Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if Gerry will call Ashton Morgan Marvell Wynne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dobson just said Morgan was the final sub. Cheyrou, Morgan, and ?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Dobson just said Morgan was the final sub. Cheyrou, Morgan, and ?????
    Ah. Dobson was wrong. Shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big comeback!!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice comeback.
    Not pretty, but that's how you gotta do it sometimes, especially on the road.
    The missed opportunities sting a bit though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice comeback point! I'll take it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    We were not terrible. Is there room for improvement? Without question.
    Respectable! But we had our win stolen by poor officiating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given how we played in the first half, I'll take a point. We need to get more out of Osorio and Delgado though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stream died right after Seba's goal. Anything interesting happen after?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah good to see we didn't quit after going down two goals early. only 6 more road games till the home opener. Gio had 3 guys on him pretty much the whole time and still almost won it late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Respectable! But we had our win stolen by poor officiating.
    What happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don`t think there`s a bigger house of cards than NYCFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either team could've won today. Chances galore both ways.

Honestly, I have little interest in analyzing this one. Tactics, defending, attacking... it's all thrown off by the damn tiny field. I'll simply say we responded well to going down, and Vanney did what he could to try to change things. Good start to the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take the point. Worried about SKC though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Villa handball goal shouldn't have counted, don't care how bad we defended that set piece

We may come to rue those lost points later on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Stream died right after Seba's goal. Anything interesting happen after?
    NYCFC had an open header just outside the 6 yard box go wide, should've scored. Giovinco had a solo run down the right, cut into the box and across it on his left and took a good shot but it was a little too close to Saunders. Nothing else of note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Villas goal was aided by his arm, it shouldnt have counted but the ref didnt see it. Regardless, im okay with a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    What happened

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In most seasons, a game like this would end and we'd have lost. Somehow, we kept them out but for a Delgado brain freeze and a hand ball. Should they have had more? Probably. So should we truth be told.

Just glad we are finished with that Dinky Toy ground for the season.

Vanney got the tactical change right with Cheyrou for Endoh. Delgado goes to the right and we move to a 4-4-1-1 with Johnson in the hole. Worked well. Then after we tie it up, somebody is yelling "BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SIX!" and I'm going "Who's the Rangers fan?" SkyTV tells me its Vanney saying "BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SHAPE" Which means we went back to a 4-5-1. Then we put in a couple of defensive subs and run the game out.

Take the point, move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Either team could've won today. Chances galore both ways.

Honestly, I have little interest in analyzing this one. Tactics, defending, attacking... it's all thrown off by the damn tiny field. I'll simply say we responded well to going down, and Vanney did what he could to try to change things. Good start to the season.
    with you. Almost random on that narrow pitch.

Cheyrou looked good coming on. Irwin very good, seba was Seba, perquis pretty good. Moor and Morrow showed some weaknesses. Johnson very good, Endoh weak, Oso, Delgado only ok. Betashour pretty decent.MB only ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most weeks Seba's goal would be up for GOTW but there's a lot to choose from this week.

SKC is going to be tough, won't have the luxury of using the first 30' to get a feeling for what needs to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take that. Great fighting spirit shown by the boys to comeback for a point today. The pitch made things a bit of a lottery. 4 points from 2 road games is a decent start.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went back and watched the buildup to the Seba goal. Beitashour somehow gets the ball to Delgado off a Perquis suicide pass and Pirlo bites forward. Delgado gets through the lines to Johnson who has an acre of space in front of their back 4. Johnson's pass to Seba is highish, but the control from Seba is great - then its just Seba weaving and putting it on net where Saunders screws up.

Fun goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reasonable performance for TFC given shit ref and narrow field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Reasonable performance for TFC given shit ref and narrow field.
    I wonder why he played a counter to start, though; I noticed Bradley and Johnson talking right before they went to full-field pressure, then Bradley went over and said something to Vanney and Vanney didn't look entirely convinced.

I don't know, probably reading shit into it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Villa is a thug cheater. My two cents. Thank God for Seba getting our side a point at Thug Central.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder why he played a counter to start, though; I noticed Bradley and Johnson talking right before they went to full-field pressure, then Bradley went over and said something to Vanney and Vanney didn't look entirely convinced.

I don't know, probably reading shit into it.
    Simply because TFC won playing counter last week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a terrible, terrible pitch. Tough to create much and play appealing soccer - pretty much hammer it into the box and hope for the best. No complaints about the penalty - however Villa's second goal should have never been allowed to stand. Very clear handball, but the Reds had many opportunities to clear it before the ball ended up in the net. Luckily, it seems we can always count on Super Seba to get us into a game. Nice ball into Perquis and a well taken goal (which Saunders probably should have stopped). But Good on us to come away with another point on the road. Excellent effort to come back and tie it.

