Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drew 66K for the knockout game vs. the Union.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Wow that is ugly.

It won't be much better Sunday. By getting the 7pm slot Sunday, TFC gets a Leaf game head on, plus partial conflicts with a Wrigley Field WS game, and the NFL Sunday night game.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday November 6th isn't looking any better, if we get the 7 pm game, it'll be on TSN 2 again. I was looking forward all season for this playoff to boost the tv ratings. 4 main channels and one showing NASCAR doesn't make sense to me.

No matter how far TFC goes, the ratings will stay the same because there is always other sports which TSN rather to show. Who cares about NFL, we have to support our Canadian teams, TFC and Montreal. They dot it for NHL, raptors or Jays!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Wow that is ugly.

It won't be much better Sunday. By getting the 7pm slot Sunday, TFC gets a Leaf game head on, plus partial conflicts with a Wrigley Field WS game, and the NFL Sunday night game.
    Thats the only unfortunate thing about the MLS playoffs running into November. Its up against so much every weekend that it seems as though the league is just scheduling what they deem will get them a good rating (in their mind at least) on both sides of the border.

The only good thing with the second leg and *fingers crosses* the Eastern final is that at least the World Series will be over (and the East schedule is away from any other NFL games).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The casuals will 100% migrate to the World Series game in Chicago. Many won't have watched Friday or Saturday, and that Sunday night game will get epic ratings.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Wow that is ugly.

I disagree. Pirlo alone draws the casual Italian fan in Toronto for which there are many. Add that to the hype that has been created since Wednesday, and I'll bet a TV audience close to 100k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir FC View Post
    TSN 2 agaaaaaaain!!!! Why? There is nothing on TSN 5 at 7 pm, what's the matter with TSN? How do u expect to the get ratings if the most important game of TFC is not on the main channels?

This is just sad and I dono how we can let TSN know (if they care). I am so upset it beyond explaining, this is why I have zero respect for other sports. When was the lat time they put a playoff game on TSN2 for hockey, baseball or basketball? In US, you can get a much better coverage of MLS playoff.

Montreal game at home is on TSNGO, wow.
    you think the tv scheduling sucks now, just wait to cbc. One channel with a fixed schedule planned a year in advance. you will get to know the cbc streaming site very well
    Last edited by Onyx; 10-28-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Thats the only unfortunate thing about the MLS playoffs running into November. Its up against so much every weekend that it seems as though the league is just scheduling what they deem will get them a good rating (in their mind at least) on both sides of the border.

The only good thing with the second leg and *fingers crosses* the Eastern final is that at least the World Series will be over (and the East schedule is away from any other NFL games).
    can we please go to wednesday playoff games and single elimination so we can get some fucking coverage.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ as long as we make the conference final, thats what will happen
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    I disagree. Pirlo alone draws the casual Italian fan in Toronto for which there are many. Add that to the hype that has been created since Wednesday, and I'll bet a TV audience close to 100k
    100K, jeez, TFC used to get that 5 years ago on the worst night on Gol Canada against Chivas.

Leiweke's vision for this really didn't work. This thread really makes me think those Bradley stories are real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't too long ago when the Raptors were drawing 80K viewers on TV. It takes time to develop a following.

Zelkovich wrote an article about the Raptors and TV numbers recently and TFC are facing a lot of the same issues.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...153155409.html
    Last edited by 105; 10-28-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the schedule on the TSN website it seems we are getting hours of MLS on TSN4. Part of the Montreal game and afterwards up until the end of our game. They will be cutting into Sunday Night Football on 4 and joining mid game (though it starts regularly on a different channel). That's a hell of a push to get people with basic cable like my folks to watch the game. Good on Bell (can't believe I just typed that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeay, TSN changed it, now both Canadian teams are on TSN1 and 4, sweet. lets hope for 500k ratings. (Second half for Montreal).

is CBC deal confirmed? I think we'll always be able to watch TFC on TV. I just want them to grow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 105 View Post
    It wasn't too long ago when the Raptors were drawing 80K viewers on TV. It takes time to develop a following.

