Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If memory serves me correctly, watching Arabe Unido play in the CCL was one of the most embarrassing displays of diving and cheating I have ever seen. It was pretty shocking even by Concacaf standards. You have to respect Cooper's resume having played in the Argentine Primera, Bundesliga 2, and over 50 caps with Panama, but I hope he doesn't bring those antics to BMO (or MLS for that matter).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote from a dude on MLSsoccer
    " I find it very surprising that MLS hadn't made news with Armando Cooper before. I think the Red Bulls had made contact with him a couple of years back but he ended going to Romania. NYCFC also contacted him this season but nothing concrete. He's such a solid player for Panama -- one of the most important at the moment, and the current favorite for Panama's head coach Bolillo Gomez.

Cooper is one of those lethal, quick, incisive, type of players. He is able to perform very well on 1v1 situations. And even 2v1. He has excelled as an attacking winger for Panama for almost 10 years. He and Alberto Quintero from the Quakes have formed a duo that is feared and respected in Concacaf.

Cooper is very flexible when it comes to positions although he prefers being a right wing. He has been deployed as defensive mid, central mid, right back, left winger and even second forward. And he has done a very good job at all those positions. Though he would always prefer being a right winger. He is such a good all-around player. When used as a central or defensive midfielder, he is a possession machine. Very calm on the ball. Great distribution. Good eye for gaps. Surprisingly solid on defense.I have to say he plays very similar to Mix Diskerud when playing centrally. When on the wings, though, he is a completely different player. Think of a Mike Grella with better pace. That's Cooper.

Looking at Toronto's usual 4-4-2 diamond, he would slide perfectly into one of the wide positions of the midfield. Expect him to fit into the starting 11 very soon, if not immediately. Cooper is a very talented player. I'm not too familiar with TFC lineups, but who usually plays those two wide positions? Endoh, Osorio, Delgado?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he should be an upgrade on all 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    it would have looked better if Cooper loan was announced by transfer deadline, and say subjected to arrival of Cooper's ITC or whatever paperwork. instead of announcing it now

EXcept that no deal has been announced. If its a loan deal and it was agreed between league (on TFC behalf) and player and his Panama club. What is left? The ITC would have no hold up cuz its an agreed loan, so the holder of the ITC has no reason to screw around like Ricketts turkish situation.

if player is unhappy about something, then cant say we want an unhappy player. Hes been loaned before.

I often wonder is work permit/immigration status is an issue that the league has much more work to do than the public realize. Some people just are not eligible to enter Canada for a host of personal reason. When Gerrard was a no show in the spring, he didnt even travel to Canada. That could have been a US immigration status issue ( if you leave during a status application, many situations require you to restart your whole US immigration process from the beginning on attempted reentry). I know the Gerrard situation was stated to be something else, but i have had to deal with US/Canada work permit immigration issues so often it got me wondering.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    EXcept that no deal has been announced. If its a loan deal and it was agreed between league (on TFC behalf) and player and his Panama club. What is left? The ITC would have no hold up cuz its an agreed loan, so the holder of the ITC has no reason to screw around like Ricketts turkish situation.

if player is unhappy about something, then cant say we want an unhappy player. Hes been loaned before.

I often wonder is work permit/immigration status is an issue that the league has much more work to do than the public realize. Some people just are not eligible to enter Canada for a host of personal reason. When Gerrard was a no show in the spring, he didnt even travel to Canada. That could have been a US immigration status issue ( if you leave during a status application, many situations require you to restart your whole US immigration process from the beginning on attempted reentry). I know the Gerrard situation was stated to be something else, but i have had to deal with US/Canada work permit immigration issues so often it got me wondering.
    Gerrard played in Montreal in May.

Gerrard did not play, and was not a substitute for the game against Vancouver in BC on April 2nd this year. While I was doing that, I noticed that the Whitecaps played LA twice in LA last year, and will play them twice in LA this year, too. I thought that the schedule was supposed to alternate who got the extra home game.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep hearing about this Armando Cooper. When will we hear something definitive about him joining TFC?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I keep hearing about this Armando Cooper. When will we hear something definitive about him joining TFC?
    supposedly this week

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not listed on the Arabe unido team website squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He hasn't been named in Panamas squad for the upcoming qualifiers either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Armando Cooper in Toronto? has he been training with the team for even 'fitness' reasons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine he would have trouble getting his work visa if his paper work hasn't been completed. Might make getting into the country to train difficult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully he can come before the Montreal game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what the hold up is, it seams pretty clear his Panamanian team is fine with him leaving as he had basically been announced as a signing by a Colombian team earlier this offseason. Maybe the team he almost transferred to is holding this up as they think he is part of their team or had the ITC transfer already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's dragging out this long i'd wager it's immigration related.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article from the Panamanian press on Cooper run through google translate. Nothing on the actual move here more of a critique on him. Interesting stuff.

That's the hardest own 11 Panama National Team match: you contend against himself.

