Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2069
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaaa....good times....good times.

Anyhooooo.....TFC journos starting to admit Cooper's name has come up but nothing definite.

And...boom goes the Larson.

Given we apparently waited since March for Ricketts ITC.... when.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-12-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larson says it's a loan deal. Terms settled but ITC/other paperwork not done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of a loan, we won't be commiting to a long term contract without first seeing how the player fits into our system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 2m2 minutes ago
    Like the Cooper deal. 1) Because it's a loan. 2) Because he's in his prime and has been in spicy games. Playoff pressure won't faze him.

1 retweet0 likes

I agree with Kurt here.
    Loan deal is great, because it let's us see if he'll actually fit in MLS before fully committing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaaaand transfer window is closed, so unless Cooper is a free agent, TFC can't sign him
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Aaaaand transfer window is closed, so unless Cooper is a free agent, TFC can't sign him
    There's some confusion over this...

As long as the written date on the transfer paperwork is within the transfer window, that's all that matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on... you know as well as anyone how "fluid" MLS rules are.

All they have to say is that the transfer was registered with MLS prior to window closing, but that ITC/other paperwork held up his arrival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheeler and Molinaro confirming Kurt's report now too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that it's a loan. Bez not making the same mistakes as with Gomez and Kantari. If he works out, great, if not, we can find a better player in the offseason.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    There's some confusion over this...

As long as the written date on the transfer paperwork is within the transfer window, that's all that matters.
    Sketchy... a 'loan' deal 9 days after transfer window closed? Even fudging the date on the 'loan'... one or 2 days, whatever. 9 days? Everyone's going to accuse MLS FO for bending over for TFC.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Come on... you know as well as anyone how "fluid" MLS rules are.

All they have to say is that the transfer was registered with MLS prior to window closing, but that ITC/other paperwork held up his arrival.
    it would have looked better if Cooper loan was announced by transfer deadline, and say subjected to arrival of Cooper's ITC or whatever paperwork. instead of announcing it now

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the guy can move the ball quickly, like we want to see out of our mids, then the experience will help and he's a good addition to the AM role.

Given how important temperament fit has been in building this team, I am supposing they did their homework on his attitude. If not, I'm pretty sure we have the characters now around to get him squared with the program.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose making it a loan deal also might get around some of the cap issues as well would it not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- loan deal
    - in his prime
    - CAM

I'm all for it. Should he fail, it's no problem. Should he succeed, hopefully we can lock him up longer term at a decent wage.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And ...he has been to Toronto once before.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/toronto-...me-win-p145763
    I will never forget that night, it was the emptiest I have ever seen BMO. There could not have been more 2-3K in the stands. I sat right behind the bench and you could hear a pin drop in there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was at that game...it was more like 10k at the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sketchy... a 'loan' deal 9 days after transfer window closed? Even fudging the date on the 'loan'... one or 2 days, whatever. 9 days? Everyone's going to accuse MLS FO for bending over for TFC.
    Who really gives a fuck what others say, and it's not like the league FO hasn't bent over backwards for more let's say favourable teams in the past,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper: Dribbling ability is immense, decent finishing but link play/short passing is...meh.

I personally like the loan deal I think with his playing style he would give our offense a good jolt in creativity. Players that dribble like him inspire others to play more creatively. Interesting move TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Who really gives a fuck what others say, and it's not like the league FO hasn't bent over backwards for more let's say favourable teams in the past,
    This. Also we shouldn't be so foolish as to think that any of us has a handle on how transfer windows and or finances work in this league. It literally couldn't be more secretive or esoteric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    It would be nice if the league started to join the other professional sports league on this continent in terms of legitimacy.

The sports being hindered with the way MLS is governing the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest this move feels like a Kantari signing, hope for the best, but don't expect much, except this time TFC learned to not commit to a contract if this guy flops.

Not really enthused by this signing at all, he better work his way into the team like Vanney did with the other players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No real opinion at this point without understanding what else they could have done.

Not sure this guy will hit the field .
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low risk acquisition that might bolster our attacking depth. Cooper is the type of inexpensive South American player with a decent pedigree that many of us have been preaching management should target for years. I'm ok with this move, given our extremely limited cap space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obligatory Youtube highlight reel:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    To be honest this move feels like a Kantari signing, hope for the best, but don't expect much, except this time TFC learned to not commit to a contract if this guy flops.

Not really enthused by this signing at all, he better work his way into the team like Vanney did with the other players.
    The one difference between this and Kantari is if he doesn't work out, we stick with Chapman, Delgado and Osorio who have been good enough. Kantari tried to fill a hole in the defence and he wasn't up to snuff. This guy, in theory, adds to a solid squad.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Obligatory Youtube highlight reel:
    Thanks for doing the Short Pants scouting for all of us. He has some serious skills but that video has some of the worst music I have ever heard for a player video.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-12-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was a 55 min scouting trip.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A comment from a user on a cooper and tfc article from mls website:

"Why has it taken this long for any MLS teams to look at picking up Armando Cooper?.......I've watched Arabe Unido in the past two SCCLs and he was absolutely their most dangerous player......"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low risk acquisition that might bolster our attacking depth. Cooper is the type of inexpensive South American player with a decent pedigree that many of us have been preaching management should target for years. I'm ok with this move, given our extremely limited cap space.
    This. Bang-on move by Bez, even if it doesn't come good. It shows that management is at least looking in the right places. Considering this was squeezed in at a point when everyone assumed there wouldn't be any more reinforcements arriving, I'm not quite sure why people are questioning it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, and when it does happen many a fan will be waffling, alas TFC supporters can be so fickle at times. I am okay with this, like management really need my approval