Match Ratings:

Irwin - 7 - Had a very good save early on. A shaky moment or two but was solid for the most part. Not much he could do on either goal - stopped what he could.
    Beitashour - 6 - Looked good in possession and did well to link up with the midfield. Out-muscled on Villa's hand ball...err...I mean goal - however also had a goal saving tackle.
    Perquis - 7 - Showed great fight and passion all through the game. Some very good tackles and extremely hard on the ball - never scared to get stuck in. And treats every ball like it's his - hence the work to get on the end of his goal.
    Moor - 7 - Another very solid game from Moor. A real no-nonsense defender who hammers the ball out under any pressure. Him and Perquis seem to compliment each other quite well.
    Morrow - 6 - Just like last week, Morrow was unnoticed - great news for a defender. Very tidy in his own end and his willingness to get forward provides us some great width (hard to notice on this pitch though).
    Delgado - 6 - Not a spectacular game, but Marky does well on either side of half. Should have done better with the ball in threatening positions, however.
    Bradley - 6 - Didn't stand out but quietly had a good game. Very hard to create anything in such a tight, sloppy midfield. Not much room to work. But made all the tackles he needed to make.
    Johnson - 6 - Should have scored. Regardless, Johnson and Bradley make a very tough tackling midfield. Worked hard to win a number of balls. Had a good assist in a congested midfield.
    Osorio - 6 - Did well to get into some dangerous positions but not a lot of space to work. Had a good opportunity early on but didn't create much offense past that. Willing to help win battles in the midfield, though.
    Endoh - 5 - Started very brightly but needs to learn he can't dribble out of trouble every time. A couple poor touches later on and needs to be stronger on the ball. Bright future - he'll bounce back.
    Giovinco - 8 (Man of the Match) - What more needs to be said? We all know how unbelievable he is. Good free-kick to earn an assist, excellent run to score the 2nd, and came very near on a couple more opportunities. Looks dangerous EVERY time he's on the ball. When you hear a roar (or sigh of relief) from opposing supporters every time he's tackled, you know he's doing something right.

Substitutions:
    Cheyrou (59' for Endoh) - 6 - he always looks like he could play a critical ball into the attackers and draws opposing defenders to him. Hope to see Benny get some more time on the pitch and not strictly be a bench option.
    Morgan (88' for Osorio) - unrated
    Williams (90' for Johnson) - unrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Went back and watched the buildup to the Seba goal. Beitashour somehow gets the ball to Delgado off a Perquis suicide pass and Pirlo bites forward. Delgado gets through the lines to Johnson who has an acre of space in front of their back 4. Johnson's pass to Seba is highish, but the control from Seba is great - then its just Seba weaving and putting it on net where Saunders screws up.

Fun goal.
    Stupid control from Seba on that Johnson pass. Not many players that can pull that ball in, with complete control, and under pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    What a terrible, terrible pitch. Tough to create much and play appealing soccer - pretty much hammer it into the box and hope for the best. No complaints about the penalty - however Villa's second goal should have never been allowed to stand. Very clear handball, but the Reds had many opportunities to clear it before the ball ended up in the net. Luckily, it seems we can always count on Super Seba to get us into a game. Nice ball into Perquis and a well taken goal (which Saunders probably should have stopped). But Good on us to come away with another point on the road. Excellent effort to come back and tie it.

Match Ratings:

Irwin - 7 - Had a very good save early on. A shaky moment or two but was solid for the most part. Not much he could do on either goal - stopped what he could.
    Beitashour - 6 - Looked good in possession and did well to link up with the midfield. Out-muscled on Villa's hand ball...err...I mean goal - however also had a goal saving tackle.
    Perquis - 7 - Showed great fight and passion all through the game. Some very good tackles and extremely hard on the ball - never scared to get stuck in. And treats every ball like it's his - hence the work to get on the end of his goal.
    Moor - 7 - Another very solid game from Moor. A real no-nonsense defender who hammers the ball out under any pressure. Him and Perquis seem to compliment each other quite well.
    Morrow - 6 - Just like last week, Morrow was unnoticed - great news for a defender. Very tidy in his own end and his willingness to get forward provides us some great width (hard to notice on this pitch though).
    Delgado - 6 - Not a spectacular game, but Marky does well on either side of half. Should have done better with the ball in threatening positions, however.
    Bradley - 6 - Didn't stand out but quietly had a good game. Very hard to create anything in such a tight, sloppy midfield. Not much room to work. But made all the tackles he needed to make.
    Johnson - 6 - Should have scored. Regardless, Johnson and Bradley make a very tough tackling midfield. Worked hard to win a number of balls. Had a good assist in a congested midfield.
    Osorio - 6 - Did well to get into some dangerous positions but not a lot of space to work. Had a good opportunity early on but didn't create much offense past that. Willing to help win battles in the midfield, though.
    Endoh - 5 - Started very brightly but needs to learn he can't dribble out of trouble every time. A couple poor touches later on and needs to be stronger on the ball. Bright future - he'll bounce back.
    Giovinco - 8 (Man of the Match) - What more needs to be said? We all know how unbelievable he is. Good free-kick to earn an assist, excellent run to score the 2nd, and came very near on a couple more opportunities. Looks dangerous EVERY time he's on the ball. When you hear a roar (or sigh of relief) from opposing supporters every time he's tackled, you know he's doing something right.

Substitutions:
    Cheyrou (59' for Endoh) - 6 - he always looks like he could play a critical ball into the attackers and draws opposing defenders to him. Hope to see Benny get some more time on the pitch and not strictly be a bench option.
    Morgan (88' for Osorio) - unrated
    Williams (90' for Johnson) - unrated
    you are generous. For me, all of Moor, Moorow, Delgado, Oso and Bradley were in and out of the game, I would give each of them 5.5. On the other hand Johnson and Cheyrou were really effective, 7.0 and 6.5 for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    you are generous. For me, all of Moor, Moorow, Delgado, Oso and Bradley were in and out of the game, I would give each of them 5.5. On the other hand Johnson and Cheyrou were really effective, 7.0 and 6.5 for me.
    I try to hold 6 as a bit of an average. they have to be poor to fall below. Probably too generous with Moor, and Johnson was very close to a 7 for me too. Cheyrou good but i'd like to see him on the pitch more before I go too much higher