Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WhoScored stats report:

- Giovinco was great even besides the goals. Completed 100% of his passes and had 2 key passes as well, won 3 fouls
    - Bradley again led the team in tackles + interceptions
    - Johnson was great defensively in tackles + interceptions and picked up an assist
    - Another good game from Moor, lots of tackles and clearances
    - Endoh and Delgado both had rough games, low passing percentages, and Delgado was less involved defensively than usual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the point of video replay if they're going to ignore it?

God it's hard adjusting to this league after watching nothing but the European game for the past few months. Call me a snob, but there were more blown calls in this than ManYou v West Ham.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post

Uh, we don't have video replay yet. Its slated to be tried in USL a bit this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exciting game to watch despite the brutal pitch. I thought we created slightly more dangerous opportunities than they did overall, and probably deserved 3 points. Given the the way the match started though, I'm very content with the result. The boys showed character in fighting back.

4 points in the first 2 games is a solid start to the road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh, we don't have video replay yet. Its slated to be tried in USL a bit this season.
    Do we just have goal line? I could have sworn they were talking about implementing full replay...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we just have goal line? I could have sworn they were talking about implementing full replay...
    We don't even have goal line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God it's hard adjusting to this league after watching nothing but the European game for the past few months. Call me a snob, but there were more blown calls in this than ManYou v West Ham.
    and all the leagues I know of in Europe only have goal-line - some don't even have that. So they wouldn't catch a hand ball anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there a lot of talk from the league about MLS being the first to implement some kind of video replay technology? Did that even happen or am I thinking of something totally off base?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there a lot of talk from the league about MLS being the first to implement some kind of video replay technology? Did that even happen or am I thinking of something totally off base?
    Garber has said that he supports it and hopes to have it in MLS some day, but no, nothing implemented yet. USL is trialing it I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Garber has said that he supports it and hopes to have it in MLS some day, but no, nothing implemented yet. USL is trialing it I think.
    Damn, well thanks for clearing that up. I should have known the league was all talk on the issue. I swear they care more about making headlines than they do running a football league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big picture it's a solid start to the season. They are ahead by a point from where the people thought they would be. Endoh had a rough night, he looked like a rookie on the pitch. I wish they would posses the ball more instead of driving a searching ball over the top every time. Delgado had a brutal game and Bradley was on and off at best. Seba is unreal. I like how Johnson pressed and started making runs forward. Its is far from perfect but I'm happy with the point tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rare TFC game I was actually able to watch (God blesss ESPN australia/nz showing one game a week).

Too bad we didn't pressure the whole game. When under attack NYCFC folded like so many TFC teams that spent too much money on attacking players and none on defenders

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a start for Seba. After 35 MLS gms, goals and assists, .Giovinco, 42 (24/18) Diallo, 38 (32/6) Diaz Arce, 37 (32/5) Moreno, 37 (22/15) Valderrama, 37 (7/30). Simply one of the best this league has ever seen.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Too bad we didn't pressure the whole game. When under attack NYCFC folded like so many TFC teams that spent too much money on attacking players and none on defenders
    I seem to recall a lot of discussion on the board before the game talking about this very thing, and Twellman talked about it the entire first half on the stream I watched. And I agree with jloome that that's probably what Bradley was discussing with Vanney - the stream focused on that conversation quite a bit as they were waiting for a free kick to be taken. Everyone seemed to know that was the way to go except for Vanney - and I'm by no means a Vanney hater (I'd love to see him grow with TFC and be successful). I understand we won with sitting back and the counter last week, but inviting that kind of pressure in the first half from NYCFC on that field seems like a pretty boneheaded decision.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle has some words about the game in his weekly tactical round up.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...ks-more-week-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gaurdian also took the positive spin on TFC, saying we adapted after a rough start and showed character and resilience.

Overall, I'm very pleased with having 4 points so far. Only 6 more road games to go!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, well thanks for clearing that up. I should have known the league was all talk on the issue. I swear they care more about making headlines than they do running a football league.

The testing begins this weekend, apparently. http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016...n-super-league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just catching up on this game..after the MLS Live blackout. First thoughts are ...Johnson played a blinder and for me is back to his best from 2014...big big addition to this team. Watching their goals in real time...pretty soft penalty... Technically yes ...but would not have bee a peep if it wasn't called. 2nd goal was a handball ..but we were weak letting the play develop. We had about 3-4 decent opportunities that should have been taken. Nothing too much to worry about...this is the best TFC team I have seen.