Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2069
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    They are not selling MB. Not sure where this sentiment is coming from in this thread.

A few pages back MB has no value and to get rid of him MLSE would have to eat a portion of salary. Now he's going to be sold no matter what. I just don't get it.

Vanney, Bez, Fraser, MLSE etc all rate him very highly and he loves it here and he loves playing for the club. I'm not sure how that translates to him being gone for sure.
    Cmon, you don't need a PhD to see that (i) TFC owes him USD 21M, and (ii) he doesn't put a single person in the seats, (iii) he doesn't contribute more than some other $400K/year MF would, and (iv) he was one of a series of signings of a discredited former stareffer CEO who used MLSE's wallet to advance his own personal business interests.

I love Bradley, but he is for sale. He will be perpetually for sale, until he is moved.

Only Seba is safe (maybe). He puts fannies in seats.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-02-2016 at 07:33 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the scouting report on him? Is he a decent player? I've never seen him but his pedigree peaks an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    River Plate just released this guy http://www.transfermarkt.com/leonard.../spieler/26744

Get him on the phone Bez!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    What's the scouting report on him? Is he a decent player? I've never seen him but his pedigree peaks an interest.
    Traditional Argie #10 - think Mauro Diaz style. Wand of a left foot. Was voted 3rd best player in South America for 2014 off the back of his performances for River in the Copa Sudamerica. He also played a part in River winning the Copa Lib in 2015. From what i've seen of him with River he may not be as dynamic as what TFC are supposedly looking for. Loves a finish from the edge of the box though.

He absolutely tore the Qatari league apart which is somewhat interesting too.

If his termination with River is complete before the MLS window shuts any MLS team could bring him on trial and sign him as a free agent before the roster freeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traditional Argie #10 - think Mauro Diaz style. Wand of a left foot. Was voted 3rd best player in South America for 2014 off the back of his performances for River in the Copa Sudamerica. He also played a part in River winning the Copa Lib in 2015. From what i've seen of him with River he may not be as dynamic as what TFC are supposedly looking for. Loves a finish from the edge of the box though.

He absolutely tore the Qatari league apart which is somewhat interesting too.

If his termination with River is complete before the MLS window shuts any MLS team could bring him on trial and sign him as a free agent before the roster freeze.
    This says he has interest from MLS but no offers yet. http://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbo...624637656.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade deadline is Aug 3 (incl transfers from out of league), roster freeze is 15 Sept (no free agent signing after this date)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    This says he has interest from MLS but no offers yet. http://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbo...624637656.html
    I'm praying this happens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good player by accounts but I'd be surprised if we go for a 30+ AM. They are going to want somebody to be with this team over the next 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larson already said they were willing to give an older player an 18month deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Good player by accounts but I'd be surprised if we go for a 30+ AM. They are going to want somebody to be with this team over the next 3 years.
    Depending on the role the CAM is asked to play, athleticism isn't really a primary attribute required for a CAM. You have some Brazilian and Argentinian CAMs playing well into their mid 30s if they are given an advanced role with limited responsibilities defensively.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Depending on the role the CAM is asked to play, athleticism isn't really a primary attribute required for a CAM. You have some Brazilian and Argentinian CAMs playing well into their mid 30s if they are given an advanced role with limited responsibilities defensively.
    Yeah but you want them to do some defending too in a diamond midfield(narrow) if that's what we would move to.

I rather they get a young CAM in the age range of Laba, there has to be a few of those guys available down in SA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I rather they get a young CAM in the age range of Laba, there has to be a few of those guys available down in SA.
    There are but for every Castillo or Laba there are an equal amount of Gilbertos or Denilsons. Crap shoot at best especially at short notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is accurate, we could still sign said player up until the roster freeze date of September 15th. Tonight's deadline only applies to actual transfers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

If this is accurate, we could still sign said player up until the roster freeze date of September 15th. Tonight's deadline only applies to actual transfers.
    correct. free agents can be signed until 15 Sept

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matias Perez Garcia was just traded to Orlando for Darwin Ceren. Apparently we were in on Garcia:

He's the right kind of player, but I'd like to do a little better. Especially for that return... Ceren is a good DM on a very reasonable contract. We probably would have had to give up Delgado + someone or something else.

edit: By the way, I should add that Garcia is a DP, so if our interest in him was correct this confirms we have enough TAM to buy down a low DP salary.
    Last edited by notthesun; 08-03-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Cmon, you don't need a PhD to see that (i) TFC owes him USD 21M, and (ii) he doesn't put a single person in the seats, (iii) he doesn't contribute more than some other $400K/year MF would, and (iv) he was one of a series of signings of a discredited former stareffer CEO who used MLSE's wallet to advance his own personal business interests.

I love Bradley, but he is for sale. He will be perpetually for sale, until he is moved.

