Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Rollins is reporting that AC Milan is preparing a January bid for Bradley and that TFC will consider it.
    Take the offer and run. Giovinco has been the catalyst for this team the past 2 seasons, and Bradley has really taken it DOWN a notch since his arrival (Columbus away game where he single-handedly created a goal for himself is a fond memory of the Bradley I wish we still had) Johnson can fill in quite well for Bradley I'd say, and with him leaving it would justify Will's salary and create a bit more value that way because we won't have 400,000 sitting on the bench. Use that DP spot on a true attacking midfielder..... a Lodeiro or Valeri or Piatti...... I'm salivating at the thought of Cooper, Giovinco, Altidore, and someone like Piatti running at backlines

Irwin
    Beita - Zavaleta - Moor - Morrow
    Johnson
    Osorio - DP AM - Cooper
    Alti - Seba

that's deadly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...first of all...

he's good enough for AC freaking Milan but not for TFC!?!?!!?

Like, seriously, think about that for a moment.

And then think about it again.

This is the team that beat Juve this weekend. And they possibly want a TFC player. And people think that TFC player isn't good enough for us?!?!!

Then I show ya'll this pass from today:

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/10...?autoplay=true

And he does at least 3 like that every single freaking game.

In this league, line busting passes are gold.

BTW, I'll believe Italian rumours when they actually happen. If Milan comes a calling with a boatload of cash and Bradley wants to leave, we can't stop him. But saying he's easy to replace? Nope.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-23-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milan can't afford his wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he'll be out on a loan deal to Swansea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    He would be taking a massive pay cut to go anywhere else. That being said, I am curious as to whether Bradley himself feels like he needs to play at a higher level to maintain his own.

Our playoff run and his performance in it will probably play a big role in deciding his future here. If management is indeed planning to consider bids for him, rather than brush them off as we know they've done with Giovinco and Altidore, they may be thinking they could do better with that DP slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milan were taken over by a Chinese group. 100 million Euro to spend in next two windows. Its was a part of the terms of the sale that they spend big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Milan were taken over by a Chinese group. 100 million Euro to spend in next two windows. Its was a part of the terms of the sale that they spend big.

I'll believe it when I see it. Every new owner pledges to spend tons of money when they come in. From my POV, I think they think they've got something good going with the youth route their on and they're going to stick with it. They also can't spend that much of there owners money if they want to make Europe due to FFP. A fairly high % of the money they spend has to come from their revenue. Since they don't own their stadium and they get very little TV+sponsorship money they can't just go crazy with outside investment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a massive difference between going on loan to Swansea, and being bought by Milan.

The former makes sense to me, the latter doesn't. Milan would get crucified by their fan base if they made any kind of commitment to any older player who hadn't played in a top league for three years.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll believe it when I see it. Every new owner pledges to spend tons of money when they come in. From my POV, I think they think they've got something good going with the youth route their on and they're going to stick with it. They also can't spend that much of there owners money if they want to make Europe due to FFP. A fairly high % of the money they spend has to come from their revenue. Since they don't own their stadium and they get very little TV+sponsorship money they can't just go crazy with outside investment.
    Under the revised FFP rules new owners can pump in as much cash as they like as long as they submit a business plan to UEFA about how and when they will break even.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the revised FFP rules new owners can pump in as much cash as they like as long as they submit a business plan to UEFA about how and when they will break even**.

But they would still have to break even within a reasonable amount of time. If they spend the amount of money that you're suggesting I don't see how that's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they would still have to break even within a reasonable amount of time. If they spend the amount of money that you're suggesting I don't see how that's possible.
    We'll it wouldn't be 100m straight on the books. The transfer fees are amortised over the length of a players contract on their financials. If they put the money in and then qualify for the Champions League regularly it should be doable. They can always sell Romagnoli and Donnaruma for big big fees to offset any losses if needs be too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll it wouldn't be 100m straight on the books. The transfer fees are amortised over the length of a players contract on their financials. If they put the money in and then qualify for the Champions League regularly it should be doable. They can always sell Romagnoli and Donnaruma for big big fees to offset any losses if needs be too.
    Maybe. Even with champions league money they're miles behind most other big clubs because they don't really get stadium revenue and their domestic tv deal is shit. I just doubt Uefa would OK their plan without it containing some sort of tangible plan for a heavy increase in regular, yearly revenue.

Anyway. My point was that Milan have to be careful with their money. I doubt they'd go after Bradley right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we back to needing another solid CB?