I'll leave it clear for the umpteenth time: Armando Cooper (for me) is the most imaginative player of all Panama. Inside the court, it is quite exceptional. However, I must say: it is a wayward talent off the pitch. We can not deny it. Neither the own Hernan Dario Gomez can cover the sun with a finger.
    Cooper, a different player, with a superb, versatile and also with personality foot, not yet filled all the squares of sheet standards to be an athlete with a remarkable regularity, an issue that has him --in larga-- toll through his career. So much so that, as yet, has not been able to settle in any relevant club and, most importantly, hold, grow and mature in a demanding competition.
    Armando Cooper vs. Armando Cooper. That's the hardest own 11 Panama National Team match: you contend against himself. No more no less. If you want to regain the confidence and achieve their best footballing version, you should start by looking in the mirror, reflect and realize that his career may end up being shorter than normal. Only he has the key to this car and only he can handle it. But no one. If captivates in Toronto MLS (eye, is not yet official), you will win integers and you can take flight again.
    Yes, you have to work and earn triple the minutes in training and, of course, be displayed on the opportunities available. Nothing will win if he wants to walk divo, and that he knows perfectly. Learning from mistakes is wise and should do it or yes.
    What will happen if they do not meet expectations and if not put on your part? For the umpteenth time and unfortunately, we would see a Cooper fighting until the late hours of legs international market to close with a team. Negatives: "Bolillo" will not enjoy it and even the thread will break.
    Armando Cooper vs. Armando Cooper. Your future is in your hands, only in your hands.The bomb is about to expired. What is the biggest mistake a player who failed to settle down? The lost time. Lying is not ...
    http://www.tvmax-9.com/somoslasele/A...554294649.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC make it official(ish) - tweeted it out that we acquired cooper on loan but link doesn't go anywhere

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out now.

Loan as a Discovery signing. " He will be added to the roster pending receipt of his Canadian work permit."

Not expecting him to be on the roster until Montreal. Even then, there's a two week break until Chicago.

This is a move for 2017 - yes there will be some stuff this season but I think we will see the real development of the relationships in 2017. If he can take the playmaking load off of Chapman and Giovinco, the attack could be fearsome.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Out now.

Loan as a Discovery signing. " He will be added to the roster pending receipt of his Canadian work permit."

Not expecting him to be on the roster until Montreal. Even then, there's a two week break until Chicago.

This is a move for 2017 - yes there will be some stuff this season but I think we will see the real development of the relationships in 2017. If he can take the playmaking load off of Chapman and Giovinco, the attack could be fearsome.
    I agree, but we could see him do stuff during our playoff run.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Out now.

I prefer this to not be a move for 2017, how can you judge a guy off two months of work, you need the guy to settle in to see what you have in him and this isn't enough time to determine if he is any good.

I actually don't want to see a SA experiment next year in this situation, but I guess it really depends on how much it costs us, I rather we still try to get someone with more pedigree considering we do have money to allocate from what I have heard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney says TFC got Cooper through mechanisms he hadn't heard of before... - Larsun
    Now that is proper MLS action right there.

But will we ever learn about this "mechanism" and how does it help the Galaxy?
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-18-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fingers crossed he can win the integers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Now this is proper MLS action right there.
    LOL, this fucking league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low-risk playoff depth in a position of need, good move. Ideally Chapman continues to play well enough to hold down the CAM spot and Cooper can be an impact player off the bench or when we're short on numbers due to injury and other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    LOL, this fucking league.
    DATELINE August 18, 2055 - New Yorkadelphia. Major League Soccer mourns the death of Commissioner Tim Bezbatchenko. In addition to his duties running the affairs of the 97 team league, he held the distinction of being the last person to know all the MLS transfer procedures and funding mechanisms. Multiple sources around the league lament the murky future ahead with no one with the slightest idea of how each teams 35 different salary caps interact. Long time MLS players union boss, Marky Delgado is quoted as being unsure any current player in the league is legally under contract, as the collective bargaining agreement has been in binding arbitration since 2019.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Low-risk playoff depth in a position of need, good move. Ideally Chapman continues to play well enough to hold down the CAM spot and Cooper can be an impact player off the bench or when we're short on numbers due to injury and other things.
    More like the other way around. Cooper is way better than Chapman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    remains to be seen. Bottom line is we're significantly more dangerous offensively right now when Chapman is on the field. I don't know how much we want to mess with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I would wait to see how Cooper does here before declaring him way better. Regardless, I want Chapman to continue developing so I hope he keeps getting significant playing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    DATELINE August 18, 2055 - New Yorkadelphia. Major League Soccer mourns the death of Commissioner Tim Bezbatchenko. In addition to his duties running the affairs of the 97 team league, he held the distinction of being the last person to know all the MLS transfer procedures and funding mechanisms. Multiple sources around the league lament the murky future ahead with no one with the slightest idea of how each teams 35 different salary caps interact. Long time MLS players union boss, Marky Delgado is quoted as being unsure any current player in the league is legally under contract, as the collective bargaining agreement has been in binding arbitration since 2019.
    omfg this is gold

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Now that is proper MLS action right there.

But will we ever learn about this "mechanism" and how does it help the Galaxy?
    LOL, nailed it right there.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto