Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Anything on that Attacking Mid that is Balkan? I'm assuming they are going to wait until the off season or is the talk still ongoing?
    I'd be really surprised if anything happens on this before the offseason. That being said, I've been trying to keep tabs on the players I identified (link).

Stanciu is out of our reach IMO, and Malli is still being linked to Tottenham. I've found some tweets and an article that claim Semir Stilic is returning to Wisla Krakow in Poland, so he may be out. On the other hand, Alexandru Maxim is the player that really caught my eye, and he seems unsettled. Daniel Didavi was the attacking midfielder that was ahead of Maxim in Stuttgart's team, but after Stuttgart was relegated and his contract was up he joined Wolfsburg for the upcoming season, so Maxim should be the go-to playmaker for the team now (and he was given the #10 shirt). The German 2nd division has already just begun over the weekend, but Maxim was on the bench to start Stuttgart's match vs. St. Pauli. He ended up being subbed on in the 2nd half and promptly scored, then set up the winning goal. He won the match for Stuttgart. But he wasn't happy at not starting - I found a bunch of German articles (ran through Google translate) where he is quoted as saying something along the lines of "I have done nothing wrong and it's difficult for me to accept this decision". Their manager apparently was unhappy with his training. And his agent is talking to the press now (link):

As you guessed it, it's actually happened. Maxim came on in the 46th minute. He then scored the equalizer and prepared the winning goal against with.
    It made me very happy that he showed the right reaction. He has made the difference. But you could see in the friendlies already that he enriched the team with his footballing class. I think we need not discuss it, that he belongs to the team. Why the Jos Luhukay has him still on the bench, I can not say. I just know that in practice nothing has happened, what this measure would be justified.

Now Maxim is frustrated and wants to VfB leave?
    The situation is certainly not easy for him. Or how would you behave because under these circumstances? We have Alex convinces the season from sticking and help ensure that the resurgence is managed in the Bundesliga with VfB. Primarily he has now signed a contract until 2019, but that the decision of Jos Luhukay him really hurt, is also logical. Therefore, he naturally makes his thoughts.
    From that translation, his agent suggests the club convinced him to stay after they were relegated, so it's a bad look that he didn't start the first game of the year. Hopefully their manager keeps limiting his minutes... I hope Bez is all over this. He looks like a good player, if he actually wants to leave, I'm sure he's going to get a lot of interest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didavi was never a viable option. Dudes stock is high in the Bundesliga. Maxim is a decent player that showed a lot of potential early on but seems to have dropped stock along side playing on a mismanaged shit team. Pretty sure he'd be a DP here, he's not on a lot but feel certain he's making over a million bucks a year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I'd be really surprised if anything happens on this before the offseason. That being said, I've been trying to keep tabs on the players I identified (link).

Stanciu is out of our reach IMO, and Malli is still being linked to Tottenham. I've found some tweets and an article that claim Semir Stilic is returning to Wisla Krakow in Poland, so he may be out. On the other hand, Alexandru Maxim is the player that really caught my eye, and he seems unsettled. Daniel Didavi was the attacking midfielder that was ahead of Maxim in Stuttgart's team, but after Stuttgart was relegated and his contract was up he joined Wolfsburg for the upcoming season, so Maxim should be the go-to playmaker for the team now (and he was given the #10 shirt). The German 2nd division has already just begun over the weekend, but Maxim was on the bench to start Stuttgart's match vs. St. Pauli. He ended up being subbed on in the 2nd half and promptly scored, then set up the winning goal. He won the match for Stuttgart. But he wasn't happy at not starting - I found a bunch of German articles (ran through Google translate) where he is quoted as saying something along the lines of "I have done nothing wrong and it's difficult for me to accept this decision". Their manager apparently was unhappy with his training. And his agent is talking to the press now (link):

From that translation, his agent suggests the club convinced him to stay after they were relegated, so it's a bad look that he didn't start the first game of the year. Hopefully their manager keeps limiting his minutes... I hope Bez is all over this. He looks like a good player, if he actually wants to leave, I'm sure he's going to get a lot of interest.
    fantastic work, thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Didavi was never a viable option. Dudes stock is high in the Bundesliga. Maxim is a decent player that showed a lot of potential early on but seems to have dropped stock along side playing on a mismanaged shit team. Pretty sure he'd be a DP here, he's not on a lot but feel certain he's making over a million bucks a year
    Never thought we'd be after Didavi, I was just providing more context since originally I was unsure as to why Maxim was losing playing time despite playing well. I've tried looking for his salary, I found a Romanian article when he was originally signed by Stuttgart that said he was on 480k euros, but he's signed an extension since then so it's probably higher now. I'm not sure if it would be higher than $1 million or not ($1 million being the max a player can earn to qualify for TAM funds).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Never thought we'd be after Didavi, I was just providing more context since originally I was unsure as to why Maxim was losing playing time despite playing well. I've tried looking for his salary, I found a Romanian article when he was originally signed by Stuttgart that said he was on 480k euros, but he's signed an extension since then so it's probably higher now. I'm not sure if it would be higher than $1 million or not ($1 million being the max a player can earn to qualify for TAM funds).
    gotcha.
    Maxim would be an intriguing player to have. Curious to see if he'd be interested in coming. Stuttgart look like a mess no matter what, gotta wonder what interest is like in the rest of the league/B1 too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Have to add in all the advertising revenue outside game day as well as all the tie ins and ads on game day. Also the luxury seats and boxes too. Be interesting to see what KIA pays towards the academy to keep their name on it.
    the projection would be longer term than the next 3/4 years.
    All the labeling, food and beer sales , apparel shirt sales, in and out of game Ads (freakn pizza pizza is drilled into my head), MLSE portion of MLS's earnings, academy fees (all that comes with that). The breadth is massive and there is more to it than TV deals.