I hope he is for sale. I don't think he will be moved though unless a European club is willing to cough up at least 10 million dollars to cover the transfer fee we paid. Will a European club pay that much and assume his exorbitant salary? I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matias Perez Garcia was just traded to Orlando for Darwin Ceren. Apparently we were in on Garcia:

He's the right kind of player, but I'd like to do a little better. Especially for that return... Ceren is a good DM on a very reasonable contract. We probably would have had to give up Delgado + someone or something else.

edit: By the way, I should add that Garcia is a DP, so if our interest in him was correct this confirms we have enough TAM to buy down a low DP salary.
    No, apparently he's still a DP at san jose so they're eating a large portion of contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest article from Larson says the attacking midfielder we were/are targeting is "from the Balkans".

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Michael Bradley alone currently worth 3 million Euros, down by half but still quite valuable.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/michael.../spieler/30593
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    no way. not with his current contract / salary expectations.

The guys that have recently been sold out of MLS for that much were making sweet fuck all by european standards and would not have have high salary expectations (again by european standards) but too expensive for an MLS club which is limited by cap + allocation $.

Looks like Bradley is worth what was claimed by transfermkt, he's not for sale.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...l_share_button

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest article from Larson says the attacking midfielder we were/are targeting is "from the Balkans".
    All right, might as well have a crack at this. I'm going full Mariner scouting mode. That is to say, Wikipedia national team pages + transfermarkt searches. I assumed we'd be signing someone who is likely 24 years of age or older (ready to step into the team and contribute), who played mainly central attacking mid, who's performed well enough recently that we'd be interested, and who hasn't just moved to a new club or doesn't play for a big club. That got me this list of targets:

- Herolind Shala (Albania)
    - Alban Meha (Albania)
    - Mario Vrancic (Bosnia)
    - Semir Stilic (Bosnia)
    - Tino-Sven Susic (Bosnia)
    - Marcelinho (Bulgaria)
    - Alexandru Maxim (Romania)
    - Nicolae Stanciu (Romania)
    - Aleksandar Katai (Serbia)
    - Josip Ilicic (Slovenia)
    - Kevin Kampl (Slovenia)
    - Yunus Malli (Turkey)
    - Mehmet Ekici (Turkey)

A few of these players are probably well out of our reach, but what the hell. Now, Larson originally said the player has represented his national team, which is currently in the top 30 of the FIFA rankings. In the latest article he makes reference to his previous report, so I'm going to assume this is the same player we're talking about here. National teams from the Balkans currently ranked in the top 30 are Croatia, Turkey, Romania, and Bosnia. So, trimming that list down...

- Mario Vrancic (Bosnia)
    - Semir Stilic (Bosnia)
    - Yunus Malli (Turkey)
    - Mehmet Ekici (Turkey)

Of these players, Malli has been linked with Tottenham and Stanciu has been linked with a bunch of clubs, so they are both unlikely.

Vrancic has performed well in the German 2nd division, less well in the top flight. Stilic is the only player there currently without a contract; he ripped up the Polish 1st division for a year and a half but didn't do much this past season in Cyprus. Susic is coming off a great year in the Croatian 1st division. Ekici has had two very good seasons in Turkey with Trabzonspor.

Most interesting name here for me is Alexandru Maxim. 26 years old, plays for VfB Stuttgart, best season was 3 years ago with 7 goals and 12 assists in 29 games. Not sure what the situation is there, but his playing time has been decreasing since then, and this year he ended up missing out on the Romanian Euro squad because he wasn't playing regularly enough towards the end of the season. Plus, Stuttgart got relegated to the 2nd division after finishing 17th. Seems like a situation where he might be open to a move, and the club has already been using him less and less. Rates pretty well on WhoScored also, averages well over 1 key pass a game. Here's the mandatory techno music highlight video. Based on my super amateur scouting, I'm just gonna cross my fingers we're after this guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I think a good AM would solidify this team for this season as a cup contender, the history of post July acquisitions show they tend to not adapt until the next season.

i.e. If they are serious about a guy now, they better make sure the attitude to be here, in this league, in this city, with this coaching staff and this team is perfect.

No more Kantari's thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, might as well have a crack at this. I'm going full Mariner scouting mode. That is to say, Wikipedia national team pages + transfermarkt searches. I assumed we'd be signing someone who is likely 24 years of age or older (ready to step into the team and contribute), who played mainly central attacking mid, who's performed well enough recently that we'd be interested, and who hasn't just moved to a new club or doesn't play for a big club. That got me this list of targets:

- Alban Meha (Albania)
    - Mario Vrancic (Bosnia)
    - Semir Stilic (Bosnia)
    - Marcelinho (Bulgaria)
    - Kevin Kampl (Slovenia)
    - Yunus Malli (Turkey)
    - Mehmet Ekici (Turkey)

A few of these players are probably well out of our reach, but what the hell. Now, Larson originally said the player has represented his national team, which is currently in the top 30 of the FIFA rankings. In the latest article he makes reference to his previous report, so I'm going to assume this is the same player we're talking about here. National teams from the Balkans currently ranked in the top 30 are Croatia, Turkey, Romania, and Bosnia. So, trimming that list down...

- Mario Vrancic (Bosnia)
    - Semir Stilic (Bosnia)
    - Yunus Malli (Turkey)
    - Mehmet Ekici (Turkey)

Of these players, Malli has been linked with Tottenham and Stanciu has been linked with a bunch of clubs, so they are both unlikely.

