Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Fire Vanney for not doing his job?
    Cant tell if you are serious, but Bradley hasn't exactly lives up to expectations, its not out of the question he doesn't get back to form.

His decline since his Roma days is really evident.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Cant tell if you are serious, but Bradley hasn't exactly lives up to expectations, its not out of the question he doesn't get back to form.

His decline since his Roma days is really evident.
    Strongly strongly strongly disagree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strongly strongly strongly disagree
    What part? I don't want Vanney fired just to clarify.

Bradley's been very up and down for me, I need to see some consistency.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this situation, I'm only judging Bradley by the results that come out of games when he's on the field, and when he's off. I don't have exact numbers, but it seems like TFC wins more games without him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sell him while you can.6.5 mil for a DM in this league is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    sell him while you can.6.5 mil for a DM in this league is ridiculous.
    But 5m is a slap in the face

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of thoughts about Altidore before the last 2 games.

In our away game trips to start the season, the consensus was Bradley in that DM role was the best we have ever seen him. This did not change through the May homestand we had before he went away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is in decline,probs better then what your going to get next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Record with Bradley - 4 wins, 4 losses, 4 ties - 8 games away followed by 4 at home. Record without Bradley - 4 wins 3 losses, 2 ties. That to me is a wash.

His experience would have been useful in San Jose btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a mute point anyway,they are going sell him .the big clubs sell for profit and sell for loss thats futbol.i really like MB but not at 6.5 mil and is out 6 to 10 games a year.i dont think he sells tickets here,if you got a good player for Portugal or another Italian you would sell more tickets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE doesn't need the money and MLS wants him here. Unless Bradley wanted to go back, this isn't happening. Soooooo... its not happening.

I also don't get why people get so ticked at DP's going missing for the USMNT but when its a Canuck MNT plugger, hey, no problem. Shades of Darcey Tucker.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-02-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a mute point anyway,they are going sell him .the big clubs sell for profit and sell for loss thats futbol.i really like MB but not at 6.5 mil and is out 6 to 10 games a year.i dont think he sells tickets here,if you got a good player for Portugal or another Italian you would sell more tickets.
    So many people miss the point with TFC and MLSE (when dealing with TFC). It's not about ticket sales. We aren't the Argos who bleed money at the best of times. What does matter and always mattered most to them with regard to TFC is PR.

Nearly everything they do, costs be damned, is for image purposes. Selling your captain, a known USMNT member to casual fans, is not what they would see as good PR. Because a lot of fans don't follow the workings of MLS or even world football, they'd see it as a salary dump just like what happens in other N.A sports and it would be an especially bitter pill to swallow for that average fan when he wasn't immediately replaced with another big name.

So yeah, that's not happening unless Bradley asked for it. They aren't forcing him out and risk alienating the larger percentage of paying ticket holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE doesn't need the money and MLS wants him here. Unless Bradley wanted to go back, this isn't happening. Soooooo... its not happening.

I also don't get why people get so ticked at DP's going missing for the USMNT but when its a Canuck MNT plugger, hey, no problem. Shades of Darcey Tucker.
    1. We are Canadian and support our country

2. Realistically we miss less time if any as CMNT generally plays on FIFA dates where USMNT does not respect those dates as much

3. We are not paying johnson/ricketts/Osorio etc DP money

4. Floro doesn't send our guys back injured after every camp/tournament where Jurgen seams to make sure our guys are injured every time they come back.

Nobody was going to complain about Seba going to euros

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also don't get why people get so ticked at DP's going missing for the USMNT but when its a Canuck MNT plugger, hey, no problem.
    That's the CMNT goggles doing their thing but to be fair, Canada never lasts long in tourneys so the players don't usually miss much time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultra has a good point. I still think they need to bite the bullet and move him. He, like altidore, do not make enough of a different to carry that DP tag. I'm hopeful though, and don't think any change is needed until the off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the fence with Bradley and would like to see how the remainder of season goes before making judgement.
    I think I read a tweet that he could be starting next Saturday.

This is all time stats with TFC where he started and played full 90.

From March/15/2014 - May/21/2016

22 Wins
    30 Loss
    10 Ties

7 Goals
    11 Assist

11 Yellow
    0 Red
    Last edited by ronzilla; 08-02-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We also would get zero in allocation money from selling Bradley. To receive allocation from a transfer fee for an outgoing player, the fee has to be larger than the total commitment to the player from the club (so transfer fee paid + salary over the cap). In Bradley's case we paid $10 million to buy him from Roma, and after this season we will have paid him a little over $18 million in above-the-cap salary. So to net any allocation money we would have to sell Bradley for a transfer fee north of $28 million. Obviously, that's never gonna happen.

So his transfer doesn't help build the roster. The only way Bradley moves is if he decides he wants to go back to Europe, or we have a new big-money DP lined up and ready to be signed. Neither of those are true at the moment so he's not going anywhere. And given we're looking at adding a TAM-level attacking playmaker, not a DP playmaker, and that's the only spot on our current roster where it makes sense to sign an impact player in my opinion, I really doubt he leaves in the off-season too.

I think it's much more likely Altidore moves before Bradley, if either of those happen.
    Last edited by notthesun; 08-02-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not selling MB. Not sure where this sentiment is coming from in this thread.

A few pages back MB has no value and to get rid of him MLSE would have to eat a portion of salary. Now he's going to be sold no matter what. I just don't get it.