Dont think the kids are ready for the big time

Sucks that perquis didnt work out, saw him on tv playing the other day. Looked good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Take the offer and run. Giovinco has been the catalyst for this team the past 2 seasons, and Bradley has really taken it DOWN a notch since his arrival (Columbus away game where he single-handedly created a goal for himself is a fond memory of the Bradley I wish we still had) Johnson can fill in quite well for Bradley I'd say, and with him leaving it would justify Will's salary and create a bit more value that way because we won't have 400,000 sitting on the bench. Use that DP spot on a true attacking midfielder..... a Lodeiro or Valeri or Piatti...... I'm salivating at the thought of Cooper, Giovinco, Altidore, and someone like Piatti running at backlines

Irwin
    Beita - Zavaleta - Moor - Morrow
    Johnson
    Osorio - DP AM - Cooper
    Alti - Seba

that's deadly
    then super sub rickets in there, and boom

I dont think Zavs is LT solution though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well...first of all...

he's good enough for AC freaking Milan but not for TFC!?!?!!?

Like, seriously, think about that for a moment.

And then think about it again.

This is the team that beat Juve this weekend. And they possibly want a TFC player. And people think that TFC player isn't good enough for us?!?!!

Then I show ya'll this pass from today:

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/10...?autoplay=true

And he does at least 3 like that every single freaking game.

In this league, line busting passes are gold.

BTW, I'll believe Italian rumours when they actually happen. If Milan comes a calling with a boatload of cash and Bradley wants to leave, we can't stop him. But saying he's easy to replace? Nope.
    It's not a matter of "good enough" it's about getting the most value for the money you spent.

Case in point nobody would argue that Defoe wasn't a hell of a player but his impact on a MLS team is not what giovinco's is.

It's tough to get the most out of Michael Bradley in MLS with the players around him.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-24-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It's not a matter of "good enough" it's about getting the most value for the money you spent.

Case in point nobody would argue that Defoe was a hell of a player but his impact on a MLS team is not what giovinco's is.

It's tough to get the most out of Michael Bradley in MLS with the players around him.
    plus all the international tournaments in the summer months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a crazy AC Milan fan my entire life and having tons of family in Italy and Milan..I can assure you 1000000% Milan is not interested in Bradley....ever since we were linked to the new Chinese mega rich owners (were talking government owned business, would be top 5 richest teams in the world), media and everyone else has been linking players to milan.

Milan is finally coming back from the dead and they are building this team around Italian youth, they will be buying a few players in the winter transfer window and yes they will be midfield help, but Bradley is not one of them..simply not good enough, lets be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Being a crazy AC Milan fan my entire life and having tons of family in Italy and Milan..I can assure you 1000000% Milan is not interested in Bradley....ever since we were linked to the new Chinese mega rich owners (were talking government owned business, would be top 5 richest teams in the world), media and everyone else has been linking players to milan.

Milan is finally coming back from the dead and they are building this team around Italian youth, they will be buying a few players in the winter transfer window and yes they will be midfield help, but Bradley is not one of them..simply not good enough, lets be honest.

I got that impression also, it was just week they ie Ac Milan were said to be in actual talks with Fabregas. The press know they have some money and they will be linked with a lot of players over the coming months, probably most of bollocks.
    I do think however there is some genuine truth in that Bradley may leave but I'm not sure where yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny look at Man Utd.. 150 Million Pounds and they are getting worse fast. TFC has had the highest MLS wage bill for 3 seasons and we are hardly dominating anything. There is a lot more to success than a big stash of cash. The most critical thing is a top class manager (which is entirely different than a manger that was top class...or might be top class someday.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    plus all the international tournaments in the summer months
    That as well. Heck we've released players for non-FIFA dates at the request of the usmnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm skeptical about this Milan rumor proceeding to an actual sale but the FO very publicly entertaining it might signal to others that MB is available. I still feel that MB won't go unless he wants to go. Maybe some decisions have been made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im surprised Bradley came back this year, TBH. His skill level isn't the main point. I think, for me anyway, that the amount of money the club pays him is not justified by overall team performance - The team plays just fine without him. 5million bucks can be spent on more impactful positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'm skeptical about this Milan rumor proceeding to an actual sale but the FO very publicly entertaining it might signal to others that MB is available. I still feel that MB won't go unless he wants to go. Maybe some decisions have been made.
    I'll stand by Rollins' lack of record.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC would happily move both Bradley and Altidore. Other than short term loan deals, I doubt there is any way to do this without eating a lot of salary, but no one will ever admit it, if that comes to pass.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley and Altidore have huge marketing value for an MLS team, I don't think we would eat any salary, their marketing potential for a US club is huge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    What he said.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    What he said.
    Pretty much. +1

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bradley leaves for Italy, it will be because he wants to play in Italy, nothing to do with money. He'll be leaving money on the table in that case.

Otherwise, if TFC moves him, it will be to a big market US club where the marketing value of "America's captain" will be huge.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-24-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think TFC would happily move both Bradley and Altidore. Other than short term loan deals, I doubt there is any way to do this without eating a lot of salary, but no one will ever admit it, if that comes to pass.
    TFC was making money, and its highly likely they are now losing money. MB and Jozy obvious ways to go from loss to profit, but Gio is going to want some players his class around him. I think we are at a moment where management is thinking this through, that's why rumours are surfacing.. 3 home playoff games might change the financial equation though.