Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of running as a midfielder in a 4-3-3, it's best he remains a sub. Good option to have if we are searching for a goal, his passing ability can definitely help there (throw him on into Bradley's role where he can pass out of the back, and Bradley moves up the field where he can run around and be more involved in the attack).

My guess is Vanney keeps the same midfield. Only change is Delgado at LW instead of Lovitz (assuming Altidore can't go).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the Fire NYCFC game - NYCFC got away with two shirt pulls in the box on break aways. Could easily have been 2 DOGSO red cards. They played a high line and if they do that against us, they are going to get thumped.

But, OH MY GAWD, that Fire keeper was the worst I have ever see in MLS. How do you make that many miskicks and get to this level.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-08-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone going to be at Yankee Stadium for the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 3 points is doable.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Watching the Fire NYCFC game - NYCFC got away with two shirt pulls in the box on break aways. Could easily have been 2 DOGSO red cards. They played a high line and if they do that against us, they are going to get thumped.

But, OH MY GAWD, that Fire keeper was the worst I have ever see in MLS. How do you make that many miskicks and get to this level.

Looking forward to seeing us put a better number of shots on target not to mention possession. Sunday Funday.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to a great afternoon at Joe's for this game after the great start at RBA this past weekend.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore is still on the injury list. http://www.mlssoccer.com/injuries

I hope he will be ready to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's questionable I'd rather he stay out. We can beat NYC without him but I'm not sure we can beat SKC without him the following week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reports today both Altidore and Lampard will be missing.

plus ça change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense, wasn't the original tweet about Altidore's injury saying it would be up to two weeks? Besides, we know how bad of an idea it is to rush him into action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will be ready just in time for Jurgen to push him for 90 min twice in 5 days and send him and bradley back injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering the opposition, do you think it's possible that Klinsmann might leave Bradley and Altidore at home and try some new player combinations? They might leave them off the roster until the last push before the Hex.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a few days to go before the match, but right now the forecast in NY is partly cloudy at kick-off with a high expected of 17 Celsius. This week saw the temperatures there hit above 20, and they've been experiencing very fair and dry conditions - great weather for training, really. TFC, on the other hand, will be likely training under the bubble today and our forecast up until the flight to New York is much cooler and overcast. NYCFC could have a bit of an advantage with all that taken into consideration. They are also coming off a 4-3 road win against Chicago on Sunday, but I think it can be argued that TFC beat the better opponent - and were playing on the road as well. McNamara had a pretty good game, but the goal scoring was pretty diverse overall for New York.

Three points is very attainable for TFC, even if Altidore will be MIA. They've got pretty solid offense but so do we, and our defence is much tighter.

2-1 for TFC.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-11-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Considering the opposition, do you think it's possible that Klinsmann might leave Bradley and Altidore at home and try some new player combinations? They might leave them off the roster until the last push before the Hex.
    well, seeing as Klinsmann has refused to use any logic whatsoever in his four years at the helm of the USMNT, it's highly unlikely he'll start now.

The sooner they get rid of him the better honestly. He's an actively terrible coach, hated by most of his former players, who runs his teams into the ground by the end of his tnure. The US have lost an entire cycle of introducing players into the NT because he refuses to look at players based on merit. It's ridiculous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But..but....2006.
    That's the usual answer to questioning Klinsmann.

I just wish we had them in our WC qualifiers right now rather then Mexico - instead of hoping for 1 point out of the matches this month, we'd be looking to get 3 and possibly 4.

I'm pretty darn sure the rest of CONCACAF is happy he's around. My only qualms are he is a bad manager for our guys at TFC and he's not developing talent we could use.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that lineup is based on the fact that everyone put in a good shift on the weekend. However, I really feel as though Lovitz was only there to help match up with NYRB's mid. Vanney might well stick with what worked but I wouldn't be suprised to see Cheyrou play this weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is Mo getting 20 - 30 minutes. Very winnable game, and I think Seba has an encore from what he did in the Bronx last year. 3-1 TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I can tell you right now, if both are good to go no way JK leaves Jozy and The General off the roster for matches at the end of March.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was less then impressed with NYCFC last week.

