Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your favrourite mementos of TFC's first 10 seasons?

Over the first 10 years of TFC I have ended up with a coutless number of Scarves, easily over 30 including RPB, Season Ticket, Adidas etc. I also have a number tickets from both home and road games. I also have a team autographed soccer ball from the first season. But my centrepiece of anything TFC is a collection of signed photographs. I now have one for all 173 players who have played at least one game for the club after Abbe Ibrahim signed some for me this past weekend. There is also another 20 or so of unused subs. The alltime roster now sits at 178 after the opening weekend, so now have a few more to get.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have them in Binders or framed?

some pics would be interesting to see.

that's some next level dedication to track down ex-players to keep the collection growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have to be the season ticket scarves, RPB scarves, and the seat cushion!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

that's some next level dedication to track down ex-players to keep the collection growing.
    Yep have have tracked down and mailed former Reds photos through current teams either as a player or coach, pro and college. Also found a lot of them through facebook. I have them in binders, two right now, might have to go to third soon. It became a challenging as I got down to the last few and then finally there was one, Abbe Ibrahim, who played one game for the Reds in the first season (second game vs. the Revs) and all of four minutes. He was all over the lower divisions overseas including Gabon in Africa the last few years. He is now back in the US, living in New York and played for NPSL team in 2015. He was quite happy to come down and meet me in Manhattan on Saturday.

Yeh anytime, will be the binders down to Joe's. It might even be cool to scan them at somepoint for some sort of archive.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ticket from my first ever TFC game, against Seattle in 2011. It was a few weeks after I moved here from England and I took a girl on a date to the game...last week I married that girl and now we're on our honeymoon in Panama City!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    The ticket from my first ever TFC game, against Seattle in 2011. It was a few weeks after I moved here from England and I took a girl on a date to the game...last week I married that girl and now we're on our honeymoon in Panama City!
    Congrats, who says good things don't happen at BMO Field ( :

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a couple of small photo albums of events dating back to invading the pitch after the last game of the 1st season, to pub crawls, tailgate -head shaving for charity to get togethers with the players at Joes. I'll bring them with me on Sunday at the Membership table if anyone would like to have a look through them. You might see yourself from 10 years ago!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2009 team signed ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by far for me it is Robbo's game worn jersey from TFC last home game v Chicago in '08........as the players did their salute to the fans around the stadium, Robbo handed me his shirt when the players got to 127.......I got him to sign it the next season.....easily my favourite TFC collectible.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    by far for me it is Robbo's game worn jersey from TFC last home game v Chicago in '08........as the players did their salute to the fans around the stadium, Robbo handed me his shirt when the players got to 127.......I got him to sign it the next season.....easily my favourite TFC collectible.....
    I have also have been given two game worn jersey's over the years at games, Julius James in 2008 and Adrian Cann in 2012. Each at the final game of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I have also have been given two game worn jersey's over the years at games, Julius James in 2008 and Adrian Cann in 2012. Each at the final game of the season.
    good stuff!....game worn collectibles are awesome.....I also "won" Bradley's game jersey with the camo letters/numbers from Armed Forces' day at the silent auction they had, but its a bit different when you get it from the player himself at the end of the game......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorite items it my signed Torsten Frings Game Worn (breast cancer charity) jersey from when they played NYRB @ BMO.
    I also have my seat cushion signed by Danny after the 1st goal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game worn Koev jersey from the last game he played. Close second is a seat cushion from THE game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats, who says good things don't happen at BMO Field ( :
    In true form, we lost the game to a last-minute free kick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My buddy caught Konopka's jersey at the Montreal playoff game. Me? I just have a couple of season ticket scarfs from the early days. Way less impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ticket stub form the first game I went to, Against Chicago in August of 2007. and My Onyx scarf form 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2007 SSH scarf signed by Marvel Wynn, Andy Welsh, & Andrew Boyens. The seat cushion from that game against the fire.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seat cushions and my TFC foam beer bottle cozie I got at one of the TFC events in 2007. I drink all my beer using it. Very unique. Other than that all my scarves from 2007 until now that I will hopefully make a quilt out of one day. Not sure what else to do with them all. I don't have anywhere to hang them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Seat cushions and my TFC foam beer bottle cozie I got at one of the TFC events in 2007. I drink all my beer using it. Very unique. Other than that all my scarves from 2007 until now that I will hopefully make a quilt out of one day. Not sure what else to do with them all. I don't have anywhere to hang them.
    Only because I have many scarfs from 2008 onwards (missed out on 2007 as I was out of the country and then all of the originals were gone).

This is what I am planning to do once I have room in my man cave.

http://www.scarfracks.com/display-racks.html
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say, really. There's a lot I've collected over the years. I still have two Season 1 RPB scarves that I wear to games that mean a lot to me. Probably the strangest momento is a pair of tickets to a night club for Danny Dichio's birthday party that were signed and given to me by a former player.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the RPB Season 2 scarf. Still wear it to all the games. Have it signed by Brennan and Osorio. (From when I played against them aha, I got Osorio's later when he made the team. Brennan when he was coach over in the CSL)

Also.....still have that seat cushion! ahah
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

photos from days at the park. Simple but irreplaceable.

And the scarf I designed a couple years back. That's a keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate mentos

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the first 10 years of TFC I have ended up with a coutless number of Scarves, easily over 30 including RPB, Season Ticket, Adidas etc. I also have a number tickets from both home and road games. I also have a team autographed soccer ball from the first season. But my centrepiece of anything TFC is a collection of signed photographs. I now have one for all 173 players who have played at least one game for the club after Abbe Ibrahim signed some for me this past weekend. There is also another 20 or so of unused subs. The alltime roster now sits at 178 after the opening weekend, so now have a few more to get.
    So pleased that you got Abbe's autograph. I know you've been looking for that for years. Your dedication is impressive.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own favourite momentos are modest, a DD signed seat cushion, an opening season scarf, and my favourite RPB scarf from a few years back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Only because I have many scarfs from 2008 onwards (missed out on 2007 as I was out of the country and then all of the originals were gone).

This is what I am planning to do once I have room in my man cave.

http://www.scarfracks.com/display-racks.html
    Cool. I have a friend doing a very similar thing with all his marathon medals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very noob of me, I know, but the Atomic Ant t-shirt looks amazing and fits great.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have one of the signed shovels from the Academy ground breaking, along with an autographed hard hat. Also a shirt signed by the entire team. These were both silent auction items, around 2011 / 12.