Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Altidore was sold for 10 mil. Miazga went for 5 mil. 10 mil might be too much but I can see Larin go for 7-8 mil if he pots 15+ goal again.

It'll depend on financial condition of European teams though. England is hard to get into pending on work permit
    Yeh and that is why I am surprised Doniel Henry got a permit and not having to use the Cyprus loophole.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    A team with Robbie Findley stacked?? C'mon man.
    I dunno, by NASL standards? They've signed Samaras, Derek Boateng, Sebastian Velasquez (who should be in MLS), Marvin Chavez (who should be in MLS), Michel (who was p. good in Dallas).

By NASL standards,that's pretty competitive. And Ryno played pretty well for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yeh and that is why I am surprised Doniel Henry got a permit and not having to use the Cyprus loophole.
    TFC did setup a strange deal for Doneil with Apollon Limassol in Cyprus, wasn't that related to getting him a UK work permit? I.e., he was nominally on a Cyprus squad for a year (even though loaned back to TFC), which might have gotten his foot in the European door?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    TFC did setup a strange deal for Doneil with Apollon Limassol in Cyprus, wasn't that related to getting him a UK work permit? I.e., he was nominally on a Cyprus squad for a year (even though loaned back to TFC), which might have gotten his foot in the European door?
    Yep. He would have received a cypriot passport automatically in another month or so, so they rubber stamped it. The rules there basically say you don't ever even have to set foot in the country, just have a certain level of investment there, which can included secured deposits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Huh. well, thanks for the info I guess. Color me wrong.

I still find it amusing that people, especially Brazillians, think Central florida is a prime tourist spot. I wonder how many went only to be confronted with the Urban Sprawl that rivals the worst parts of Brazil in terms of aesthetics and significant amounts of poverty. There's soooooo many other places they could go. I want to know who the guy is in Brazil who thought it would be hilarious to mislead people so badly. He's an evil, evil man.
    its true, there are so many Braslians there, I was really shocked when i first discovered this
    and it also true, central Florida is the pits but to each his own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But they're signing old cast offs and even older Euro players. When they develop anyone of note, then I'll take notice. Development over signings on this continent to show progress for the time being. But they are improving the standard with old vets like MLS 2.0 did. I give them that.
    Maybe not. There are more and more 'developed' players via MLS/NCAA who aren't finding room in the league. There is an opportunity for NASL to scoop up players anywhere from 18-24 who may have not been deemed good enough but with a season or two could prove to be very good players. It would come down to scouting however, and for example, could have maybe signed Mael Corboz or Callum Irving which would probably improve the player pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.espnfc.us/german-bundesliga/story/2839056/hertha-berlin-frustrated-with-us-over-john-brooks-injury

Another example of Klinsmann over-training/being dismissive of injured players. You just know Altidore is playing 90 minutes tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    http://www.espnfc.us/german-bundesliga/story/2839056/hertha-berlin-frustrated-with-us-over-john-brooks-injury

Another example of Klinsmann over-training/being dismissive of injured players. You just know Altidore is playing 90 minutes tonight.
    In a must win game I would not expect anything else than Jozy to go all out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a must win game I would not expect anything else than Jozy to go all out.
    I think you missed the point due to your passion for team USA.

Side note, Canada plays tonight too

I hope Jozy gets lots of bench time tonight and returns to TFC nice and healthy.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally get the point ( :, JK has pissed off his share of club coaches with his ways. In reality not too sure what Bez, Greg and company can really do about it outside of somehow convincing the said player to pullout etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think you missed the point due to your passion for team USA.

Side note, Canada plays tonight too

I hope Jozy gets lots of bench time tonight and returns to TFC nice and healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally get the point ( :, JK has pissed off his share of club coaches with his ways. In reality not too sure what Bez, Greg and company can really do about it outside of somehow convincing the said player to pullout etc.
    They could stop spending big money on USMNT players?