BUT, the measure of a manager is being able to manage against opponents. If Viera is any good, this is his test. Can he figure out a way to stop us tearing holes between his lines? And can he figure out a way to get the ball to his forwards when the team doesn't give up the area between the mids and the defenders. NYCFC found it pretty easy to swing the ball around last week - the Fire put next to no pressure on their mids once the ball was cycled back around. Johnson and Osorio and Bradley won't let that happen.

That's why I suspect NYCFC is going to come out with something different then the 4-2-3-1 that acts like a 4-5-1. I think they might go with a 3-5-1-1 and just clog the middle, daring us to cross the ball into Seba if we go wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I think that lineup is based on the fact that everyone put in a good shift on the weekend. However, I really feel as though Lovitz was only there to help match up with NYRB's mid. Vanney might well stick with what worked but I wouldn't be suprised to see Cheyrou play this weekend.
    I think Cheyrou starts and Oso moves up to left wing. Legs don't matter as much on this tiny pitch and Oso and Gio combine well in tight situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatrootbear View Post
    Anyone going to be at Yankee Stadium for the game?
    Yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statement game. 4 - 1 TFC.
    "You shall not pass", says Irwin to Villa
    "Try and stop me", says Giovinco to the entire back line.
    Bradley, grins.
    Last edited by bigredone; 03-11-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was less then impressed with NYCFC last week.

BUT, the measure of a manager is being able to manage against opponents. If Viera is any good, this is his test. Can he figure out a way to stop us tearing holes between his lines? And can he figure out a way to get the ball to his forwards when the team doesn't give up the area between the mids and the defenders. NYCFC found it pretty easy to swing the ball around last week - the Fire put next to no pressure on their mids once the ball was cycled back around. Johnson and Osorio and Bradley won't let that happen.

That's why I suspect NYCFC is going to come out with something different then the 4-2-3-1 that acts like a 4-5-1. I think they might go with a 3-5-1-1 and just clog the middle, daring us to cross the ball into Seba if we go wide.
    We might be in luck; their new center half Felix Brillant was fined for slapping another player, which I assume comes with a suspension for a game. If not... what the fuck, MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We might be in luck; their new center half Felix Brillant was fined for slapping another player, which I assume comes with a suspension for a game. If not... what the fuck, MLS?
    only fine, no suspension

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...istian-bolanos

They did suspend Zubar for tackling Lovtiz (only yellow during game play)
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Nope Discipline report is out. Zubar got suspended for his challenge last week but no one from NYCFC is out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Still a few days to go before the match, but right now the forecast in NY is partly cloudy at kick-off with a high expected of 17 Celsius. This week saw the temperatures there hit above 20, and they've been experiencing very fair and dry conditions - great weather for training, really. TFC, on the other hand, will be likely training under the bubble today and our forecast up until the flight to New York is much cooler and overcast. NYCFC could have a bit of an advantage with all that taken into consideration. They are also coming off a 4-3 road win against Chicago on Sunday, but I think it can be argued that TFC beat the better opponent - and were playing on the road as well. McNamara had a pretty good game, but the goal scoring was pretty diverse overall for New York.

Three points is very attainable for TFC, even if Altidore will be MIA. They've got pretty solid offense but so do we, and our defence is much tighter.

2-1 for TFC.
    NYC won 4–3, but I agree with the three points being on the table for us. Do you one better: I'm feeling a 3–1 scoreline for the good guys, at the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I can tell you right now, if both are good to go no way JK leaves Jozy and The General off the roster for matches at the end of March.
    This always feels forced, unless in a tribute thread/banner or coming from a colour-commentator.
    Still, admire your passion!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think Cheyrou starts and Oso moves up to left wing. Legs don't matter as much on this tiny pitch and Oso and Gio combine well in tight situations.
    My thoughts, exactly, with Chapman and Delgado coming on for the two, respectively (unless the latter starts in place of Lovitz).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Nope Discipline report is out. Zubar got suspended for his challenge last week but no one from NYCFC is out.
    This is incredible, really.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-11-2016 at 02:41 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Jozy situation might be a way to get around the club-over-country conflict. Klinsmann will be calling players for the WC Qualifiers in a week or two and Jozy injured means he likely won't be called up or can justifiably decline. That means he'll miraculously recover to play while Bradley's away.