Vanney, Bez, Fraser, MLSE etc all rate him very highly and he loves it here and he loves playing for the club. I'm not sure how that translates to him being gone for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    We also would get zero in allocation money from selling Bradley. To receive allocation from a transfer fee for an outgoing player, the fee has to be larger than the total commitment to the player from the club (so transfer fee paid + salary over the cap). In Bradley's case we paid $10 million to buy him from Roma, and after this season we will have paid him a little over $18 million in above-the-cap salary. So to net any allocation money we would have to sell Bradley for a transfer fee north of $28 million. Obviously, that's never gonna happen.

So his transfer doesn't help build the roster. The only way Bradley moves is if he decides he wants to go back to Europe, or we have a new big-money DP lined up and ready to be signed. Neither of those are true at the moment so he's not going anywhere. And given we're looking at adding a TAM-level attacking playmaker, not a DP playmaker, and that's the only spot on our current roster where it makes sense to sign an impact player in my opinion, I really doubt he leaves in the off-season too.

I think it's much more likely Altidore moves before Bradley, if either of those happen.
    Where are you getting this from? Because the national soccer writers were saying on Twitter that TFC would receive $650k in allocation if MB is sold. Not saying you are wrong just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    Where are you getting this from? Because the national soccer writers were saying on Twitter that TFC would receive $650k in allocation if MB is sold. Not saying you are wrong just curious.
    It's in the rule book on the MLS site

If a Designated Player is transferred or loaned, the club will receive all amounts of the transfer or loan fee revenue until it has recouped all of the out-of-pocket cash payments made by the club in connection to that player prior to any sharing arrangement with the league. After such recoup, the transfer or loan of the Designated Player shall be treated as any other transfer with the club receiving two-thirds (2/3) of the corresponding transfer or loan fee revenue

The club may assign up to $650,000 of the transfer/loan revenue as General Allocation Money. (In the case of Designated Players, such assignment of Allocation Money can only take place after the club has received 100% of their out-of-pocket investment)
    http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...nd-regulations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Previous examples. Off the top of my head, when Seattle sold Montero and when LA sold Gonzalez. In each case the club didn't receive allocation money because the transfer fee was too low.

These things are likely reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the league rather than there being an actual rule, but the point with allocation being awarded from transfer fees is to reward good business and player development. Buying Bradley for $10 million then selling him for half that wouldn't cut it, I don't think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I just figured it was usual back room MLS stuff, but there is an actual rule. There you go.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's the CMNT goggles doing their thing but to be fair, Canada never lasts long in tourneys so the players don't usually miss much time.
    And there's the difference. To some of us "goggles" are just support.

I don't understand how so many fans need to find equality and a fairness in the way support is. "Goose and gander" talk has no place here to me. Support is bias. It's part of it's very nature.

I admire those that want to steep in stats and figures as long as there is room for the organic unpredictablility that comes with supporter bias.

It's completely alien to me to hear or see the argument start with "If you feel that way about your team, you should feel that way about another team, too."

This applies to the never ending FIFA national eligibility debates as well.

Also - Darcy Tucker? Just PM that bit if you would. I don't know what that means, Og.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-02-2016 at 01:46 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    1. We are Canadian and support our country

2. Realistically we miss less time if any as CMNT generally plays on FIFA dates where USMNT does not respect those dates as much

3. We are not paying johnson/ricketts/Osorio etc DP money

4. Floro doesn't send our guys back injured after every camp/tournament where Jurgen seams to make sure our guys are injured every time they come back.

Nobody was going to complain about Seba going to euros

Fair points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not selling MB. Not sure where this sentiment is coming from in this thread.

A few pages back MB has no value and to get rid of him MLSE would have to eat a portion of salary. Now he's going to be sold no matter what. I just don't get it.

Vanney, Bez, Fraser, MLSE etc all rate him very highly and he loves it here and he loves playing for the club. I'm not sure how that translates to him being gone for sure.
    Absolutely. Seems people just need something to talk about. No chance he is sold. Also, MLS would not allow him to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On top of that: Canada doesn't play non-FIFA dates and have the league bend over backwards to release their stars.

Anyway. I think it's fair to say Altidore has not been the best, Bradley has been better. That said, it doesn't feel like we are getting the most value for our money from either player. Not that it's JA or MB's fault.

It's as if we took our lead from Seba and we brought in the other two because they are great talents. But how those three talents work together on this team is questionable.

Why are we always exploring Bradley's role in midfield when that's something we should be really solidifying if we're getting the most out of him? If Seba isn't the most inclined to do defensive work does Altidore make the most sense as a target man?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If Seba isn't the most inclined to do defensive work does Altidore make the most sense as a target man?
    Altidore doesn't play the target man role with us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Why are we always exploring Bradley's role in midfield....
    Nobody in the coaching staff or management has indicated there has been any exploring this season. He's the DM with the opportunity to do some playmaking as he sees fit. The bottom of the Diamond.

And Bradley was here before Seba. If anything we got Seba in 2015 to be the AM so Bradley could play farther back. Giovinco not being really that AM type, we spent a season working out where to put Bradley. He's the DM now.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-02-2016 at 03:24 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also the reality is they are only leaving if either of them want out. TFC can't just sell them against their will, they have to agree to it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

River Plate just released this guy http://www.transfermarkt.com/leonard.../spieler/26744

Get him on the phone Bez!