide lead-in viewership to each other. This Sunday will be similar, although with 2 1/2 hour gaps between the last 3 games.

PS I was going to add, TFC was on the news loop on CP24 all Sunday, with local reports from the Brazen Head, the march, etc. Occasional talk about "The FC" etc. Sure as more media jump on the bandwagon, we're going to hear more errors like that. But if TFC gives reasons to continue with the hype, they'll learn.
    T stands for The

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US ratings, FWIW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    This is a key for me more tha TV viewing figures. Important that TFC is seen as yhe main tennantbof BMO.

LMAO!

CFL and Argo fans are crying reading that article online. lol

They simply can't accept the fact that they're below TFC and not "co-tenants" to TFC. TFC gets first dibs on schedule and bring way more money since they play twice as many games than Argos at BMO field while averaging more fans than them.

The more I read the lies that CFL/Argo fans come up with to attack TFC and soccer in general, the more sweeter it is to read non-soccer guys like Cox praise TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    T stands for The
    Not sure if joking. No TFC fans or experienced footy journalists say "The FC" -- nor does anyone from the club say that. It's TFC, or Toronto FC, but not "The FC." I can see where it comes from: general sports journalists are used to saying "the Leafs""the Raptors" "the Blue Jays" "the Argos" etc. But that's not right for TFC.

No big deal, we'll survive, and I'm happy with the increased coverage.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 11-01-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article indeed. It's great to see that TFC is starting to get some love in this city and it's great for the upcoming 2017 season. Though I do fear that this article probably rustled some people's jimmies and just adds to the TFC vs Argos brouhaha that's been happening around the internet. I'm getting tired of it.
    Last edited by sn0re; 11-01-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if joking. No TFC fans or experienced footy journalists say "The FC" -- nor does anyone from the club say that. It's TFC, or Toronto FC, but not "The FC." I can see where it comes from: general sports journalists are used to saying "the Leafs""the Raptors" "the Blue Jays" "the Argos" etc. But that's not right for TFC.

No big deal, we'll survive, and I'm happy with the increased coverage.
    lol i was joking,

it drives me mad.

the TFCs would be worse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They named it simply, "The FC", as if it was the only Football Club worthy of renown, which it was...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Great Canadian Ratings Report: MLS could be on verge of a new era on TV
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...14722-spt.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RDS tweeted that they had over 300,000 viewers for the Impact game on Sunday afternoon.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    They named it simply, "The FC", as if it was the only Football Club worthy of renown, which it was...
    Like this. I don't care at all if peeps call it the FC. It's the grammatically nightmarish FC that grinds my gears.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TravelPat View Post
    RDS tweeted that they had over 300,000 viewers for the Impact game on Sunday afternoon.
    Last year's knockout round match had 312,000 on RDS and 263,000 on TSN. We drew 238,000 on TSN for our first leg vs NYCFC, and as mentioned the Impact drew 300,000 for their second leg. So both teams are already in viewership range of last year, without playing each other.

This is a perfect storm for a huge ratings boost. Last year's match was a mid-week game as well, like the tie will be this year, so it's a good number to compare to. I think these games will break 750,000.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure about the Canadian numbers but game 2 @ ny did 280k in the USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS ratings in Canada

MLS, TFC at NYC, Sunday, TSN: 221,000
    MLS, Montreal at NY Red Bulls, Sunday, TSN: 181,000
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/the...133525227.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That number stinks, given all the media attention we got after the first NYC game, the fact that we were on TSN1, no WS, etc

Arsenal-Spurs at 7am got half the TFC number!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to those numbers, I think they'll probably break 400K for each TFC-Impact game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just bad, so Montreal got close to 500 K with French and English combined!!! Probably we could'f get close to 350 or more if it was on all TSN channels.

I've been asking around about MLS and TFC, people do follow the news about TFC (after playoffs only) but most soccer fans or sports lover who watch every sports just don't like MLS. In order to get all those early morning people, EPL, La Liga and Serie A people is simple: improve the playing quality of MLS.

I still believe that in Toronto soccer is on top 3 sports compare to Niagara Region lol.