The 10 mil combined could land us another player of Gio's capability and a lesser known south American player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post

The 10 mil combined could land us another player of Gio's capability and a lesser known south American player.
    To be honest I find it weird that a Canadian team and quite a few people that live in Canada have such a hard on for USMNT players. Team would be better of going to South America, introducing some flair into the team and going away from these overpaid, untalented americans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    To be honest I find it weird that a Canadian team and quite a few people that live in Canada have such a hard on for USMNT players. Team would be better of going to South America, introducing some flair into the team and going away from these overpaid, untalented americans.
    The assumption that all South Americans are good is as baseless as ur opinion of Bradley being untalented based on him being an American.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The assumption that all South Americans are good is as baseless as ur opinion of Bradley being untalented based on him being an American.
    He didn't say they were ALL good. If you want to debate someone, perhaps not creating strawmen would serve you better. They would on these boards, I can pretty much guarantee you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they would want to come here though, there isn't a line up of players of Gios talanets (or even bradleys) in their 20s wanting to come to MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    they would want to come here though, there isn't a line up of players of Gios talanets (or even bradleys) in their 20s wanting to come to MLS
    You dangle 7 or 8 mil a year and you start to attract a ton of interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dangle 7 or 8 mil a year and you start to attract a ton of interest.
    TFC would need to find someone of the talents of Giovinco, but rides the bench at a top team or a star on a middle of the pack team. The only thing is that TFC might not get a player that has the desire and drive that Seba has. Perfect example is Defoe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Team would be better of going to South America, introducing some flair into the team and going away from these overpaid, untalented americans.
    With Americans, while they are overpaid, they are more of a known commodity. With South America you can end up with either a JPA type MLSer or a Vitti. You roll the dice with what you get from down there and that's not even counting in the home sickness and league, country, weather adjustments. Much more risk but possibly higher reward (or bigger bust).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    TFC would need to find someone of the talents of Giovinco, but rides the bench at a top team or a star on a middle of the pack team. The only thing is that TFC might not get a player that has the desire and drive that Seba has. Perfect example is Defoe.
    Yep, this is it right here....there's skilled players all over, but character is what separates the ones you want from the ones you don't.....unfortunate thing about that is firstly, you often can't find out until the player is already on your team, and then throwing 7-8M at them beforehand will never change character/desire.....TFC did their homework on this with Seba, and any team should imo, especially in MLS with DPs.....

Say what you will about American players being overrated and this, but imo as far as they're concerned, desire/heart is almost always there.....a USNT player does not often mail it in from what I've seen.....characteristics like heart are drilled in to athletes in NA.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Yep, this is it right here....there's skilled players all over, but character is what separates the ones you want from the ones you don't.....unfortunate thing about that is firstly, you often can't find out until the player is already on your team, and then throwing 7-8M at them beforehand will never change character/desire.....TFC did their homework on this with Seba, and any team should imo, especially in MLS with DPs.....

Say what you will about American players being overrated and this, but imo as far as they're concerned, desire/heart is almost always there.....a USNT player does not often mail it in from what I've seen.....characteristics like heart are drilled in to athletes in NA.....
    I tend to agree and the only issues I have with USMNT players are: Klinsman and his disregard for the players club and health as well as that they will miss major time every summer (WC/GC/Copa etc).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree and the only issues I have with USMNT players are: Klinsman and his disregard for the players club and health as well as that they will miss major time every summer (WC/GC/Copa etc).
    This is it for me too. If they had almost any other manager you wouldn't see training injuries during every one of their camps. International matches and tourneys are part of the package if you want really good players and that's how it is but always worrying whether players will come back injured or burnt out so an injury is looming is part of the JK football manifesto.