Zelkovich wrote an article about the Raptors and TV numbers recently and TFC are facing a lot of the same issues.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...153155409.html
    That's a very interesting article, thanks for posting!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anything less than 300k would be disappointing today.

I know MLS (not soccer) is a "fringe" league in the main stream spectrum. But we have drawn that before. Usually for unique games like the first game, or Defoe's first game where there is a curiosity that reaches over to the main stream.

Leafs aren't playing well and the opponent isn't really a rival. The Cubs are running into a fantastic Cleveland pitching staff and facing a huge uphill battle which is fun to watch as a former pitcher but pretty dull if you don't appreciate the strategy. Not sure what the CFL has on tap but this should be the kind of game, with name players and something to play for, that gets a sold out stadium and 300k to tune in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CFL has Calgary at Montreal @ 1 pm.

As Pookie said, Sports competition is a possible World Series clincher or Leafs @ the Brooklyn Islanders.

We'll see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that would be amazing after getting 66K on Wednesday. It will be a challenge but amazing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

I know MLS (not soccer) is a "fringe" league in the main stream spectrum. But we have drawn that before. Usually for unique games like the first game, or Defoe's first game where there is a curiosity that reaches over to the main stream.

Leafs aren't playing well and the opponent isn't really a rival. The Cubs are running into a fantastic Cleveland pitching staff and facing a huge uphill battle which is fun to watch as a former pitcher but pretty dull if you don't appreciate the strategy. Not sure what the CFL has on tap but this should be the kind of game, with name players and something to play for, that gets a sold out stadium and 300k to tune in.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

I agree with your general thought process, and expectations have to be different on TSN1.

I predict the number will be 200K. I think that Warriors game on TSN2 could draw some casuals, at the margin. There is a decent overlap of basketball/soccer casuals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disappointing nothing disappointing about today for soccer in Toronto we are going to have 30000 for a pro soccer playoff game at the end of October in Toronto by the lake, ya outside in late October not inside in some cozy dome or or some cozy arena, ya 30 000 people are getting off their ass and going to the game , take that all you soccer haters out there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Disappointing if just 66k tune in to see a playoff match up with a star ladened line up?

Yes.

Hopefully Mr Greatwhitenorf has interrupted the neighbourhood cricket conversation to inform them that there is a game on

300k should be the expectation. Good chance they get it...I hope

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many millions tuned in for this one?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drew 238,000 on Sunday night on the main TSN network.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Pookie. If this was Price is Right format, I win!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it. That was a good advert for the game and the atmosphere at the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we get Montreal next round I could see 350K easy, maybe 400k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Drew 238,000 on Sunday night on the main TSN network.
    Not the worst result. Will improve as the playoffs progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well 238 000 is ok not bad but my question is how do they go from 66 000 on Wednesday night versus Philadelphia to 238 000 on Sunday night, could it be because the game was on the main TSN network? Wow maybe the reason we saw such a drastic increase in the numbers was because of the game being on the main TSN network instead of on a channel a lot of people don't get, you know what I may be on to something here, lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Well 238 000 is ok not bad but my question is how do they go from 66 000 on Wednesday night versus Philadelphia to 238 000 on Sunday night, could it be because the game was on the main TSN network? Wow maybe the reason we saw such a drastic increase in the numbers was because of the game being on the main TSN network instead of on a channel a lot of people don't get, you know what I may be on to something here, lol.
    That is the truth, a lot less people have access to TSN2 than to the main network. So say the game was on CBC, it could have been even more just because more casual viewers would have found it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    No one cares about Philly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 000 is good especially wen going against the Leafs, World Series, and NFL at the same time I know a few that were watching In Edmonton . I guess when you put on the main TSN network numbers will increase