Vrancic has performed well in the German 2nd division, less well in the top flight. Stilic is the only player there currently without a contract; he ripped up the Polish 1st division for a year and a half but didn't do much this past season in Cyprus. Susic is coming off a great year in the Croatian 1st division. Ekici has had two very good seasons in Turkey with Trabzonspor.

Most interesting name here for me is Alexandru Maxim. 26 years old, plays for VfB Stuttgart, best season was 3 years ago with 7 goals and 12 assists in 29 games. Not sure what the situation is there, but his playing time has been decreasing since then, and this year he ended up missing out on the Romanian Euro squad because he wasn't playing regularly enough towards the end of the season. Plus, Stuttgart got relegated to the 2nd division after finishing 17th. Seems like a situation where he might be open to a move, and the club has already been using him less and less. Rates pretty well on WhoScored also, averages well over 1 key pass a game. Here's the mandatory techno music highlight video. Based on my super amateur scouting, I'm just gonna cross my fingers we're after this guy.
    You're good, man.
    All of the conversations I've had about one of the players mentioned above have been off-record, though. So providing as much information as I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Bradley is worth what was claimed by transfermkt, he's not for sale.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...l_share_button
    Maybe. Or maybe Ives is getting played by someone, which happens to him in about 50% of his stories. Wasn't he the one who said Ibra to the Galaxy was 90% done?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. Or maybe Ives is getting played by someone, which happens to him in about 50% of his stories. Wasn't he the one who said Ibra to the Galaxy was 90% done?
    I'll choose Ives over most people on this board, except for the very few who I know genuinely have inside information. Some people on here are knowledgeable, but speculation that Bradley wouldn't be highly desirable to many teams is simply just not credible. Many Euro teams would totally ignore what has happened in MLS and just look at his Italian experience, and transfermkt while not perfect is a pretty good resource.

Many people here are so down on this team due to years of incompetence that they don't look at the team, coaches, and players through the typical "rose coloured glasses" that most fans have, but rather a pair of dirty "grey coloured glasses."
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-05-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll choose Ives over most people on this board, except for the very few who I know genuinely have inside information. Some people on here are knowledgeable, but speculation that Bradley wouldn't be highly desirable to many teams is simply just not credible. Many Euro teams would totally ignore what has happened in MLS and just look at his Italian experience, and transfermkt while not perfect is a pretty good resource.

Many people here are so down on this team due to years of incompetence that they don't look at the team, coaches, and players through the typical "rose coloured glasses" that most fans have, but rather a pair of dirty grey coloured glasses.
    They were grey glasses before. Now they're onyx.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 3.5m euro transfer fee for Sampdoria or Torino is well within what they typically pay for players (salary would be a different story). So it's not that hard to believe. If someone within the league or FO wanted to bullshit a transfer story i'd wager they'd leak a higher fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 3.5m euro transfer fee for Sampdoria or Torino is well within what they typically pay for players (salary would be a different story). So it's not that hard to believe. If someone within the league or FO wanted to bullshit a transfer story i'd wager they'd leak a higher fee.
    I highly doubt this is coming from the league. I would bet it's coming directly from Ron Waxman, Bradley's agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    You're good, man.
    All of the conversations I've had about one of the players mentioned above have been off-record, though. So providing as much information as I can.
    Haha, it's actually one of those guys? That's awesome.

I appreciate the info. Feel free to pass that post along to Bez... lots of good backup plans if we strike out on target #1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original info about an approach seemed to be coming out of Italy - teams there are under pressure to be seen to be doing something.

The amount discussion could have been coming from anywhere, including TFC letting it slip through somebody and thus telling teams in Europe to stop bothering them for that level.

There's a lot of different agendas that feed transfer rumours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See this is where it gets complicated. If we benchmark Bradley against other Series A midfielders he is paid at least 2 million euros more a season (maybe even three). Multiply that by three seasons on his remaining contract and you have a 6 million hole that needs to be capped. The new club has other options so I doubt they eat it.

If this were a thing, it's on Bradley / TFC to make it work. I would suspect the hypothetical solution would be that 5 million transfer number quickly drops to like 1-2 to comp the new club for wages and Bradley eats a little bit to make up the remainder. TFC still comes out ahead because they cleared a lot of salary expense and got a bit of a fee. Replacement's total cost of salary + transfer fee still less.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 08-05-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Alban Meha (Albania)
    - Mario Vrancic (Bosnia)
    - Semir Stilic (Bosnia)
    - Marcelinho (Bulgaria)
    - Kevin Kampl (Slovenia)
    - Yunus Malli (Turkey)
    - Mehmet Ekici (Turkey)

- Mario Vrancic (Bosnia)
    - Semir Stilic (Bosnia)
    - Yunus Malli (Turkey)
    - Mehmet Ekici (Turkey)

great work, except thats just regular euro dance music. not techno

Techno 120-160 BPM
    Dance music 110 - 140 BPM