I won't even get into those times when he schedules friendlies on non-international dates or calls camps that are weeks long and full of two or three a days in the spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't even get into those times when he schedules friendlies on non-international dates or calls camps that are weeks long and full of two or three a days in the spring.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure both of these issues more have to do with the USSF and pre-date the Klinsman era. The latter has to do with the fact that the USSF need to wring every dollar out of their TV contract possible, leading to them scheduling as many games as possible. The former is almost always used as a pre-season camp for MLS and u23 players, the only problem now being that Klinsman is an awful conditioning coach and runs the MLS players into the ground before the season even starts, putting them at an even further disadvantage when the summer tournaments come around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I get that...all fair points.....but it becomes tough also to get players from SA with the tricky transfer rules they have......might not be a big deal for other teams to add the extra Mil or 2 to the player's agency or whatever they do there, but could be different with MLS teams....bit of a moot point anyways because stuff like that shouldn't be a problem for TFC....

This is it for me too. If they had almost any other manager you wouldn't see training injuries during every one of their camps. International matches and tourneys are part of the package if you want really good players and that's how it is but always worrying whether players will come back injured or burnt out so an injury is looming is part of the JK football manifesto.

from the TFC perspective, they're brutal for sure, but necessary.....the US is always at a disadvantage fitness wise in spring friendlies.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I get that...all fair points.....but it becomes tough also to get players from SA with the tricky transfer rules they have......might not be a big deal for other teams to add the extra Mil or 2 to the player's agency or whatever they do there, but could be different with MLS teams....bit of a moot point anyways because stuff like that shouldn't be a problem for TFC....
    I would go South for a lower salary DP (Mexico, Caribbean, south America etc) and maybe take advantage of the "young DP" rule. With the $$ available we should be able to pull a very good player out of Europe at a decent age, Gio can't be the only player with exceptional skill at a top English, Italian, German or Spanish club who would love to get playing time and be "the man".

Bradley and Jozy are good players and top MLS players but when we only get them for part of the season i wonder if its worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go South for a lower salary DP (Mexico, Caribbean, south America etc) and maybe take advantage of the "young DP" rule. With the $$ available we should be able to pull a very good player out of Europe at a decent age, Gio can't be the only player with exceptional skill at a top English, Italian, German or Spanish club who would love to get playing time and be "the man".

Bradley and Jozy are good players and top MLS players but when we only get them for part of the season i wonder if its worth it.
    its been mentioned before by others. NANI!

Queresma too is a money lover but his heads is in the clouds most of the time

There's is actually decent list of "didn't turn into Ronaldo" players out there now that I think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup all makes sense that way....

as far as the bolded goes.....if MLS would finally start recognizing FIFA dates (at the least), that would go a long way too.....its silly how they want their teams to have top domestic talent, but then handcuff them by not allowing the team to maximize their investment....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup all makes sense that way....

as far as the bolded goes.....if MLS would finally start recognizing FIFA dates (at the least), that would go a long way too.....its silly how they want their teams to have top domestic talent, but then handcuff them by not allowing the team to maximize their investment....
    They started giving teams options to play or not play on FIFA dates this season, which is why we don't play during WCQ times. WC/WG/Copa are all month+ long tournaments in the middle of our season and it would be near impossible to avoid them they are taking a 2 week Copa break this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They started giving teams options to play or not play on FIFA dates this season, which is why we don't play during WCQ times. WC/WG/Copa are all month+ long tournaments in the middle of our season and it would be near impossible to avoid them they are taking a 2 week Copa break this year.
    avoiding, yes I agree impossible, but minimizing is what needs to be done....and teams are finally getting some leeway there....I'm not too bothered by having our USNT players missing out on a game or 2 max during the season.....happens to pretty much every team (though not necessarily with USNT players) so things level out....its losing them for extended periods that hurt the team and league.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    its been mentioned before by others. NANI!

Queresma too is a money lover but his heads is in the clouds most of the time

There's is actually decent list of "didn't turn into Ronaldo" players out there now that I think about it
    We should have grabbed Quaresma when he was a free agent a few years ago tbh... but YES NANI OVER JOZY EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah im good thanks. Not a fan of how often Jozy is injured but hes adecent player for this league otherwise.