a good example is UFC. Its absolutely massive and they pretty much run the entire ship themselves without a major network telling them what to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, this is being reported:

Me informan que Armando Cooper firmaría con Toronto FC de la MLS. Nada oficial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this:

José Ángel Rodríguez@jose_angel17 32m32 minutes agoPanamaView translation
    Armando Cooper sería nuevo jugador del @torontofc y partiría la otra semana para Canadá.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this link Cooper was linked to Vancouver possibly in December 2015 and Portland holds his discovery rights.

http://theprovince.com/sports/soccer...anamanian-pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking into this a little it appears he had a move set to another club (Rionegro Aguilas in Columbia) but something fell apart, likely $$$.

So he appears to be a free agent but wouldn't we have had to acquire his discovery rights before the transfer window closed or does that only apply when an ITC is changing hands?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    looking into this a little it appears he had a move set to another club (Rionegro Aguilas in Columbia) but something fell apart, likely $$$.

So he appears to be a free agent but wouldn't we have had to acquire his discovery rights before the transfer window closed or does that only apply when an ITC is changing hands?
    My understanding is that if he is a free agent, he can sign with an MLS club outside of the transfer window. But, who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    My understanding is that if he is a free agent, he can sign with an MLS club outside of the transfer window. But, who knows.
    More a question if his discovery rights are held by another team can we still acquire them. We can sign free agents til some time in dept (roster freeze date)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    And this:

José Ángel Rodríguez@jose_angel17 32m32 minutes agoPanamaView translation
    Armando Cooper sería nuevo jugador del @torontofc y partiría la otra semana para Canadá.
    This guy is saying a deal was done last week but was held up by paperwork. Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question is, does Armando Cooper have a good enough pedigree to be a starting AM for this team? I have to admit I don't know much about him, he wasn't in Bundesliga 2 for long (like 125 minutes) and plays primarily in the Panamanian league with not much in the way of goals. Jay Chapman may be better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potentially, yes. He's also played in Argentina and the Copa Lib. 71 caps for Panama.

Curiously, given the recent Baltic links, he spent a season in Romania too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    My question is, does Armando Cooper have a good enough pedigree to be a starting AM for this team? I have to admit I don't know much about him, he wasn't in Bundesliga 2 for long (like 125 minutes) and plays primarily in the Panamanian league with not much in the way of goals. Jay Chapman may be better?
    He's got 54 caps for Panama, so he has some quality. Might not dominate this league, but could be useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he start over Jay Chapman?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Does he start over Jay Chapman?
    If he is better....yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rony Vargas VargasVerified account@RonyVargasV 21m21 minutes agoView translation
    Cuestión de detalles para que @Elpercoo119 se una a las filas del @torontofc de la @futbolMLS . Seguiremos informando.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm....the plot thickens.

He was looked at by Vancouver over the off season apparently.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-12-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well, let's see if he can fit into the system. Good signing on the surface, but it all depends on how he fits.

Let's see if it happens. Nothing is ever official in TFC land until we see him on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious as to whether this guy is option #1, or if they're trying to strengthen the team as much as possible given limited options for this playoff run.

Can't find much in the way of stats or info on him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a good player to have for CCL games, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it with Fridays and TFC signing/trading players

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And ...he has been to Toronto once before.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/toronto-...me-win-p145763

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. I hate Armando Cooper. Anyone from Arabe Unido really. Bunch of diving wanks
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty low risk. Not much to lose with this signing I suppose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Ugh. I hate Armando Cooper. Anyone from Arabe Unido really. Bunch of diving wanks
    Another reason why I want to get back to CCL play - cause at least its my team getting CONCACAF'd.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Another reason why I want to get back to CCL play - cause at least its my team getting CONCACAF'd.
    Not to mention the unique experience of playing in some decrepit stadium somewhere that doesn't own a lawn-mower but is mowed by goats.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not to mention the unique experience of playing in some decrepit stadium somewhere that doesn't own a lawn-mower but is mowed by goats.
    Don't forget the bags of pee-pee thrown around by some Mexican fans!